IS Bobby Mancini THE MAN?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

IS ROBERTO MANCINI THE MAN TO LEAD CITY TO THE TITLE?

YES
50%
NO
20%
NOT SURE
30%

Total votes : 315

Re: IS Bobby Mancini THE MAN?

Postby King Kev » Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Just a quick update as I know how much some of you love this table!

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 03, 2010 6:04 pm

King Kev wrote:Just a quick update as I know how much some of you love this table!

[center]Image[/center]

That's just figures, stats can be manipulated to say anything..................oh, wait!

PS. How good is Mancini?!?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:Yes he is in the MAN, the reason he is?, because before the Arsenal game yesterday I never felt City would lose with Mancini's tactics. I was that confident in Mancini and the boys, in my life time I can NEVER recall being 100% certain that we would come home form the Emirates/Highbury with something. When Hughes was here I always thought there was a big chance we would lose away in any game.

That to me is a sign of real progress, I think the Shiekh and Khaldoon have pulled off a master class bringing this man in, because if we don't finish 4th this year you can bet your blue arse we will next season.

A top manager and we are lucky to have him imo.

Do you feel 100% certain we will beat Villa and Spurs?

Yes
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:Yes he is in the MAN, the reason he is?, because before the Arsenal game yesterday I never felt City would lose with Mancini's tactics. I was that confident in Mancini and the boys, in my life time I can NEVER recall being 100% certain that we would come home form the Emirates/Highbury with something. When Hughes was here I always thought there was a big chance we would lose away in any game.

That to me is a sign of real progress, I think the Shiekh and Khaldoon have pulled off a master class bringing this man in, because if we don't finish 4th this year you can bet your blue arse we will next season.

A top manager and we are lucky to have him imo.

Do you feel 100% certain we will beat Villa and Spurs?

Yes

hahaha
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Piss off .

Mourhino please...no matter what it costs.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby svengali » Wed May 05, 2010 9:02 pm

no.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby david yearsley » Wed May 05, 2010 9:22 pm

It would only be fair to give him another 12 months like Hughes but atm I would plump for showing him the door - I might think differently tomorrow
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 pm

I think we should give him and Hughes another 12 months. Let Mancio sort out the defence in pre-season, square us away with his signings and let Hughes take over when we need the results.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think we should give him and Hughes another 12 months. Let Mancio sort out the defence in pre-season, square us away with his signings and let Hughes take over when we need the results.

We really do need a Job-share between the two off them that's for sure. Mancini can be in charge against all the shite teams and Hughes can be in charge for the top of the table clashes. The league title beckons!
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed May 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Going into a little more detail both Hughes and Mancini can take equal blame this season for missing out on a golden opportunity of getting Champions League Football.

Here's where we lost it according to me...
Hughes
  • Aston Villa - D - creditable
  • Wigan Athletic - D - annoying
  • Fulham - D - terrible defending
  • Birmingham City - D - good penalty save, awful attacking
  • Burnley - D - shocking, shocking defending errors
  • Liverpool D - bottled it when
  • Hull City D - stupid Bullard.

Mancini
  • Liverpool D - couldn't score
  • Everton L - can't score
  • United L - won't score
  • Arsenal D - failed to have a shot on target
  • Spurs L - bottled it and couldn't score

Fuck; just realised that shitty HULL CITY took 4 points off us this season. That's a joke; could of done with those 6 points.

Mancini isn't the man to get us to the top of the table and win trophies as he can't score against the top teams (9 man Chelsea aside).
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Going into a little more detail both Hughes and Mancini can take equal blame this season for missing out on a golden opportunity of getting Champions League Football.

Hughes

Mancini
  • U***d L - won't score

Fuck; just realised that shitty HULL CITY took 4 points off us this season. That's a joke; could of done with those 6 points.

Mancini isn't the man to get us to the top of the table and win trophies as he can't score against the top teams (9 man Chelsea aside).

Weren''t we winning that before it was 9 men? The truth is, compared to most, we've had a great season and it's only now that the real recriminations can start. From your calculations we lost 12 points with Hughes (in 7) and 13 against Mancio (in 5) yet Mancio's were against the top clubs, not half arsed teams!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed May 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Going into a little more detail both Hughes and Mancini can take equal blame this season for missing out on a golden opportunity of getting Champions League Football.

Hughes

Mancini
  • U***d L - won't score

Weren''t we winning that before it was 9 men? The truth is, compared to most, we've had a great season and it's only now that the real recriminations can start. From your calculations we lost 12 points with Hughes (in 7) and 13 against Mancio (in 5) yet Mancio's were against the top clubs, not half arsed teams!

It's harder to get it right against the top clubs though...
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 am

This was our most important game in yonks, yet we didn't create a single chance. At home. The fact our best player was Sunderland's 3rd choice goalie says enough. Don't know what the answer is, but it's not Mancini cos I am convinced we wouldn't have been worse off at this moment in time with the welsh rag cunt Hughes in charge. Tonights performance was a fuclin farce, thanks a lot you bunch of pricks
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 am

Thoughts now on Mancini as the season comes to an end.
1) He should stay and be given the chance to bring his own players , to play to his preferred style with players he chooses and who suit that style.

