Went to Paris instead of Welcome to Messi Manchester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby harveytravis » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 pm

On a medical note as Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency at age 8 and had HGH injections throughout his teenage years (and still?) his strength and abilities at 33 years old are an unknown factor.

I do not know of any other footballer who had HGH deficiency let alone the best footballer ever.

Could this possible produce some sort of Peter Pan type syndrome where he plays on for longer than normal?

Just thrown that into the mix for discussion.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:01 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:21 pm

harveytravis wrote:On a medical note as Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency at age 8 and had HGH injections throughout his teenage years (and still?) his strength and abilities at 33 years old are an unknown factor.

I do not know of any other footballer who had HGH deficiency let alone the best footballer ever.

Could this possible produce some sort of Peter Pan type syndrome where he plays on for longer than normal?

Just thrown that into the mix for discussion.

HGH has permanent effects mate. I’d be very surprised if he’s still smashing HGH in. If he was he’d be 6 foot and have an absolute anchor for a dick.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:21 pm

City64 wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:
City64 wrote:Don’t forget Suarez has been told he can leave aswell , Barca are in financial and political meltdown and there huge stadium falling to pieces . The “English” media are not reporting this , any decent journalism would report the big picture but unfortunately as we have seen with brexit and “other” issues the UK is full of thick cunts with a prejudice “opinion “ .

I've a first class degree in Economics and voted to leave - guess I must be a thick cunt then :roll:

You said it pal ! :lol:

Mong
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby littlebig » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:23 pm

110 million + Garcia + Mahrez or B Silva is my prediction.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:Don’t forget Suarez has been told he can leave aswell , Barca are in financial and political meltdown and there huge stadium falling to pieces . The “English” media are not reporting this , any decent journalism would report the big picture but unfortunately as we have seen with brexit and “other” issues the UK is full of thick cunts with a prejudice “opinion “ .

I've a first class degree in Economics and voted to leave - guess I must be a thick cunt then :roll:

Curious , does the job that you do now require Economics Knowledge ?

Not entirely. THis is a football forum though and my political/personal opinions are irrelevant - pity all posters didn't take that attitude though
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby zuricity » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:Don’t forget Suarez has been told he can leave as well , Barca are in financial and political meltdown and there huge stadium falling to pieces . The “English” media are not reporting this , any decent journalism would report the big picture but unfortunately as we have seen with brexit and “other” issues the UK is full of thick cunts with a prejudice “opinion “ .

Not entirely. This is a football forum though and my political/personal opinions are irrelevant - pity all posters didn't take that attitude though

You are correct, This is a football forum . I just couldn't quite see the revelance of you mentioning your voting stance on Brexit and your educational qualifications. The original comment from City64 could be interpreted for and against Brexit and "other" issues.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:02 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:Don’t forget Suarez has been told he can leave as well , Barca are in financial and political meltdown and there huge stadium falling to pieces . The “English” media are not reporting this , any decent journalism would report the big picture but unfortunately as we have seen with brexit and “other” issues the UK is full of thick cunts with a prejudice “opinion “ .

Not entirely. This is a football forum though and my political/personal opinions are irrelevant - pity all posters didn't take that attitude though

You are correct, This is a football forum . I just couldn't quite see the revelance of you mentioning your voting stance on Brexit and your educational qualifications. The original comment from City64 could be interpreted for and against Brexit and "other" issues.

Correct Z .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:04 pm

City64 wrote:

You said it pal ! :lol:

Mong

I got 2 O levels many many years ago . Done ok though without being self entitled. Enjoy your first class degree , prick !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby sandman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:02 am

I have a niggling feeling that this entire situation stinks of a 33 year old who wants one last big pay day from Barcelona and knows that he can only earn that if he makes them think his attention lies elsewhere.

Also when he does sign a new contract for Barca it will be reported that we failed / were snubbed when in fact he probably has no intention of coming here and is probably using us for a bigger contract.

Barca will offer it aswell as he is worth a pretty penny in shirt sales.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:06 am

100m and few players thrown in, really!! He can stay where he is. Now let's move on and get what we need.
(Wont happen as this shite will drag on for weeks)
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wooders » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:55 am

I think it’s too late for him to go back now unless several members of the board stand down, which might be his end game, I really don’t think he’d use Pep like that though.

The contract situation is interesting though, as it states he can leave within 10 days of the CL final, but in the original date of June.
So it’s not exactly watertight, however, legally I think the date being stipulated would duck him over and his legal guys should have had stipulations should the date of the final have been delayed, but I’d have to agree with him, morally, Barca should honour the deal. Will they though?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:26 am

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I’ll stick up for DW in this instance as he was responding to a passive aggressive post to show that an educated person - replying to the “thick cunts” part of the post - can still have an opinion that the OP seems prejudice.

If you can’t see that Z, I’d say that says more about you then DW.

In any case, you’re a good poster - don’t get dragged in to the bickering mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm

I still have a bad feeling this whole Messi saga is a Catalan game of Barca politics, using Messi has the chess piece to oust the unpopular king (president) when the king is gone replaced by someone more favourable to Messi all will be sweetness and light again.
Really hope that fear is 100% bullshit.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Further to my previous post, well this article suggests how far off the mark I am -:

https://boltfromtheblue.live/2020/08/27 ... t-a-dream/
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Further to my previous post, well this article suggests how far off the mark I am -:

No HDS, I for one agree with your first post
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:39 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Further to my previous post, well this article suggests how far off the mark I am -:

Lets just wind everyone up and tell them Messi is a free transfer...we pay him ZERO. (Which is probably not far off the truth)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:19 pm

According to a report, Barcelona have sacked their own law firm for advising Messi on how to leave as a free agent
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:28 pm

Mase wrote:According to a report, Barcelona have sacked their own law firm for advising Messi on how to leave as a free agent

https://youtu.be/G_Sy6oiJbEk
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:According to a report, Barcelona have sacked their own law firm for advising Messi on how to leave as a free agent

https://youtu.be/G_Sy6oiJbEk

It certainly is an opera mate!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum