Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 am

dazby wrote:Wow. Great business if true.

I think we probably subsidised his wages whilst he was there and this is a bit of a clawback for our books.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:56 am

Must have been in the terms of the loan. Not a bad sweetner
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:Must have been in the terms of the loan. Not a bad sweetner

It was. If he signed for Everton after he became free agent we got the 2.5m, for any one else he was free. It seems his other offer was West Ham who offered better wages, but not surprisingly he preferred Everton (Sunday People).
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Not a bad piece of business for United with Shaw. Herrera I don't know much about other than what I've seen in the world cup. Anyone care to fill in?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Not a bad piece of business for United with Shaw. Herrera I don't know much about other than what I've seen in the world cup. Anyone care to fill in?

Over 30 million not a bad bit of business? I'm just wondering how much a fullback goes for these days, can't remember any at that price nevermind a relatively untested one.

Who were they bidding against is what I'd like to know.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Not a bad piece of business for United with Shaw. Herrera I don't know much about other than what I've seen in the world cup. Anyone care to fill in?

The Herrera playing at the WC is a Mexican guy while the rags singed a Spaniard who I think doesn't have a cap.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Clowncrete wrote:

The Herrera playing at the WC is a Mexican guy while the rags singed a Spaniard who I think doesn't have a cap.

Any chance they've made a mistake and bought the 'wrong' player, so to speak ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Herrera, De Marcos and Munain are, well, were, the players that brought Bilbao to UCL this season. If all of you remember Julen Guerrero, this guys is the same. Very creative, very calm with the ball, basically, a great kid, imho, a good transfer for them.

However,

He is a basque player and basque players are very different from actual spanish ones. As you can see, there are a thew players that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao to go to Barcelona or Madrid. When Llorente left Bilbao, he took almost one year to settle at Juve and this fell had experience with the national team of Spain, while Herrera had almost none contact with teams outside their area.

This transfer has only two roads, he is either a future top class for them, or the new Kleberson.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Over 30 million not a bad bit of business? I'm just wondering how much a fullback goes for these days, can't remember any at that price nevermind a relatively untested one.

Homegrown left back, very young. With the new rules about homegrown players coming into play I'm surprised they got him this cheap. I doubt his salary is that high and he's an English left back that might provide good service for a decade to come. Had they waited they might've had to pay more than this and up the salary as well. I do find it odd to discuss accounting when discussing football, a good player is a good player regardless of what you pay for him. IMO. I'd be interested to know what you think the market value is for a home grown left back, a young one at that.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Any chance they've made a mistake and bought the 'wrong' player, so to speak ??

This one perhaps?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Yes, there are thre Herreras in teh world, I'm as surprised as you are.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Also, he played football in the world cup of 94.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:34 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Homegrown left back, very young. With the new rules about homegrown players coming into play I'm surprised they got him this cheap. I doubt his salary is that high and he's an English left back that might provide good service for a decade to come. Had they waited they might've had to pay more than this and up the salary as well. I do find it odd to discuss accounting when discussing football, a good player is a good player regardless of what you pay for him. IMO. I'd be interested to know what you think the market value is for a home grown left back, a young one at that.

He's had about 10 good games. He's gone for more than £30 million and he's on £160 thousand per week. Hardly good business. What are these new rules that are coming in?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:52 pm

He's had about 10 good games. He's gone for more than £30 million and he's on £160 thousand per week. Hardly good business. What are these new rules that are coming in?

What would good business be then?

Homegrown rules mate, sorry if unclear about that.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

What would good business be then?

Homegrown rules mate, sorry if unclear about that.

What new homegrown rules?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Have I just dreamt that there are stricter regulation that requires more homegrown players in the premier league coming up? Boring dream if that's the case.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Have I just dreamt that there are stricter regulation that requires more homegrown players in the premier league coming up? Boring dream if that's the case.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:19 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Have I just dreamt that there are stricter regulation that requires more homegrown players in the premier league coming up? Boring dream if that's the case.

I think you have mate. Gordon Taylor mentioned that he'd like to see 3 English players in every 1st team which sparked a little debate elsewhere as it may fall inline with the thought that the old guard might by picking up the best English talent prior to changing the rules to suit themselves.

This is just one of those same old stories where the old guard snaffle up the talent from a team that has proved to work, leaving it dessimated to the point where there could be a chance of them struggling the season after. That's obviously the Saints choice but it does highlight the fact that although we now have rules in place to stop heavy spending and discouraging debt to enhance your team, it seems to be OK for certain clubs to do it.

Shaw looks a decent prospect and could go on to be as good, if not better, than Ashley Cole but at this moment in time he is just that, a prospect. Unless they're going to turn him into the new Bale or Tranny then I cannot see how an 18 year old lad who has one decent season in him is worth that sort of money.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:34 am

Shaw looks as if he could develop into a nice solid defender, who is, quick, decent on the ball & has a good cross etc on him. He hasn't so far shown the same kind of attacking flair & ability Bale showed though, not at any level.

Bale was always a clever fucker with the ball, too clever most of the time, but he was the worst fullback in the world, ever. He necame a match winning attacker. Shaw looks like a fullback. For 30 mil.

We have lads at City who are potentially as good or better than Shaw imo. Note: 'potentially'. They have to keep getting better & reproduce it one day in the Prem or they are nothing. But the ability is there & I would suggest there is more 'Bale' in Angelino than in Luke Shaw.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 am

I think you have mate. Gordon Taylor mentioned that he'd like to see 3 English players in every 1st team which sparked a little debate elsewhere as it may fall inline with the thought that the old guard might by picking up the best English talent prior to changing the rules to suit themselves.

Well ok, if there aren't new rules coming into effect then I'm way off in my initial assessment. I think it could turn out well for United with this signing anyway, but it's a hefty price they've paid. Or rather, it would be hefty for us but somehow I've got a feeling it won't cause as much potential bother as it would for us.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum