EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Mike J wrote:
blues2win wrote:Devante Cole slagging off City saying foreign kids favoured in the Academy. Sorry mate you just weren't good enough. Ever heard of Brandon Barker or Humphreys etc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3pr40FxHo

A chip off the old block... a complete cunt.

Funny how he didnt mention west ham had a look at him in the summer and said no. Theres a reason you are playing for Bradford lad.

exactly. cole shoud've just kept his mouth shut as now he'll come across as just a bitter man
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

And it's the foreign players Barker and Roberts on the bench tonight.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:51 am

It's one thing to say he didn't get opportunities another entirely to insulate wece somehow been the reason he's dropped two leagues. If he was good enough for our team no fucking way would he be at Bradford now.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:44 am

I think he's both right and wrong. Of course a player who cost relatively much money to bring in is gonna play, regardless to some extent. If you buy a player like Aleix Garcia and don't give him a lot of chances to fail and grow, what's the point? On the other hand, he's probably incorrect in that this is a foreign bias. The same would apply to him if he had cost as much as Garcia. It's got nothing to do with nationality, it's money.

If anything, I'd guess there's an English bias. The club constantly lets anyone writing about the CFA that we have x percentage of kids from the greater Manchester area for example, and I'd guess that Tricky and Soriano are dying to have a Manchester lad break through. That player would become such a symbol for City it's unbelievable. They also know that national quotas are on the table and are probably working towards being able to meet them.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:57 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Mike J wrote:
blues2win wrote:Devante Cole slagging off City saying foreign kids favoured in the Academy. Sorry mate you just weren't good enough. Ever heard of Brandon Barker or Humphreys etc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3pr40FxHo

A chip off the old block... a complete cunt.

Funny how he didnt mention west ham had a look at him in the summer and said no. Theres a reason you are playing for Bradford lad.

exactly. cole shoud've just kept his mouth shut as now he'll come across as just a bitter man

West Ham and Birmingham told him no this summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:29 am

So many holes in that article it's difficult to know where to begin. Thankfully not all turds float to the top.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Brandon Barker has gone out on loan to Rotherham for about 12 games until 17th Jan initially. Great move for him to get championship football
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Brandon Barker has gone out on loan to Rotherham for about 12 games until 17th Jan initially. Great move for him to get championship football

Are they not bottom of the league and a bit shit? See whether they have the balls to play him. Could go either way to be honest
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Brandon Barker has gone out on loan to Rotherham for about 12 games until 17th Jan initially. Great move for him to get championship football

Are they not bottom of the league and a bit shit? See whether they have the balls to play him. Could go either way to be honest

Neil redfearn likes the youth set up. I know they are bottom but that means the challenge is all the better. If he was at Brighton getting a few minutes here and there it would be rubbish. Plus his first stint away from home too and he isn't far away.
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Neil redfearn likes the youth set up. I know they are bottom but that means the challenge is all the better. If he was at Brighton getting a few minutes here and there it would be rubbish. Plus his first stint away from home too and he isn't far away.

We will have to wait and see but gut feeling is it's a good move for him and Redfearn will use hi. Then it's up to Brandon.

I really hope he isn't phased by it. They are a struggling side and it's hard to see one player like Barker turning their season around but he has real talent, excellent pace, two good feet and good finishing ability so I just hope he stands up and shows them what he is made of.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

We will have to wait and see but gut feeling is it's a good move for him and Redfearn will use hi. Then it's up to Brandon.

I really hope he isn't phased by it. They are a struggling side and it's hard to see one player like Barker turning their season around but he has real talent, excellent pace, two good feet and good finishing ability so I just hope he stands up and shows them what he is made of.

I hope he gets plenty of minutes and perhaps more importantly, a licence to roam a bit and just do his thing. He has talent galore, and you never know, he may just put a spark into them which ignites their season. There's only one way from the bottom and that's up as the old saying goes
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Saw the u18s this morning. 2-2 v Wolves, but should have been 5-0 really. Dunno how we messed that one up...

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... olves.html

Barker's starting today. Dead excited to see how that goes.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:05 pm

twosips wrote:Saw the u18s this morning. 2-2 v Wolves, but should have been 5-0 really. Dunno how we messed that one up...

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... olves.html

Barker's starting today. Dead excited to see how that goes.

Believe he scored a cracker. Hope that settles him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby ant london » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:20 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:[
Believe he scored a cracker. Hope that settles him.

He was MOTM at the ground also apparently
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I hope he gets plenty of minutes and perhaps more importantly, a licence to roam a bit and just do his thing. He has talent galore, and you never know, he may just put a spark into them which ignites their season. There's only one way from the bottom and that's up as the old saying goes

They have scored more goals than any team in the bottom half, it seems that area of the game isn't an issue for Rotherham so this would be a puzzling loan when they are desperate for defensive quality.

I hope he does well, but I would say that a Championship relegation certainty is not the best place for a very talented youngster to be getting his first taste of competetive football.

Edit, I hadn't seen that he'd scored today or their score. Losing 2-5 at home kinda proves my point really
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:57 am

Take a bow Brandon Barker. Well done
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:27 pm

watched 2 interesting games over the weekend. First the 18's against Wolves and for a change the opposition weren't a bunch of man mountains and actually looked like under 18's. We were much the better footballing side and probably should have won by at least 2 and maybe it could have been 4 or 5.

The first goal well taken by Dilrosun who is playing really well at the moment.As is Fernandez who supplied the pass. Two up when Buckley slid in the 2nd after some good wpork by Brahim Diaz set Duhaney free.And then it seemed to go wrong.We had already lost the left back to inury but then took off Buckley and replaced him at centre forward with Diaz.He might be good but at 16 and such a slight build he aint a centre forward.Then we also took off Diallo and although the 2 replacements in Patching and Wood are top quality players they havent played that much lately and the team game seemed to stutter from then on.

Wolves were not great but showed great effort all through and seemed to have got a reward with a penalty but we wnet from bad to worse and they got extra energy.Their equaliser was weird.As the ball came to the middle of the box about 6 or 8 yards out there seemed to be 4 Wolves players and none of ours! Very strange.

The 21's beat Norwich 1 nil on Sunday and it was another where we should have won by more. They rarely threated our goal unless we cocked up which we did a few times and we just couldnt score. Ambrose hit the woodwork twice and it felt like the first team V Villa all over again until we got a free kick on the right edge of the box. Surely Celina can't score yet again but he did and he just makes it look so easy.

Defensively we looked solid apart from the silly mistakes. Adarabyio can look so good and composed but he does do some sloppy things on the ball and from one of those it took a superb last ditch slider from Kean Bryan to save his blushes. Bryan Motm for me but he does need to calm down a little at times or red cards will follow.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:watched 2 interesting games over the weekend. First the 18's against Wolves and for a change the opposition weren't a bunch of man mountains and actually looked like under 18's. We were much the better footballing side and probably should have won by at least 2 and maybe it could have been 4 or 5.

The first goal well taken by Dilrosun who is playing really well at the moment.As is Fernandez who supplied the pass. Two up when Buckley slid in the 2nd after some good wpork by Brahim Diaz set Duhaney free.And then it seemed to go wrong.We had already lost the left back to inury but then took off Buckley and replaced him at centre forward with Diaz.He might be good but at 16 and such a slight build he aint a centre forward.Then we also took off Diallo and although the 2 replacements in Patching and Wood are top quality players they havent played that much lately and the team game seemed to stutter from then on.

Wolves were not great but showed great effort all through and seemed to have got a reward with a penalty but we wnet from bad to worse and they got extra energy.Their equaliser was weird.As the ball came to the middle of the box about 6 or 8 yards out there seemed to be 4 Wolves players and none of ours! Very strange.

The 21's beat Norwich 1 nil on Sunday and it was another where we should have won by more. They rarely threated our goal unless we cocked up which we did a few times and we just couldnt score. Ambrose hit the woodwork twice and it felt like the first team V Villa all over again until we got a free kick on the right edge of the box. Surely he can't score yet again but he did and he just makes it look so easy.

Defensively we looked solid apart from the silly mistakes. Adarabyio can look so good and composed but he does do some sloppy things on the ball and from one of those it took a superb last ditch slider from Kean Bryan to save his blushes. Bryan Motm for me but he does need to calm down a little at times or red cards will follow.

I dont understand why Bryan hasnt got a loan spell, IMO he is ready for a spell in the first team on loan. Agree about the red cards, he does have that side to his game, as does Byrne.
Wonderwall

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Take a bow Brandon Barker. Well done

Brandon Barker, George Evans & Two sips making the headlines this lunch time...........

Both the loan players scoring (videos of both courtesy Two sips)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-10411377?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby C & C » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:06 pm

Kind of quiet on the site, so I went looking for this and found it on page 4! No updates in the last month and nothing on twosips blog

:-(
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum