The hughes Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The hughes Thread

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:The point is you said the clueless was the best manager in the world.

no he did not. i am straight up calling you a liar.

what did he really say? if you can find the quote and it says exactly "i think Hughes is the best manager in the world" as you suggest, with no corollaries, i will apologise.

Do I give a fuck.
I know what was said and how it read to ME

i knew you would shitbag out of it. you cannot back up your words, and you have (yet again) shown yourself up grandad.

you are a liar with the spine of a pureed jellyfish and the credibility of an mp's expenses claim.

If your so sure of what he said you find it and prove me wrong.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

John,
I well remember the post you made and the terms in which you made it. I nearly took your advice but failed in the auditions for Widow twanky...:-)
No apology is necessary. but if apologies are being offered, then i too should reciprocate with a genuine SORRY for the part I played in that episode too...Sorry.

This issue has become like picking a pimple that never seems to go away...or starting up a game of Hide...Peep with a 2 year old, on a long haul flight.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
john68 wrote:nurse...nurse...nurse...nurse....nurse

Rag hater hasn't taken his tablets again.

Didn't make me laugh.Try harder.Get back to abusing me please I found that quite entertaining.

But he didnt say that. I remember exactly what he said. He didnt ever say Hughes was the best manager in the world, he said what I quoted on page 5 of the thread, which are two entirely different things. He might have been wrong, he might even have been deluded in your eyes, but stick to what he said rather than making stuff up.

I hope John doesnt mind me mentioning this, but a while ago, I objected to the way he had spoken to people, I think I may even have accused his approach as bullying and belittling - in particularly towards you on a thread - come to think of it, it was highly likely the same thread that all this argument is about now.

I wonder why I fucking bothered, because you really don't help yourself one bit with all this - lets just see how long will the lads put up with it before you're off to bluemong

John, I unreservedly apologise now for attempting to sticking up for RH

What have I made up?
He didn't say clueless was the best manager in the world.
Seems odd your saying that now as you confirmed thats what he said earlier on.
Oh theres the bit where he says for City at this moment.Well as you have already said yourself that is a matter of opinion.
However the fact is that he has said that clueless was the best manager in the world and wheter that was correct or not it was the way he felt about him.
No matter what justifacation he may give for his reasoning the fact of the matter is that he thought clueless was the best manager for us and in the world and stated it
Rag_hater

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
john68 wrote:nurse...nurse...nurse...nurse....nurse

Rag hater hasn't taken his tablets again.

Didn't make me laugh.Try harder.Get back to abusing me please I found that quite entertaining.

But he didnt say that. I remember exactly what he said. He didnt ever say Hughes was the best manager in the world, he said what I quoted on page 5 of the thread, which are two entirely different things. He might have been wrong, he might even have been deluded in your eyes, but stick to what he said rather than making stuff up.

I hope John doesnt mind me mentioning this, but a while ago, I objected to the way he had spoken to people, I think I may even have accused his approach as bullying and belittling - in particularly towards you on a thread - come to think of it, it was highly likely the same thread that all this argument is about now.

I wonder why I fucking bothered, because you really don't help yourself one bit with all this - lets just see how long will the lads put up with it before you're off to bluemong

John, I unreservedly apologise now for attempting to sticking up for RH

What have I made up?
He didn't say clueless was the best manager in the world.
Seems odd your saying that now as you confirmed thats what he said earlier on.
Oh theres the bit where he says for City at this moment.Well as you have already said yourself that is a matter of opinion.
However the fact is that he has said that clueless was the best manager in the world and wheter that was correct or not it was the way he felt about him.
No matter what justifacation he may give for his reasoning the fact of the matter is that he thought clueless was the best manager for us and in the world and stated it

If you only read half sentences, then yes thats what he said.

Does that answer your question?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Rag_hater wrote:if your so sure of what he said you find it and prove me wrong.

you make an accusation about something john said.

people who disagree with said accusation ask you to prove what you allege he said.

you back out, saying "find it yourself".

its a pretty fucking weak standpoint, as i'm sure anyone with a modicum of rational thought would agree.
The Man In Blue

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:35 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:

people who disagree with said accusation ask you to prove what you allege he said.

its a pretty fucking weak standpoint, as i'm sure anyone with a modicum of rational thought would agree.