2) Do I think he is the man? The answer still has to be don't know. I am still totally unsure but as I said let's have some stability and give him the next season to find out. I am still searching for real signs that he is the man but just cannot find them.As I said in a previous thread I can see that he has improved the organisation of the defence.Partly that's down to the zonal approach ( which I don't like)at set pieces and partly to a more cautious overall approach but at the same time I do think it's been at a cost as the overall team and specifically attacking play has suffered. And please don't answer that by pointing out some of the attacking play against Chelsea ( 2nd half) , Burnley , Brum. We have some great attacking players and when we get ahead and the opposition get it wrong we can rip through them but when the oppos get it right we really struggle. ( Stoke x3 , Everton x2, scum,Lpool, Arse,Spurs,Hull.Sunderland 1st half)

3) I remain to be convinced that his " style" will work here or that he has the man management or motivational skills required. The key points ,which those who believe Mancini IS the man hang their hat on, are his record in Italy and that this isn't his team.I can accept that to a point and that's why I think he needs to be given more time.His transfer policy ( ins and outs) this summer will be fascinating.

4) Tactically I believe the jury is out. Occasional things have suggested he is ok but some also say the opposite and particularly recent substitutions have been questionable.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluez » Thu May 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Thoughts now on Mancini as the season comes to an end.
1) He should stay and be given the chance to bring his own players , to play to his preferred style with players he chooses and who suit that style.

2) Do I think he is the man? The answer still has to be don't know. I am still totally unsure but as I said let's have some stability and give him the next season to find out. I am still searching for real signs that he is the man but just cannot find them.As I said in a previous thread I can see that he has improved the organisation of the defence.Partly that's down to the zonal approach ( which I don't like)at set pieces and partly to a more cautious overall approach but at the same time I do think it's been at a cost as the overall team and specifically attacking play has suffered. And please don't answer that by pointing out some of the attacking play against Chelsea ( 2nd half) , Burnley , Brum. We have some great attacking players and when we get ahead and the opposition get it wrong we can rip through them but when the oppos get it right we really struggle. ( Stoke x3 , Everton x2, scum,Lpool, Arse,Spurs,Hull.Sunderland 1st half)

3) I remain to be convinced that his " style" will work here or that he has the man management or motivational skills required. The key points ,which those who believe Mancini IS the man hang their hat on, are his record in Italy and that this isn't his team.I can accept that to a point and that's why I think he needs to be given more time.His transfer policy ( ins and outs) this summer will be fascinating.

4) Tactically I believe the jury is out. Occasional things have suggested he is ok but some also say the opposite and particularly recent substitutions have been questionable.

saved me a lot of typing, excellent post-
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby Bluez » Thu May 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:This was our most important game in yonks, yet we didn't create a single chance. At home. The fact our best player was Sunderland's 3rd choice goalie says enough. Don't know what the answer is, but it's not Mancini cos I am convinced we wouldn't have been worse off at this moment in time with the welsh rag cunt Hughes in charge. Tonights performance was a fuclin farce, thanks a lot you bunch of pricks

I didn't think we were that bad, Gomes pulled off a couple of really good saves, if any of those had gone in things could have been very different
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu May 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Bluez wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:This was our most important game in yonks, yet we didn't create a single chance. At home. The fact our best player was Sunderland's 3rd choice goalie says enough. Don't know what the answer is, but it's not Mancini cos I am convinced we wouldn't have been worse off at this moment in time with the welsh rag cunt Hughes in charge. Tonights performance was a fuclin farce, thanks a lot you bunch of pricks

I didn't think we were that bad, Gomes pulled off a couple of really good saves, if any of those had gone in things could have been very different

I can remember one great save by Gomes. And that was cos Bale decided to have a pop at his own goal using his cock
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Bluez wrote:

I can remember one great save by Gomes. And that was cos Bale decided to have a pop at his own goal using his cock

Gomez saved a Johnson shot that Toure moved to let pass. The thing is, I felt at the time had it brushed off Toure's chest, it would've been enough to send it past Gomez.

Oh well.
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Thu May 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Thoughts now on Mancini as the season comes to an end.

You are one of the best placed to assess Mancini's methods etc.. and i agree with your assessment here. However the one thing we consistently ignore in these discussions is the fact that he only had half the season to do his work. The team had flaws when he arrived and were lacking at least a forward mid of real quality. PV was almost an emergency signing where Mancini could be confident of getting something like what it says on the tin and someone he could trust as having worked with him already. That as we knew was a gamble and it did help in the end but not to the extent it needed to. PV admits this.
We cannot judge a manager's potential on half a season in a league he had no experience of managing in. I think he has done a decent job of making the team more solid i think that is self evident. The games we have lost recently i am still putting down to a little bit of lack of experience and cohesion in the players and manager.

Given the basics of what every manager needs.. a pre season and some key players of his choice i am sure we will see this team improve more and yes we will not be battling for 4th.. we will be up there battling it out for the top 3 spots.

Not being in quite so intense spotlight of the CL but the Europa will suit us well as a platform to learn at a pace that is our own yet still galvanise the team and squad. Mancini will stay and we will improve and overall after what i have seen he can yet be the man yes.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 06, 2010 4:30 pm

I said sack him if we can get Mourhino and if not then stick with him.

Im not over the moon he,s staying as I havent liked his methods over the 5 months he,s been here, but the reality is he is staying so Ill support him until he has his own signings in the team and then we will see what this guy can really do.

The Europa league??? it,s a nothing comp until you get to the quarter finals so us being in that doesnt make me feel any better...actually its detremental to us having a pop at the prem title...........

Anyway, as Ive said Ill support him...for now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum