which 7 wont go to the World cup?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: which 7 wont go to the World cup?

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Crossie wrote:Bias, but AJ should in there instead of SWP, however we have 3 City players going to a world cup, when did that last happen?

Just a shame there no one there who could spring a suprise, we know that squad inside out.

+ RSC and Weiss. That makes it six!

Think he means for England.

Hart
Barry
swp
robinho
tevez
weiss
rsc
nige

is that everyone going then?

Toure
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: which 7 wont go to the World cup?

Postby Dronny » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:I really thought that AJ will make it but can understand why he did not. Some of Capello's other choices are rather strange to say the least (Carrick over Parker, Upson).
However I don’t understand how some here can begrudge SWP being picked. I predicted that he will be yesterday based on his experience and his overall performance for England and the goals he has scored. He narrowly missed out in 2006 and I’m very glad that he made it this time which was his last chance. I predict that he will make us Mancity fans proud with his performance in South Africa.

i hope you are right about SWP, but as a City fan you've seen Jinky giving us boners for the last 6 months while SWP has had his tiny little ass glued to the subs bench, right?

just checking.

cheers

I don't disagree with you on AJ mate and I would have loved to see him in the squad along with SWP. But my point was that I am happy for Shaunie to have been picked.
Off topic and you should know, what ever happend to Boy Wonder Freddy Adu. He was supposed to be the next big thing in World Football before anybody had heard of Messi and others. What happened to this kid.

Freddy Adu is a total joke. i think he's about 30 years old too. Typical.

cheers

p.s. here's a nice article to satiate your curiousity...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

Thanks Doomy. Very good (and satiating) pictures, but apparently there was an article about some forgotten American footballer which I didn't see?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum