Laughing Stock

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Laughing Stock

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You weren't saying the same last season when we lost to fucking Forest under the mune.

Why is that?

So you still think Mancini is the man yea?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You weren't saying the same last season when we lost to fucking Forest under the mune.

Why is that?

so you are going back 13 months and tyring to prove what exactly?

YOU WANTED MANCINI AND HE IS FUCKING SHITE, do you still believe he is the messiah?

What about him being a proven winner? Silverware etc etc etc.....

you thought it'd happen in two months? To get these lazy turds playing who had got used to no tactics and no team discipline?

But hey ho, gary neville is soon available.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby blue 68 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 pm

title sums it up - Manchini fucked up and we've lost Ade and we're a laughing stock, mmmmm worried, you could be.
Let's get rid.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby HeyMark » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Why is that?

Very classy
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 pm

crossan wrote:We are clinging to the hope that we can somehow snatch the 4th place..............its very,very doubtful for me,some of the players brought in have not performed for us,they should look at themselves.

For me that's key the likes of Toure and RSC were never ever worth the money or their place in the team - Wenger rarely gets it wrong when he sells and that's proved with Toure looks good on the ball, but cannot defend to save his life...
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why is that?

YOU WANTED MANCINI AND HE IS FUCKING SHITE, do you still believe he is the messiah?

you thought it'd happen in two months? To get these lazy turds playing who had got used to no tactics and no team discipline?

brilliant.

they had far more fucking team discipline under hughes and the players actually liked the bloke.

i think it was the right choice for hughes to go but fuck me isnt mancini supposed to be some great manager... born winner etc??
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Why is that?

because that was a completely different team, we have seen what this team can do and mancini has come in and totally fucked it up. this complete shite of walking around the training pitch setting out positions without a ball is complete wank.

our attacking has gone from one of the best in the league to one of the worst and our defending has only got slightly better
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby david yearsley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Oh dear - the bloodletting has begun in earnest - tis a very sad night - I´m numb with apathy frankly coz it´s no fuclin surprise - god knows what the owners must be thinking
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby gillie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN !!!!
HUGHES WAS SHITE AND DIDNT ADDRESS THE DEFENSIVE SHITE AND HE WAS SACKED.................MANCINI IS PROVING WORSE THAN HIM SO HE WILL ALSO GET THE BOOT......WHY THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE GOING ON ABOUT IF WE HAD HUGHES WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN THIS TEAM OR THAT TEAM..ITS BOLLOKS...HE WAS SHITE GET OVER IT !!!!

JOSE IN THE SUMMER (I BET YOU WOULDNT GET EVEN MONEY AT THE BOOKIES)

Carl with Hughes this game would have been over game 1 coz we would have ripped Pulis a new one and you know that.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sheikhermaker » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Too negative set up on the pitch. It doesn't work in the PL. And I know tonight was FA cup.

And you can't play a team renownked for a certain style of play at their own game, at their place. Not when we can't play our own style of play well, at home.

I feel dismayed and I haven't wanted to get into to the Hughes/Mancini debate, but its really looking like a dreadful decision now.

The only thing we can do now is take the 'positive' that we can concentrate on the league.

Well I hope the squad and Mancini grow a pair of balls each to a man, otherwise, we'll certainly be a laughing stock by the time the weekend is out.
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Waz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 pm

It's a nightmare situation to be honest.

Regardless of my own thoughts of Hughes as a manager and motivator, I did think at the time of his sacking that it was the wrong time to make changes. If you were going to do it, do so at the end of the season when the board could evaluate what was achieved and where to go from that position. If the manager then needed replacing, it would at least have been a change pre-season which would have allowed the new man in time to get the players he wanted, and more importantly, players who want to come for the right reasons.

We basically shot ourselves in the foot at that point and the board did themselves little credit. Now we're in an even worse situation where it's clear that the replacement manager is little or no improvement on what we previously had, and with potentially nothing to show at the end of the season except for some costly signings who have, to be brutally honest, underperformed and clearly come for the money.

It hurts most of all to see that. There's not much pride and passion from a lot of the players who are more focussed on their next pay packet instead of performing on the pitch. And that's a motivational thing, down to mainly the management (or lack of).
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby crossan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Oh well back to the drawing board for the owners esp after the Chelsea game on Saturday.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

i feel badly for Mancini. He walked into a situation where he was almost doomed to fail.

I don't really rate him much as a football manager after the last 2 months, but i think he's probably a good person who really wants our success. it's too bad he likely won't be able to figure it out, even if he's given forever and a day.

We need to hire a proven Premier League winner. End of story.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

What a joke that was, no fight no heart they just don't give a shit. And you can all say bye to getting 4th aswell.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby stinky pete » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

ALL THE MONEY WE HAVE SPENT AND WERE SHIT IN ALL THE PITCH , DISGRACE 2NITE
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Can I remind people we are 5th in the table with a game in hand of the team in 4th.

If we finish 4th in the table at the end of the season it is "job done" by Mancini and his contract will get renewed. Simple as.

And will all the people saying he is shit be back on here to wipe the egg off their face ??? I bet not.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

We can't play football anymore.

We could play football before.

This equates to us fucking up as a football club.

Yet again.
Original Dub

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

Why is that?

because that was a completely different team, we have seen what this team can do and mancini has come in and totally fucked it up. this complete shite of walking around the training pitch setting out positions without a ball is complete wank.

our attacking has gone from one of the best in the league to one of the worst and our defending has only got slightly better

hold on. you think the defending has got better?
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why is that?

yes absolutely, we were told this was the guy who was going to deliver 4th spot THIS SEASON.

what was ever lazy about the players under hughes? they always gave there all
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Hughes lost 2 games and was SACKED
Mancini has lost 4 recently and is still here, fucking double standards
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum