Bellamy to consider retirement?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy to consider retirement?

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Spot on Johnpb78, agree 100%.

Goodness me so do I. I am a fan of Bellers but his increasing paranoia is starting to get to me. His overall game, which lets face it is based on power and speed rather than finesse, is what Bobby will be looking at. So many of our original squad have brilliant moments, and not so brilliant moments. Percentage-wise, we need players to be 99% positive contributions, at least. Not giving the ball away.

I honestly think Mancini was telling the truth in USA when he said he didn't know, because it depends how many extra players we can get in.

That situation still stands, it is an unknown. But FFS Craig shut up.

But even if we get extra players in, it still means we have a decision to make between Bellamy & others, as to who goes. Those others were imo, mostly worse than Bellamy for the whole of last season & have been during pre season. Seeing as we have cover in every area, why shouldn't they go before Bellamy?

Because it may be a false argument that its a choice between Bellamy and another player be it Vieira or whoever. Mancini may simply not wish to have Bellamy in the squad or around the place this season irrespective of what players we get in or don't get in. We may not agree with the decision but Mancini will want a squad trained and assembled the way he wants it and that alone may preclude Bellamy from any further involvement with City. I do think we are getting hung up on the 25 roster as if it is solely about choosing one player over another. We are in fact only 6 players over the limit and the departure of players like Ned, Logan Etuhu etc means there is room for Bellamy and Vieira if Mancini wants him in the 25. What we have to acknowledge is that Mancini may not want Bellers in the 25 at any price.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby citytilidie » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 pm

we could be the first club to actually sell/get rid of bellamy and then actually cheer him on his return!!
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:26 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The comment that always gets me about Bellamy is "faded in the 2nd half of the season" Is that phrase an anti Bellamy person used and now all sorts throw it out when they want to have a dig.I suppose if he wasn't perfect though he must have faded. Although he was pretty good against Chelsea away and maybe Fulham away and maybe Birmingham at home and maybe..... ah never mind.

agreed dont get that argument at all. someone above also pointed out the games he disappeared in.. and i had to laugh, they were the games the whole team disappeared in.. including Tevez.

BBS - Talk about making the facts fit your opinion, for fuck sake, he played shit, regardless of how many others played shit in other games - but the others arent whinging to the press about seeming to want an automatic right to a squad place.

I would 100% love Bellamy to have a place in the 25 as I think he would do some good work as an occasional starter but that is not the point I am making - the simple point is that his form does not warrant him automatically having a right to a place in the 25, and he is not indispensable as some on here would like to think.

Doug - it has got nothing to do with "anti-Bellamy people", as I think you will find that if you took a straw poll of city fans, regardless of this latest outburst, he is one of the most popular players at the club despite peoples pre-conceived ideas when he signed. Its just some of us were very very disappointed with his input at the end of last year, I don't think that's a crime, and I certainly don't see any evidence of a so called "Anti-Bellamy" camp as you put it (even though I must be a member as I dared to suggest he was less than perfect)

Why does everything have to be drawn into factions?

it isnt being drawn into factions.. there is a dispute over Bellemy's performances over the 2nd half, which you look like you are using to say he isnt an automatic 25. Others are pointing out that same criteria would omit a lot of others too form automatic inclusion. Most of us want Bellers in the 25, some look at the whole 25 possibles and are starting to wonder what criteria are being used exactly. Bottom line is that it is Bobby's choice and he will stand or fall by those choices. We are all supposing various things as the logic we are not really getting are we?

my main criticism if there is one is that the Club have not handled this whole situation very well. Or at least let me qualify that by saying that i dont really care for the way that players are left in limbo while we see if we can bring in replacements for them. even if this is a ploy to smoke out those who cant handle it.. imo it is not on.
Seems to me the personality of this new regime is coming out slowly but surely.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Goodness me so do I. I am a fan of Bellers but his increasing paranoia is starting to get to me. His overall game, which lets face it is based on power and speed rather than finesse, is what Bobby will be looking at. So many of our original squad have brilliant moments, and not so brilliant moments. Percentage-wise, we need players to be 99% positive contributions, at least. Not giving the ball away.

I honestly think Mancini was telling the truth in USA when he said he didn't know, because it depends how many extra players we can get in.

But even if we get extra players in, it still means we have a decision to make between Bellamy & others, as to who goes. Those others were imo, mostly worse than Bellamy for the whole of last season & have been during pre season. Seeing as we have cover in every area, why shouldn't they go before Bellamy?

Because it may be a false argument that its a choice between Bellamy and another player be it Vieira or whoever. Mancini may simply not wish to have Bellamy in the squad or around the place this season irrespective of what players we get in or don't get in. We may not agree with the decision but Mancini will want a squad trained and assembled the way he wants it and that alone may preclude Bellamy from any further involvement with City. I do think we are getting hung up on the 25 roster as if it is solely about choosing one player over another. We are in fact only 6 players over the limit and the departure of players like Ned, Logan Etuhu etc means there is room for Bellamy and Vieira if Mancini wants him in the 25. What we have to acknowledge is that Mancini may not want Bellers in the 25 at any price.

If that was the case then surely we would at least help Bellers get a decent deal to a decent club in a reasonable amount of time before the season starts ? or am i being too nice?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The comment that always gets me about Bellamy is "faded in the 2nd half of the season" Is that phrase an anti Bellamy person used and now all sorts throw it out when they want to have a dig.I suppose if he wasn't perfect though he must have faded. Although he was pretty good against Chelsea away and maybe Fulham away and maybe Birmingham at home and maybe..... ah never mind.

agreed dont get that argument at all. someone above also pointed out the games he disappeared in.. and i had to laugh, they were the games the whole team disappeared in.. including Tevez.

BBS - Talk about making the facts fit your opinion, for fuck sake, he played shit, regardless of how many others played shit in other games - but the others arent whinging to the press about seeming to want an automatic right to a squad place.

I would 100% love Bellamy to have a place in the 25 as I think he would do some good work as an occasional starter but that is not the point I am making - the simple point is that his form does not warrant him automatically having a right to a place in the 25, and he is not indispensable as some on here would like to think.

Doug - it has got nothing to do with "anti-Bellamy people", as I think you will find that if you took a straw poll of city fans, regardless of this latest outburst, he is one of the most popular players at the club despite peoples pre-conceived ideas when he signed. Its just some of us were very very disappointed with his input at the end of last year, I don't think that's a crime, and I certainly don't see any evidence of a so called "Anti-Bellamy" camp as you put it (even though I must be a member as I dared to suggest he was less than perfect)

Why does everything have to be drawn into factions?

it isnt being drawn into factions.. there is a dispute over Bellemy's performances over the 2nd half, which you look like you are using to say he isnt an automatic 25. Others are pointing out that same criteria would omit a lot of others too form automatic inclusion. Most of us want Bellers in the 25, some look at the whole 25 possibles and are starting to wonder what criteria are being used exactly. Bottom line is that it is Bobby's choice and he will stand or fall by those choices. We are all supposing various things as the logic we are not really getting are we?

my main criticism if there is one is that the Club have not handled this whole situation very well. Or at least let me qualify that by saying that i dont really care for the way that players are left in limbo while we see if we can bring in replacements for them. even if this is a ploy to smoke out those who cant handle it.. imo it is not on.
Seems to me the personality of this new regime is coming out slowly but surely.

But the reality is very few players are left in limbo bar the usual suspects namely Jo, Big Phil, Etuhu etc. Every one else is going to be pretty confident of making the 25 because once you eliminate the usual suspects the 25 picks itself. The only high profile ones are Robbie - and who knows how that is going to work out and seemingly Bellamy who presumably has sussed out/been told/whatever that he will not make the 25. The idea that their are groups of stressed players anxiously waiting their fate is I think a massive overreaction.
BobKowalski

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:44 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

If that was the case then surely we would at least help Bellers get a decent deal to a decent club in a reasonable amount of time before the season starts ? or am i being too nice?

I hear Wolfsburg is a very nice place this time of year.

It may also depend on how many friends Bellamy has in high places. Equally I could be wrong in my analysis who knows but I do think there is room for Bellamy in the 25 if Mancini really wants him. As I said earlier we are not far off getting to the 25 even with someone like Paddy making the cut.
BobKowalski

Postby nick (duki blues) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:23 pm

I havent seen this posted anywhere but it dont look good for bellamy as he has not been included in the 23 man squad for the europa league game next week yet robinho has.
complete joke if you ask me
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... y-outburst
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby nick (duki blues) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:23 pm

I havent seen this posted anywhere but it dont look good for bellamy as he has not been included in the 23 man squad for the europa league game next week yet robinho has.
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby maf » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:24 am

Bellamy is porbably going to become a victim of his own frankness , whenever he does a media interview he just cant seem to help himself , its often refreshing in a world of bland cliche spouting footballers but in this case has done him no favours at all . If he wanted to engineer a move a word with his agent would have the same effect as publically declaring himself unwanted and unloved by city in the papers .
Last summer we were desperate for good players to come and join us , and generally seen as a soft touch by the media , fit only for mercenaries , trouble makers or misfits . This summer weve signed some genuine top talent with no baggage attached , and sadly it looks like Bellamy may be the first casualty in Citys reinvention as no longer being a soft touch . Personally I'll be sad to see him go because I think he can add pace and fight to the squad .
maf
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:15 am

maf wrote:Bellamy is porbably going to become a victim of his own frankness , whenever he does a media interview he just cant seem to help himself , its often refreshing in a world of bland cliche spouting footballers but in this case has done him no favours at all . If he wanted to engineer a move a word with his agent would have the same effect as publically declaring himself unwanted and unloved by city in the papers .
Last summer we were desperate for good players to come and join us , and generally seen as a soft touch by the media , fit only for mercenaries , trouble makers or misfits . This summer weve signed some genuine top talent with no baggage attached , and sadly it looks like Bellamy may be the first casualty in Citys reinvention as no longer being a soft touch . Personally I'll be sad to see him go because I think he can add pace and fight to the squad .

'Victim of his own frankness'? This is starting to do my nut in now. Some people are making him sound like Nelson fucking Mandela. We are talking about a bloke who sent text messages to his teammates while on loan hoping they'd get kicked out of cup. Do you really think he is some saint like figure who has now agenda of his own who is treated poorly?

This is professional fucking football. Stakes are high. They get paid ridiculous amounts of money to deal with the uncertainties like this. Go look at off topic where normal people like Gillie ponder their future facing sack. They don't have ten million pounds to fall back to. Yet they take things as they are.

I'm starting to get really annoyed about this.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 am

nick (duki blues) wrote:I havent seen this posted anywhere but it dont look good for bellamy as he has not been included in the 23 man squad for the europa league game next week yet robinho has.

I don't know what others think?...Personally I don't think too much should be read into this.

We know he can't play two games in 3 or 4 days, and that we have enough players to cover positions if required. He played last night for Wales and could well play at the weekend against Spurs, therefore would we expect him to play in Romania?.....No

If he is only picked for the prem games, whilst playing the odd domestic cup game if required, I think he will fully understand.

In addition to this, there are two uefa spots available isn't there?...plus when announced last night, I don't think David Silva is in the UEFA squad is he?? So choices are still to be made.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby shawzy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:03 am

Manchester City attacker Craig Bellamy faces a major fine for his outburst this week.

The Daily Mail says Bellamy will be hit with a heavy fine by Manchester City and has almost certainly played his last game for the club after being dropped from the Europa League squad.

Bellamy this week claimed manager Roberto Mancini was trying to force him out of Eastlands and threatened to quit football if he was left out of the club’s 25-man Premier League squad for the season.

Fuming City are ready to fine the Wales forward the maximum two weeks’ wages - £160,000 in Bellamy’s case.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:22 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
maf wrote:Bellamy is porbably going to become a victim of his own frankness , whenever he does a media interview he just cant seem to help himself , its often refreshing in a world of bland cliche spouting footballers but in this case has done him no favours at all . If he wanted to engineer a move a word with his agent would have the same effect as publically declaring himself unwanted and unloved by city in the papers .

'Victim of his own frankness'? This is starting to do my nut in now. Some people are making him sound like Nelson fucking Mandela. We are talking about a bloke who sent text messages to his teammates while on loan hoping they'd get kicked out of cup. Do you really think he is some saint like figure who has now agenda of his own who is treated poorly?

This is professional fucking football. Stakes are high. They get paid ridiculous amounts of money to deal with the uncertainties like this. Go look at off topic where normal people like Gillie ponder their future facing sack. They don't have ten million pounds to fall back to. Yet they take things as they are.

I'm starting to get really annoyed about this.

I find it more annoying that he's been put in this position in the 1st place. There was no need for it. He could just play for City for a season or 2 then retire. Everyone would have been happy, but for some reason we can't manage to get through a season without creating problems for ourselves.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 am

nick (duki blues) wrote:I havent seen this posted anywhere but it dont look good for bellamy as he has not been included in the 23 man squad for the europa league game next week yet robinho has.

The Europa squad thread is a good place to look.

I reckon Bobby didn't want some poor bugger sitting next to the moaning bugger all the way to Romania! Truly bad for squad spirit.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Craig B » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:37 am

Not sure whether it's been mentioned or not - but the Beeb are reporting that Celtic Manager Neil Lennon has confirmed that he's approached us about a loan deal for Bellamy.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39 am

Craig B wrote:Not sure whether it's been mentioned or not - but the Beeb are reporting that Celtic Manager Neil Lennon has confirmed that he's approached us about a loan deal for Bellamy.

Ideal. Loan fee for Celtic £500,000. Loan fee for Spuds £8M
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Kladze » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39 am

Lennon's just been on SSN saying he's in talks with City over Bellamy
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:43 am

Kladze wrote:Lennon's just been on SSN saying he's in talks with City over Bellamy

Breaking news on ssn that is. If we are going to let bellamy go then might as well let him go permanently. Next season he will be turning 32 and the problems he has had with his knees and so on, i cant see him lasting a few more seasons! We should keep him though!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:44 am

Kladze wrote:Lennon's just been on SSN saying he's in talks with City over Bellamy

Probably the best outcome would be a move there. The fans love him, he enjoyed it there & we don't have to play against him (unless he knocks us out of the UEFA).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:06 am

If I was happy for Bellers to go anywhere it would be the hoops ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum