Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:40 am

If he had achieved this without Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Yaya, Dzeko, Negredo, Clichy, Fernandinho, Navas, Milner, etc etc and with Ched Evans & Jo or Adebayor upfront, I would suck his fucking dick, nevermind vote 'satisfied' .

I have to say, I'm twitching on the satisfometer at the moment. Definitely it's off the scale just now & the impression I get is that what he is doing is 100% correct, despite my thoughts, & on another level entirely, to anything we have seen before, but I'm having 'too good to be true' problems, so I'm going to hang fire & make a sensible judgement after more potential rough moments/fuck ups to come.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 pm

The acid test will be the next few away games starting with Villa. If we show we can impose ourselves in these matches as we have in the last two then we can start to have real confidence. If I was an opposition team I 'd flood the midfield to try to stop us from bossing the game. It'll be interesting to see how we cope if this happens.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Satisfaction ratings so far have been based on team performance, and that’s obviously correct as it’s the ultimate test of any manager.

I’d be interested to know what people think of Pellegrini’s off the pitch stuff though. It’s equally early days to come to any conclusion on that, but my impression is that he is forging a decent relationship with the press, transmits an air of calm composure and seems to be able to generate an inclusive feeling within the squad. We haven’t seen him under real pressure yet, of course, and these things could evaporate when things get tough, but I have a feeling he will still the same which should help the squad to focus in challenging times.

As with the tactics, we should have a clearer idea at Xmas.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:21 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Cup game wan it.. dunt count.

In reality the team looked better balanced than league games. Oh! hang on only one of Yaya and Ferdi per half.. magic init!

Not changing my vote till the fat lady sings that well known ditti " The midfield is sorted out ".

Still, highly unsatisfied? That's strange mate. Real strange. Surely someone as intelligent as yourself would favour a neutral position until more info came to light.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:20 am

Slim wrote:Still not changing my vote, it's 7 games into a 60 game season, on the fence until at least Christmas.

As I recall, it used to really wind you up when people said this about hughes.

Anyway. Still too early to judge definitively. But so far we have done ok.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:52 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:Still not changing my vote, it's 7 games into a 60 game season, on the fence until at least Christmas.

As I recall, it used to really wind you up when people said this about hughes.

Anyway. Still too early to judge definitively. But so far we have done ok.

Hughes was scum before he signed, when he signed and after he left. I never hid my hated, what annoyed me was that people weren't more pissed off at the whole situation.

Yeah, I hope this week wasn't a once off and we can turn three wins into some momentum starting with Villa on the weekend, and it bothers me that at the end of September we don't have an away win in the league.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:47 am

dazby wrote:

In reality the team looked better balanced than league games. Oh! hang on only one of Yaya and Ferdi per half.. magic init!

Not changing my vote till the fat lady sings that well known ditti " The midfield is sorted out ".

Still, highly unsatisfied? That's strange mate. Real strange. Surely someone as intelligent as yourself would favour a neutral position until more info came to light.

It is not strange dazb; it is based on the well discussed problem of the mids not covering the defence in the first games coupled with not getting stuck into weaker teams. Both those look like they are being dealt with... so if that pans out then there will be no reason, for me anyway, to be dissatisfied. I want to see that Pelligrini has sorted it for sure though.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:48 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
dazby wrote:

It is not strange dazb; it is based on the well discussed problem of the mids not covering the defence in the first games coupled with not getting stuck into weaker teams. Both those look like they are being dealt with... so if that pans out then there will be no reason, for me anyway, to be dissatisfied. I want to see that Pelligrini has sorted it for sure though.

So you are going to remain highly dissatisfied until then?
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:07 pm

I agonized over satisfied and very satisfied.

The performance against the RAGS was so thoroughly comprehensive it swayed me.That performance was different to anything i had seen previously in a Derby,it was like a cat playing with a mouse,i was almost embarrassed for RAG fans by our dominance in every department.It was complete,and i hope defining.

thus far i have forgiven Cardiff and am now very satisfied.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:09 pm

dazby wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
dazby wrote:

until when?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:44 am

brite blu sky wrote:
dazby wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
dazby wrote:

until when?

You tell me. You've written that you'll be highly dissatisfied until the mids not covering the defence has been sorted. 1 goal in the past 4 games? tells me that we have.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby ant london » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:45 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: True dat. This topic is funny by the way. I tried the EXACT same when Hughes was in charge only to be hammered by people who were in love with Hughes. And he was doing way WAY worse than Pellegrini. Clear indication that his rag background meant lot for some people. And certainly not in negative for many.

More "I'm the biggest City fan because I hated Hughes" bollocks from you.

Some cunt growing up in Finland....dislikes United more than those who grew up in Manchester getting shit from primary school up on a daily basis for supporting City and not United.....yeah ok.

"People in love with Hughes"...what a prize arsehole you are
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Socrates » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:49 am

ant london wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: True dat. This topic is funny by the way. I tried the EXACT same when Hughes was in charge only to be hammered by people who were in love with Hughes. And he was doing way WAY worse than Pellegrini. Clear indication that his rag background meant lot for some people. And certainly not in negative for many.

More "I'm the biggest City fan because I hated Hughes" bollocks from you.

Some cunt growing up in Finland....dislikes United more than those who grew up in Manchester getting shit from primary school up on a daily basis for supporting City and not United.....yeah ok.

"People in love with Hughes"...what a prize arsehole you are

Think it depends more on who your personal pet hates were among Un*ted players. Hughes happened to be one of NQDp's big ones, he was also one of mine ranking alongside the likes of Buchan and Whiteside and only marginally behind the all time evil twat K**ne. So, no, I wasn't thrilled at his appointment, was why my sleeping Socrates account was unexpectedly activated and I returned to this board, and I have no idea why some people rated him so highly to this day. Nothing about his record at other clubs, before or after, suggests he is up to such a top job. By the time he left, I have to say, I disliked him a lot less than before he arrived but fact remained it was always going to be too big a step up once the big money and big ideas arrived. To some extent he was unlucky, on the other hand he could have really embraced the change and expanded his management team to cope but he didn't as he wasn't up to doing it.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:56 pm

I did like the pipe story, showed his true colours for me and yet some people were applauding his attention to detail.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Slim wrote:I did like the pipe story, showed his true colours for me and yet some people were applauding his attention to detail.

What pipe story?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:I did like the pipe story, showed his true colours for me and yet some people were applauding his attention to detail.

What pipe story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1206657/Inside-Manchester-City-The-desire-changed-club--got-Champions-League-us.html
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 am

Slim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

What pipe story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1206657/Inside-Manchester-City-The-desire-changed-club--got-Champions-League-us.html

LOL

I had completely forgotten about that. If anything that shows how he worked media and how they eat from his hand. You know, I assume we have some sort of collegue of mine, a real estate manager in the club and under him maintennance manager and crew of people how do these things. In any ordinary organisation the manager would just say to either of managers "oi, you know that pipe sticking out of the wall, could you get one of the boys to sort that out" while passing them in cafeteria or corridor or whatever. And that's that. But with Hughes even something as trivial as that was some fucking media happening. What do you think these people within the club thought about this guy going in public with shit like that?

But it's the same with media and any of these former rags going into management.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:05 pm

dazby wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
dazby wrote:

until when?

You tell me. You've written that you'll be highly dissatisfied until the mids not covering the defence has been sorted. 1 goal in the past 4 games? tells me that we have.

Seems like one of us was jumping the gun.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
dazby wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
dazby wrote:

until when?

Seems like one of us was jumping the gun.

seems like some of us need to wait until we probably won't win the league - which is quite a high aspiration for a city fan.

Before being smug little cunts over a defeat.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
seems like some of us need to wait until we probably won't win the league - which is quite a high aspiration for a city fan.

Before being smug little cunts over a defeat.

There seems to be a few smug cunts whenever we play poorly.

City fans supposedly. Strange
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum