Guardiola & Messi to City next Season.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Guardiola & Messi to City next Season.

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:45 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Pellers -

“I am sure Pep Guardiola will work here some day. I even hope he will have the opportunity to work at Manchester City too, because I love this club and I care about its future, and I am sure he would do a good job. When is the future, I don’t know, but if the future turns out to be next year the most important thing for me to do is try to win the title again this season. To win two titles in three years would be quite an achievement, I think, and we were runners-up last season too. That was not our best season, I admit, but at least it was not a disaster.”

Classy.

Absolutely. More class in his little finger than Mourinho in total.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:42 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I can't believe that Pep would be allowed to announce tomorrow that he is set to join us. It would just be too disruptive. He may announce he s leaving Bayern but it can't be more the day before Arsenal. It's a bit like all that bollox talked just before we signed Kaka (and Mido).

He wont announce where he's going - particularly if the club has a manager - anyone expecting anything else is deluded.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:33 am

nottsblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Pellers -

“I am sure Pep Guardiola will work here some day. I even hope he will have the opportunity to work at Manchester City too, because I love this club and I care about its future, and I am sure he would do a good job. When is the future, I don’t know, but if the future turns out to be next year the most important thing for me to do is try to win the title again this season. To win two titles in three years would be quite an achievement, I think, and we were runners-up last season too. That was not our best season, I admit, but at least it was not a disaster.”

Classy.

Absolutely. More class in his little finger than Mourinho in total.

And to think, some Blues see fit to slag him off at any given opportunity.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:42 am

Can anybody see Pellers being moved upstairs to a position in the boardroom to make room for Pep?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:52 am

Blue In Bolton wrote:Can anybody see Pellers being moved upstairs to a position in the boardroom to make room for Pep?

You'd like to think so.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:53 am

Pep in the Summer. Pellers overall charge of the academy player development and to work with Pep on bringing players in. Simple.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Crossie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:57 am

He probably wouldn't but a Paddy V style role in the club including managing the next generation of players would be perfect for us.

Who better to put an arm around the shoulder and a word of experience in the ears of youth?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:48 am

I seriously cannot remember a time when a club has a manager they want plus one coming that they want. I hope we can find a role he wants and pellers stays, this is gonna be an interesting time.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:06 am

ancelotti pens 3 yr deal at bayern from start of next season...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35144474
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:38 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:ancelotti pens 3 yr deal at bayern from start of next season...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35144474

If he doesn't come to us at the end of the season he'll basically be taking a massive shit on both his mates upstairs.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Surely this was all sorted out last summer including Pellegrinis involvement? The extension was always a front. It's more common in Europe to just move on after a set time.

Maybe Pellegrini doesn't want to move upstairs? Mrs P still lives in Chile so he may want to retire on his millions.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:16 pm

Sunday Supplement rename the thing The Sulk, they hate the the thought Pep could be coming to us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:20 pm

So he is now officially leaving. Let's hope Mourinho goes to the rags then. As that's them out of the equation. Wenger isn't going to leave the Arse so it would be a straight choice between us and Chelsea. If that's the case then surely he comes to us?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Sunday Supplement rename the thing The Sulk, they hate the the thought Pep could be coming to us.

I thought it was quite a honest and balanced piece regarding our well run club and how the Rags are skrimping around trying to play Catch-Up with no real direction.

Getting PG really does change the narrative and neven though we'll still get the bile filled bullshit that the halfwit media will spout the majority will see it as a very big plus for the PL, finally jumping aboard our ship.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:29 pm

There's just a chance Pep'll take a year's sabbatical but I doubt it. I'm sure the Club like Pellegrini but they are not going to pass up the chance to get Guardiola. It seems like the whole project has been geared up for him to take charge next year. It would be almost unthinkable if he didn't come here now. I hope Vieira comes back in the next year or two to learn the ropes and then takes over when Pep leaves. I think Pellegrini said yesterday that when he left he wanted to manage again rather than retire. He won't be short of offers but Pep will hopefully take us to another level where the likes of Barca start to fear us in the draw rather than the other way round.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Sometimes it's easy to forget how large-scale our owners think. Media in England try to ignore and at times this seeps into fan base. We seem to have obvious succession plan. Guardiola in, Vieira at time in future as assistant manager then stepping up. We aren't looking to scrape into Top Four or have a go in Champions League. We are looking to become biggest club in the world and that is seen to step up with Guardiola. Can't wait for Monday and really hope Pellegrini pulls it together this season as such a classy guy. I expect huge signings this summer and hopefully a cure to our at times slow build up and soft centred midfield. Exiting times ahead
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:12 pm

john@staustell wrote:Surely this was all sorted out last summer including Pellegrinis involvement? The extension was always a front. It's more common in Europe to just move on after a set time.

Maybe Pellegrini doesn't want to move upstairs? Mrs P still lives in Chile so he may want to retire on his millions.

I'm sure Pellegrini has always known he would be here for three years as a 'stop gap', and that the years extension was his loyalty payment. I hope he stays on at the club (or in the City Football Group) in some role because he's a class act.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Well, Yesterday in Bild Zeitung, Pep made front page about wishing his successor good luck, also saying that he really respected the guy, but gave no names.

See for yourselves, in this picture from the front page. For some reason though since yesterday i have been whistling the theme tune from "Bridge over the river Kwai".

Edit : Well private pictures won't upload and i am not going to register with BILD to get it. Anyway the headline was that Doctors confirmed that MR H. really only had one gollock.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:56 pm

zuricity wrote:Well, Yesterday in Bild Zeitung, Pep made front page about wishing his successor good luck, also saying that he really respected the guy, but gave no names.

See for yourselves, in this picture from the front page. For some reason though since yesterday i have been whistling the theme tune from "Bridge over the river Kwai".

Edit : Well private pictures won't upload and i am not going to register with BILD to get it. Anyway the headline was that Doctors confirmed that MR H. really only had one gollock.

PMSL

I am sure the BBC will still find room for speculation that he's set to sign for the filth. Guardiola, not mr. h. He retired a few years ago.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ogunjobiolaitanlukman » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:16 pm

pep will be a good coach in manchester, buh am thinking of yaya now. Pep join yaya out.
ogunjobiolaitanlukman
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: teves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum