Stadium Expansion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stadium Expansion

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Who's the coolest dude in the hospital....
The Ultrasound guy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:13 am

I see the Fail has just run a positive story on this, even if it was lifted from MEN. That's 2 recent positive stories - either a change in the wind or desperate for clicks this time of year.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:43 am

The stand looks superb on this picture and it makes you see how little the two tiers actually were.

I do feel sorry for the new front row crowd though even though their tickets are cheap as the sight lines to the pitch look a bit dodgy and thats without advertising boards i can only imagine at a later date that pitch will be dropped a touch.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:26 am

MEN has a drone aerial Cam and a gallery of lots of pics on this link

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... um-9521294
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:21 am

lets all have a disco wrote:The stand looks superb on this picture and it makes you see how little the two tiers actually were.

I do feel sorry for the new front row crowd though even though their tickets are cheap as the sight lines to the pitch look a bit dodgy and thats without advertising boards i can only imagine at a later date that pitch will be dropped a touch.

People ont net always say we can't do this, but I bet we can.

They have the opportunity to check out the view from the OS though & make a decision, so it's not as if they are going into it without knowing. I imagine the sight lines on the first rows at the swamp, where the Chinorwegish folk sit, are similar, as they did the same years ago.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:The stand looks superb on this picture and it makes you see how little the two tiers actually were.

People ont net always say we can't do this, but I bet we can.

They have the opportunity to check out the view from the OS though & make a decision, so it's not as if they are going into it without knowing. I imagine the sight lines on the first rows at the swamp, where the Chinorwegish folk sit, are similar, as they did the same years ago.

I sat in the front row of the family stand for one game and you couldn't judge distance at the far end of the pitch at all. You were basically guessing how close to the goal we were getting, by the reaction of the crowd. It wasn't great at all, so I can imagine three rows in front, even lower, would be crap.
Mind you, that one game was the 3-2 against QPR, so I wasn't complaining about the view of the Dzeko and Aguero goals, second half.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 am

I have sat in Row A only once, it was east stand block 107, tried something different for a cup game. It pissed it down, I was soaked and luckily my old mate KK text me to say the seat next to him was free. Thank god for that, shocking seats but at least I was able to get my point across to the players for all of 10 minutes :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:47 pm

I was on the front row at Anfield once & couldn't see fuck all because of stewards half the time. Noticed they actually lie down now during the game; that could be because they are lazy scouse cunts though tbf.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:38 am

Just seen a tweet from Gary James saying the new roof has been designed to reflect sound back in rather than allowing them to escape. So when they going to replace the rest of the roof then?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Herb » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:58 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Just seen a tweet from Gary James saying the new roof has been designed to reflect sound back in rather than allowing them to escape. So when they going to replace the rest of the roof then?

North roof when the family stand is expanded then CB roof and west roof when they're expanded so as to tie them into the North roof and South roof to sweeten the corners. Stating the obvious really.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:16 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Just seen a tweet from Gary James saying the new roof has been designed to reflect sound back in rather than allowing them to escape. So when they going to replace the rest of the roof then?

any mention of rockwool?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

any mention of rockwool?

It's pure coincidence that the sound absorbing panels have been removed, when the roof is designed to reflect sound.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:44 am

Will it have a four second echo? Brilliant

Will it have a four second echo? Brilliant
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:51 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

any mention of rockwool?

That used to be on Oxford Road, didn't it? I think it's closed down now. I remember once queuing to get in their and a friend of mine (who had gone on ahead) suddenly came tumbling past us down the stairs (apparently the doormen hadn't taken to his particular brand of humour). Happy days....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:51 am

Herb wrote:

North roof when the family stand is expanded then CB roof and west roof when they're expanded so as to tie them into the North roof and South roof to sweeten the corners. Stating the obvious really.

I imagine there may possibly be other factors to consider re the rest of the ground, including the angle of the sun & also whether they want to use the place for concerts in the future. If the whole ground has a reflective roof, it could possibly be a fucking nightmare for sound.

It could also possibly cause more sound to escape out to residential areas if every stand was built like that. The new stand on it's own is supposed to be fine regarding that, but it could possibly be that the positioning & possible damping of the other roof areas in the other stands is helping achieve the required rating.

I fear the rest of the new roof design may be more similar to the old one. Hope I'm wrong.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:54 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

any mention of rockwool?

That used to be on Oxford Road, didn't it? I think it's closed down now. I remember once queuing to get in their and a friend of mine (who had gone on ahead) suddenly came tumbling past us down the stairs (apparently the doormen hadn't taken to his particular brand of humour). Happy days....

Best doormen in Manchester.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

any mention of rockwool?

It's now a Tesco, but what isn't?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gary james » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:10 pm

I don't know if anyone saw the pics I posted last Wednesday on my facebook of the stand and the view from the stand - https://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4/pho ... e_internal cheers
Latest book "Manchester The City Years" - the full story of the Blues from the 1860s through to QPR 2012

Find out more about my writing/books: http://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4
Twitter: @GaryJamesWriter
gary james
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:39 pm

gary james wrote:I don't know if anyone saw the pics I posted last Wednesday on my facebook of the stand and the view from the stand - https://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4/pho ... e_internal cheers

The old roof tension cables from the back rows look a touch annoying.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:06 pm

My lad took this pic on the way to greece last week. Shows the Etihad Campus

Wonderwall