I went beyond rational years ago.
Go on though I accept I'm a liar.J68 and all the others have replied to my accusations of what I'm saying just to pass the time.
There was fuckall to argue about we all just made it up.
Rag_hater

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I went beyond rational years ago.
Go on though I accept I'm a liar.J68 and all the others have replied to my accusations of what I'm saying just to pass the time.

i'll leave history to judge that response.
The Man In Blue

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:14 am

Rag_hater wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

I went beyond rational years ago.

So you are admitting you are a WUM.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 am

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120999 - West Ham Forum where their Fans seem warmer to Hughes than colder.

I'd just like to confirm that every post I've made on that thread is 100% the opinions of every Manchester City Fan. It's a gift I have.

That OK, Mike?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 am

I can't see Zola surviving even if WH stay up. S&G said they wanted Hughes before they took over and I don't think a foreign manager sits well with them (not enough 'bottle') and more to the point I get the impression that Zola is even less keen on them so a parting of the ways is I think inevitable.

Personally given all the shit that has gone on with WH I think Zola has done okay this season and seem to recall they finished above us last season but Hughes or a Hughes type manager beckons next season methinks.

I smiled at the 'what has Hughes ever done in football management' debate. Brought back some fond memories. Happy days. 6th place finish seemed to be the high point :)

The classic is the Santa Cruz line - bought by Hughes for peanuts and then sold on for a massive profit. Not bad. Until you realise that it was Hughes doing the buying the second time round. For some reason they didn't mention that bit.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:36 am

btajim wrote:http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120999 - West Ham Forum where their Fans seem warmer to Hughes than colder.

I'd just like to confirm that every post I've made on that thread is 100% the opinions of every Manchester City Fan. It's a gift I have.

That OK, Mike?

If I were a city fan under frank, I would be happy with Hughes being in position to do a blackburn-esque job over overachieving with limited resources, battling for an outside chance of top 6. West Ham would be a good club for him, although it remains to be seen whether he would revert to "Blackburn" type when playing with a less flambuoyant attacking squad.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 pm

BobKowalski wrote:I can't see Zola surviving even if WH stay up. S&G said they wanted Hughes before they took over and I don't think a foreign manager sits well with them (not enough 'bottle') and more to the point I get the impression that Zola is even less keen on them so a parting of the ways is I think inevitable.

Personally given all the shit that has gone on with WH I think Zola has done okay this season and seem to recall they finished above us last season but Hughes or a Hughes type manager beckons next season methinks.

I smiled at the 'what has Hughes ever done in football management' debate. Brought back some fond memories. Happy days. 6th place finish seemed to be the high point :)

The classic is the Santa Cruz line - bought by Hughes for peanuts and then sold on for a massive profit. Not bad. Until you realise that it was Hughes doing the buying the second time round. For some reason they didn't mention that bit.

A Foreign Manager doesn't have enough bottle? Try telling that to Fabio Capello. I think Zola and Clarke at West Ham are very much the Good Cop Bad Cop duo. I personally don't think that Zola has done OK. They're his Players and it's his Team - yet they struggle. I understand they were terrible against Bolton on Saturday.

Hughes and his Team will be the perfect solution for West Ham. If it came about then how odd would it be for a former Chelsea Strike Partnership to both have a turn in managing The Hammers? Interestingly, I never saw any "we don't want an Ex-Chelsea" moans from West Ham Fans when Zola was appointed.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

btajim wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:I can't see Zola surviving even if WH stay up. S&G said they wanted Hughes before they took over and I don't think a foreign manager sits well with them (not enough 'bottle') and more to the point I get the impression that Zola is even less keen on them so a parting of the ways is I think inevitable.

A Foreign Manager doesn't have enough bottle? Try telling that to Fabio Capello. I think Zola and Clarke at West Ham are very much the Good Cop Bad Cop duo. I personally don't think that Zola has done OK. They're his Players and it's his Team - yet they struggle. I understand they were terrible against Bolton on Saturday.

Hughes and his Team will be the perfect solution for West Ham. If it came about then how odd would it be for a former Chelsea Strike Partnership to both have a turn in managing The Hammers? Interestingly, I never saw any "we don't want an Ex-Chelsea" moans from West Ham Fans when Zola was appointed.

The 'bottle' reference is not mine. Nor is it one I agree with. It was used prior to the takeover with reference to getting in a manager who know how to scrap their (WHU) way out of trouble. I don't follow WHU enough to know how good or bad a job Zola is doing in reality but against a background of the Icelandic crash and flogging players etc he seemed to be doing a reasonable job.

I can't say I care too much one way or the other to argue about it so I'll accept your analysis :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 pm

After reading he last 2 pages of this thread, and an entire board, I've realised that a lot of these posts are not actually about our club, Hughes, or Mancini, they are about ego's and who was right ir wrong.

If that's the case, none have proved anything so the anymosity will continue. Keep it up boys, it keeps me interested, even on the Pompey days!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 pm

BobKowalski wrote:The 'bottle' reference is not mine. Nor is it one I agree with. It was used prior to the takeover with reference to getting in a manager who know how to scrap their (WHU) way out of trouble. I don't follow WHU enough to know how good or bad a job Zola is doing in reality but against a background of the Icelandic crash and flogging players etc he seemed to be doing a reasonable job.

I can't say I care too much one way or the other to argue about it so I'll accept your analysis :)

Zola is definitely the wrong Manager for West Ham right now. They need someone who makes them difficult to beat and will bring in good players on limited resources. I think Hughes will be their Manager next season.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:28 am

Beefymcfc wrote:After reading he last 2 pages of this thread, and an entire board, I've realised that a lot of these posts are not actually about our club, Hughes, or Mancini, they are about ego's and who was right ir wrong.

If that's the case, none have proved anything so the anymosity will continue. Keep it up boys, it keeps me interested, even on the Pompey days!

To be fair, it has been polluted by one poster
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:After reading he last 2 pages of this thread, and an entire board, I've realised that a lot of these posts are not actually about our club, Hughes, or Mancini, they are about ego's and who was right ir wrong.

Is that you owning upto it?
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:04 am

Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Paranoid? Why ever so I wonder...
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 am

Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I don't know what has happened here. Fair enough RH, you always got up people's nose because of your views about Hughes, but I could often take you at face value because I shared some of your more moderate views. However this last couple of days you seem to have set out to antagonise people intentionally, on a number of different threads which is bang out of order, there is no need for it.

You have posted like a spoilt teenage rather than a grown man over the last few days

I remember some of your extreme posts when you first joined the forum, and you blamed that on your son I think it was sharing your login, so we got raghaterjunior, but he seems to have disappeared - has this happened again recently, or are you just schizophrenic?

Have some respect for the people who also use this board.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:30 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I don't know what has happened here. Fair enough RH, you always got up people's nose because of your views about Hughes, but I could often take you at face value because I shared some of your more moderate views. However this last couple of days you seem to have set out to antagonise people intentionally, on a number of different threads which is bang out of order, there is no need for it.

You have posted like a spoilt teenage rather than a grown man over the last few days

I remember some of your extreme posts when you first joined the forum, and you blamed that on your son I think it was sharing your login, so we got raghaterjunior, but he seems to have disappeared - has this happened again recently, or are you just schizophrenic?

Have some respect for the people who also use this board.

I'm somewhat confused on how to answer that.First of all to me that seems a reasonable response to how I have behaved over the past few days however its me who has been told to go fuck myself been called a cunt a fucktard without me calling anybody else so having respect for the other board members dont you think should be directed at other people aswell.
As I've said before the way I post is something I do not know how to change and is something I think the other board members will have to try and understand.
Any Hughes debate seems to bring out the antagonist in me along with people slagging of Robbie, so, if I use questions or parts of things that people say it is only to stand my ground and I'll argue with someone till the cows come home.
I don't come on here to antagonise anybody.
I come on here to sometimes have a laugh and discuss our team and it seems some of the time that is not the same as most but nontheless it is a point of view.
I find most of the stuff you say agreeable but for me there are gonna be times that I do not and I'm sure that applies to me.
Rag_hater

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum