Went to Paris instead of Welcome to Messi Manchester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Don’t forget Suarez has been told he can leave aswell , Barca are in financial and political meltdown and there huge stadium falling to pieces . The “English” media are not reporting this , any decent journalism would report the big picture but unfortunately as we have seen with brexit and “other” issues the UK is full of thick cunts with a prejudice “opinion “ .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:41 pm

City64 wrote:Don’t forget Suarez has been told he can leave aswell , Barca are in financial and political meltdown and there huge stadium falling to pieces . The “English” media are not reporting this , any decent journalism would report the big picture but unfortunately as we have seen with brexit and “other” issues the UK is full of thick cunts with a prejudice “opinion “ .

I've a first class degree in Economics and voted to leave - guess I must be a thick cunt then :roll:
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:47 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:
City64 wrote:Don’t forget Suarez has been told he can leave aswell , Barca are in financial and political meltdown and there huge stadium falling to pieces . The “English” media are not reporting this , any decent journalism would report the big picture but unfortunately as we have seen with brexit and “other” issues the UK is full of thick cunts with a prejudice “opinion “ .

I've a first class degree in Economics and voted to leave - guess I must be a thick cunt then :roll:

You said it pal ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:49 pm

HagridFCB best twitter handle on the whole situation, superb !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm

“Messi and Bartomeu to meet to arrange exit without collateral damage “
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Just mention BREXIT to any far lefty and you normally get the drivel that City64 comes out with on a regular basis.

Triggered Lefty.

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Just mention BREXIT to any far lefty and you normally get the drivel that City64 comes out with on a regular basis.

Triggered Lefty.

Typical response from a far right fanatic , this is where the UK is divided as fuck and stuck in a complete quagmire.
Point proven !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Messi situation confirmed........
Messi lawyers to meet Barca board to complete friendly exit .
HagridFCB
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:09 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Triggered Lefty.

Typical response from a far right fanatic , this is where the UK is divided as fuck and stuck in a complete quagmire.
Point proven !

PS center ground me Carl why the the far left drama ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:17 pm

back to Messi has said he is leaving 3 x before this last episode just saying, he stayed every time with more power.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:18 pm

City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Triggered Lefty.

Point proven !

PS center ground me Carl why the the far left drama ?

I’m not getting into another fucking Brexit debate with you - your the one that slags off Brexit voters at any given and then you reel back in Shock and horror when your taken to task over it !

This thread is about Messi so let’s stick to the fucking topic shall we .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Hazy2 wrote:back to Messi has said he is leaving 3 x before this last episode just saying, he stayed every time with more power.

Whilst i agree and it was my reaction again this time round, but there seems to be some truth in Koeman telling Messi he is no longer Billy Big Bollocks and its all about the team and not him.

The wheels do seem to be coming off at Camp Nou.....

That said i'm still 50/50 myself
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:How can someone be so delusional? He has a contract. Barca are under no obligation to sell him and certainly have no "moral obligation" to let him go for free.

Not quite as black and white as that though , is it .

Season ends when you play the last match of the season - it only ended recently and his request to fuck off was faxed in time - in time ,meaning before the end of that current season .

It’s a lawyers job to define the wording To see who’s right and who’s wrong , and in your words , not some folk on an Internet forum .

He should just threaten them with our lawyers ))

Well if the clause relates to the CL final then I guess the devil will be in the detail of the small print. I'm guessing it doesn't say "CL Final as long as it's held in May."

No , that is true what you say . However , experiencing the Covid crap, any future contract might say "As long as....".
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Curious , does the job that you do now require Economics Knowledge ?
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Hazy2 wrote:back to Messi has said he is leaving 3 x before this last episode just saying, he stayed every time with more power.

Don’t forget he also quit the Argentina side until a new manager was installed
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:
branny wrote:A couple of so called tabloids reporting £89.5 million plus Garcia, Jesus and Bernardo. Mad.

That would possibly be the worst ever deal in our history and possibly the PLs as well

Three young players Plus nearly £90m in exchange For a 33 year old? No fucking way

Just wait until we send no players and pay more than 150m

Dont forget: Messi doesnt run. He once spent 90% of a match walking. He doesnt run or track back. He may be 33 but his laziness means his body is that of 28 year old or something
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:20 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Triggered Lefty.

Point proven !

Here's me thinking it was all the far left Commies that voted for Brexit ! No right minded Rightie would vote to cut his nose off.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:20 pm

Re the contract situation

Contracts in themselves, especially at such a high end level as Messi’s, will be as watertight as a ducks backside. If there was a cut off for Messi being allowed to leave on a free and that date specified in the contract has passed then that’s it. He contractually can’t leave on a free. Regardless of when the season ends, unless there is a clause in said contract allowing for such an event which has to be said is extremely unlikely, then the date is sacrosanct

Whether, as has been mooted, Barca will allow him to leave on a free as a gesture of goodwill, remains to be seen. He is their player, under contract for another season and as such any club wishing to buy him would thus potentially need to agree a fee for his services. There is merit in the argument to allow him to leave on a free. He has been there for the thick end of twenty years having given them virtually all his career, certainly the best part of it. He has scored over 640 goals for them and won dozens of cups in that time and in no small part is a major reason why they are the powerhouse they are now. Given he has publicly said he wants to leave and given his salary, €94M, are they really going to have a disgruntled player on their books on such huge renumeration? And isn’t there some rule that says a player can buy out his contract after January 1st and go to a foreign club?

If Barca hold out for a fee, then what is then acceptable? £50m? £25M? £100? No way is the buyout of £700M gonna be paid.
We hold all the aces in this scenario. Barca have an unhappy player with only one season left on contract and on huge money at a time when they are in dire financial trouble having to unload other players to reduce the wage bill due to the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Will be a very interesting next few weeks as this plays out
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:45 pm

If you voted leave you were correct, the anti City MSM all support remain so by definition leave is the City stance :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:Re the contract situation

Contracts in themselves, especially at such a high end level as Messi’s, will be as watertight as a ducks backside. If there was a cut off for Messi being allowed to leave on a free and that date specified in the contract has passed then that’s it. He contractually can’t leave on a free. Regardless of when the season ends, unless there is a clause in said contract allowing for such an event which has to be said is extremely unlikely, then the date is sacrosanct

Whether, as has been mooted, Barca will allow him to leave on a free as a gesture of goodwill, remains to be seen. He is their player, under contract for another season and as such any club wishing to buy him would thus potentially need to agree a fee for his services. There is merit in the argument to allow him to leave on a free. He has been there for the thick end of twenty years having given them virtually all his career, certainly the best part of it. He has scored over 640 goals for them and won dozens of cups in that time and in no small part is a major reason why they are the powerhouse they are now. Given he has publicly said he wants to leave and given his salary, €94M, are they really going to have a disgruntled player on their books on such huge renumeration? And isn’t there some rule that says a player can buy out his contract after January 1st and go to a foreign club?

If Barca hold out for a fee, then what is then acceptable? £50m? £25M? £100? No way is the buyout of £700M gonna be paid.
We hold all the aces in this scenario. Barca have an unhappy player with only one season left on contract and on huge money at a time when they are in dire financial trouble having to unload other players to reduce the wage bill due to the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Will be a very interesting next few weeks as this plays out

That's about it yes.

One factor missing in that is the barca regime is seriously disliked and under threat of removal. TV3 catalan tv have a good summary of it all. Today the first stage of the process of polling all the barca Socios has taken place with 3 prominent catalans registering the formal process of initial voting. This will be done by Sep 5-6. If they get past that initial stage then a vote goes out to all socios 100K+ ? and they have to get 66.6% to say yes to removing them.

So that is the sub plot to this, which is going to focus minds as well. Bartolemeu is in deep poo and is running out of friends.

Just to give some perspective here - a poll of barca supporters said 65% would let him leave on a free.

Some people just cant see when they are on the wrong side of history.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum