Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Sounds like Celina going on loan

I hope his heart will go on with this move.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Sounds like Celina going on loan

I hope his heart will go on with this move.

Actually sounds like hes frustrated. Wouldnt be surprised to see him leave when his contract is up.
(Yes i got your joke)
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:37 pm

City64 wrote:Cant believe City fans are writing Joe Hart off ??? WTF ???

Madness !!!

I would love to see Joe's distribution improve to the point where Pep believes he is our best option out there won't happen though.

Hart has been magnificent for this club on and off the pitch. But as someone said, sentiment won't win us trophies.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:02 pm

City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Ter Stegen manouevering it seems, wants a guarantee he'll be first choice in all competitions otherwise he's got an offer from City. Don't think Barca are likely to come out and agree with that, it would be rather unusual. Wonder why Joe hasn't turned out for us yet?

We don't want any prima donnas like this cunt . More than happy with Joe thanks , crack on !

Sorry man I'm not so sure Joe can hack it under Pep's system. I was expecting this to arise again.

Ter Stegen is a perfect fit. If I were Pep I'd make the move and sell Joe. Sentimentality only goes so far in sport, and I am a huge fan of Joe's but for his own sake and that of the teams' as well we may need to make a switch. Not his fault, but our style of play is going to be problematic for him, and another club can surely use his talents.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:Cant believe City fans are writing Joe Hart off ??? WTF ???

Madness !!!

I would love to see Joe's distribution improve to the point where Pep believes he is our best option out there won't happen though.

Hart has been magnificent for this club on and off the pitch. But as someone said, sentiment won't win us trophies.

And I just wrote pretty much the same thing. He will forever be a a favourite of mine even if we sell, but there many clubs who would love to get him, surely.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:08 pm

I'll ask again, is Ter Stegen any good of a keeper? He can use his feet, fair enough, how's he for everything else?

Is Hart really that bad with the ball that he doesn't at least deserve a chance in a system where players will be coming short to receive passes?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'll ask again, is Ter Stegen any good of a keeper? He can use his feet, fair enough, how's he for everything else?

Is Hart really that bad with the ball that he doesn't at least deserve a chance in a system where players will be coming short to receive passes?

This.

He is a good keeper, but we have two amazing keepers in Will and Hart. No need to change anything there.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:15 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'll ask again, is Ter Stegen any good of a keeper? He can use his feet, fair enough, how's he for everything else?

Yes, he is good. His biggest weakness is being vulnerable to long shots. Otherwise a strong shot stopper. We are also forgetting that Joe has some key weaknesses outside of distribution, so it isn't like that's it. He has repeatedly given away weak goals to his left, and his command of area I'd say is not good enough when he seems to make questionable decisions (trying to punch when he can grab, or punching in a way that does't end the goal threat).

I posted an article about Ter Stegen a while back when the rumour first arose that helps understand a bit more about him (although some thought the article was crap):

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51372&p=773387&hilit=Ter#p773260
Last edited by PrezIke on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:16 pm

Well maybe our players just weren't making themselves available short for him. Oh wait. Fernando. Ibrahimovic. Hart rooted to the spot gesticulating for Fernando to pass it to where he should have distributed it. Goal. Off Ibrahimovic's nose, erm, shin I mean. Shit.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:

This.

He is a good keeper, but we have two amazing keepers in Will and Hart. No need to change anything there.

Sure, Joe has immense qualities that have helped us in the past, but if he (worse than Willy) don't do well with distribution and that's key to the system Pep wants to play, why would he not make a change?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Justified logic wrote:Well maybe our players just weren't making themselves available short for him. Oh wait. Fernando. Ibrahimovic. Hart rooted to the spot gesticulating for Fernando to pass it to where he should have distributed it. Goal. Off Ibrahimovic's nose, erm, shin I mean. Shit.

Fernando came short and showed for the ball, Hart gave it him. You can't blame Hart for Fernando's horrendous touch.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Who said Hart's no good with the ball?

Watch on youtube.com

So why when he gets out on the pitch does he just choose to kick the ball straight into touch?
Justified logic

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Ter Stegen manouevering it seems, wants a guarantee he'll be first choice in all competitions otherwise he's got an offer from City. Don't think Barca are likely to come out and agree with that, it would be rather unusual. Wonder why Joe hasn't turned out for us yet?

We don't want any prima donnas like this cunt . More than happy with Joe thanks , crack on !

Keep drinking the Stellas crazy man.

I'd have the german kid today. Joe's never going to be that guy. Ever. He knows it. Pep knows it. This dance is just about respect and maturity.

cheers

You been smokin too much jazz weed shit bro !

£80 million buy out clause for Ter Stegen ......... absolute no fucking brainer !

Get my drift and fuck that dancing shit right off .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:33 pm

There all on that jazz weed shit pal , keepers save not play football ! Im with you all the way !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:34 pm

City64 wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
City64 wrote:

I'd have the german kid today. Joe's never going to be that guy. Ever. He knows it. Pep knows it. This dance is just about respect and maturity.

cheers

£80 million buy out clause for Ter Stegen ......... absolute no fucking brainer !

dude no one's fucking paying 80M for Ter Stegen. He'd be something like 20-30M. Goofball.

Crack another Stella...still some daylight there isn't there?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:34 pm

PrezIke wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

This.

Sure, Joe has immense qualities that have helped us in the past, but if he (worse than Willy) don't do well with distribution and that's key to the system Pep wants to play, why would he not make a change?

It is hard to say, actually.

I cannot name why Joe should stay at any cost, but somehow I feel that way. Willy also had a huge impact here and he can still play at least one season. Of course, we can sell Joe, but somehow I do not see that.

What I would do? Give Joe and Willy a season and see if they can adapt to what Pep wants. If not, then we can try to buy anyone we need there.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
City64 wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
City64 wrote:

cheers

dude no one's fucking paying 80M for Ter Stegen. He'd be something like 20-30M. Goofball.

Crack another Stella...still some daylight there isn't there?

cheers

Barca have just made a statement RE £80 million buy out clause if prima donna fancy feet wants offski , get with it bro !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:51 pm

80 mill wow!!
Just teach hart to kick a ball.....lot cheaper...lol
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Our man Gabriel Jesus's Olympic schedule for Brazil - if he plays...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gabri ... l+olympics

Starts tomorrow, 8pm (not sure what timezone that is, but pretty confident it is BST).
Justified logic

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:04 pm

Justified logic wrote:Our man Gabriel Jesus's Olympic schedule for Brazil - if he plays...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gabri ... l+olympics

Starts tomorrow, 8pm (not sure what timezone that is, but pretty confident it is BST).

Rarely do we get fans of Palmeiras on the site.

Welcome!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum