Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:29 pm

I would agree Villa are out of it based on where they sit at the moment plus they are in poor form plus they sound tired every time I hear either the manager or a player talk.

Spurs are in pole position as they have the points on the board and for me it just depends on how they perform in their big 3 consecutive matches. Definitely don't rule Liverpool out.They could win all their games even though I doubt they will.

As for City I feared the games we had at home against Everton,Brum,Scum,Villa and Spurs. Playing well we can win those games but playing like we did against Everton and it's goodnight. All of those teams will probably play a strong game against us so anything but our best just won't be good enough. 3 points v Wigan will get us buzzing again though plus a win at Burnley and we will still have a great chance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I would agree Villa are out of it based on where they sit at the moment plus they are in poor form plus they sound tired every time I hear either the manager or a player talk.

Spurs are in pole position as they have the points on the board and for me it just depends on how they perform in their big 3 consecutive matches. Definitely don't rule Liverpool out.They could win all their games even though I doubt they will.

As for City I feared the games we had at home against Everton,Brum,Scum,Villa and Spurs. Playing well we can win those games but playing like we did against Everton and it's goodnight. All of those teams will probably play a strong game against us so anything but our best just won't be good enough. 3 points v Wigan will get us buzzing again though plus a win at Burnley and we will still have a great chance.

I honestly think we need to win the next 3 to put some pressure on them. I think that'd push us just ahead going into the Derby, which could go any way.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I would agree Villa are out of it based on where they sit at the moment plus they are in poor form plus they sound tired every time I hear either the manager or a player talk.

I honestly think we need to win the next 3 to put some pressure on them. I think that'd push us just ahead going into the Derby, which could go any way.

Agree with you there Beefy, we need to be going into the Derby with points in the bag so we can really go at united. Not play cautiously. The derby could be the game that stops united winning the league and I'd like City to have the points in the bag , going into that game.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:21 pm

We can speculate 'til the fucking cows come home.

Bottom line is we need to show balls that were NOT seen at the Everton game for ALL our remaining matches.

Fuck what other teams do, it's down to City.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby gillie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:39 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:We can speculate 'til the fucking cows come home.

Bottom line is we need to show balls that were NOT seen at the Everton game for ALL our remaining matches.

Fuck what other teams do, it's down to City.

I know what you mean i stated in another thread that its time to put up or shut the fuck up.I have just worked out the average points needed for fourth based on the last four seasons and it works out to 70.75 or in other words 71pts so we could still lose 2 and still get fourth providing the Spuds lose their 3 hard games.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:25 am

gillie wrote:I have just worked out the average points needed for fourth based on the last four seasons and it works out to 70.75 or in other words 71pts so we could still lose 2 and still get fourth providing the Spuds lose their 3 hard games.

May I ask what the fuck does that mean?
How does last/previous' seasons results correlate with this season?

PS. Dear lord how pissed I am rihgt now.
oh deard.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
gillie wrote:I have just worked out the average points needed for fourth based on the last four seasons and it works out to 70.75 or in other words 71pts so we could still lose 2 and still get fourth providing the Spuds lose their 3 hard games.

May I ask what the fuck does that mean?
How does last/previous' seasons results correlate with this season?

PS. Dear lord how pissed I am rihgt now.
oh deard.

LOL :)

I haven't worked out any average points but it's obvious it should be ours if Spurs lose their 3 top games AND at City! They are no Everton, up and at 'em, kick everything.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:16 am

i wrote a long post in the thank Everton thread, so there is no point repeating it all.
However if anything i am getting more and more confident that City are in a really good position and 'fitness' for this run-in.

By fitness i mean things like the new found siege mentality of the whole club post Everton.. the fact that Ade is now returning, which adds so much to our threat because of the type of player he is.. but also that he personally will more than likely be on fire and unstoppable.. ( he has a season to fit into 8 games ). We have slowly progressed under Bob and are looking like we are going to put the pieces together more than ever... that and the increased probability that Mancini has learnt enough now to know he has to set us up to attack. We still have the midfield balance to sort and i think that Ade helps us in that respect.. in fact i would go as far as to say that he is the one player that helps bring the best out of SI.

The concern of course is us being able to hold that team together without further major injuries for the rest of the season.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby dazby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Don't rule out Everton guys. They are still in this.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:21 pm

dazby wrote:Don't rule out Everton guys. They are still in this.

Leave the wacky backy alone.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby btajim » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Everton are the form side Post-Christmas. But I think there's too few Games to allow them a chance of 4th.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:41 pm

btajim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Everton are the form side Post-Christmas. But I think there's too few Games to allow them a chance of 4th.

Everton have done a lot better, but I wouldn't say they are the form team. If you go off the last 6, Spurs are well ahead only losing 1 game. In fact, if we win tomorrow we will have picked up the same points as Everton, eleven, with Liverpool only on 10 (if/when they beat Sunderland).

I think the media hype around some teams distorts the realities sometimes, and this is a case in point.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 am

Nine points from the next three games and I fancy us. Anything less than seven and we're out of it. Come on City - tonight's now an even bigger night than last Wednesday was. Don't fuck it up again!

Wigan (h)
Burnley (a)
Birmingham (h)

Nine points would put us on 60 from 33, see off Liverpool and put the pressure on Spurs for when they come to our place.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am

Another massive game for us tonight.

Btw - I am sick of playing bloody catch up all the time with our games being after Spurs have played. It would be great to get points on the board early and put the pressure on them a bit more. If we can win tonight and next Sat evening, then hopefully we can start doing that if some of their bigger games are to be televised.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bluez » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 am

I have finally done that BBC predictor thingy and its very very tight. Pretty much us as Spurs are always on the same number of points and 4th will be decided in our game. A draw and Spurs are in 4th on goal difference, we win and we are in 4th.

I think that one game will decide the season.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am

Bluez wrote:I have finally done that BBC predictor thingy and its very very tight. Pretty much us as Spurs are always on the same number of points and 4th will be decided in our game. A draw and Spurs are in 4th on goal difference, we win and we are in 4th.

it is fairly safe to say that it is going to be a significant game.. possibly HUGE ( as in the opportunity for City or Spurs to break into CL football since the Toffees last did it ).

However it may not come to that and personally i think it will not be clearer until Spurs have played their run against the top3. If they lose all 3 or only manage a point, the whole scenario may be very very different.

One thing that a lot of us are not flagging up very much is the fact that we are in this position at all and how great it is to be there fighting for a chance to play the likes of Bayern.. Madrid.. Inter etc next season
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby btajim » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Everton have done a lot better, but I wouldn't say they are the form team. If you go off the last 6, Spurs are well ahead only losing 1 game. In fact, if we win tomorrow we will have picked up the same points as Everton, eleven, with Liverpool only on 10 (if/when they beat Sunderland).

I think the media hype around some teams distorts the realities sometimes, and this is a case in point.

Statistically, I think Everton are the form Team. Or one of the highest in terms of points earned in 2010.

I'm sure they won't be complaining about matching City in terms of recent points earned. We're a top side!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Bluez » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:23 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Bluez wrote:I have finally done that BBC predictor thingy and its very very tight. Pretty much us as Spurs are always on the same number of points and 4th will be decided in our game. A draw and Spurs are in 4th on goal difference, we win and we are in 4th.

it is fairly safe to say that it is going to be a significant game.. possibly HUGE ( as in the opportunity for City or Spurs to break into CL football since the Toffees last did it ).

However it may not come to that and personally i think it will not be clearer until Spurs have played their run against the top3. If they lose all 3 or only manage a point, the whole scenario may be very very different.

That is mentioned a lot, but we are points behind and we also have to play 3 of the top 4. Our run in is not too much different to theirs.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Bluez wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

That is mentioned a lot, but we are points behind and we also have to play 3 of the top 4. Our run in is not too much different to theirs.

ha ha.. nice one. they wont be top 4 by the time we play them mate..

anyways, i can only write the reasons why i remain confident as i see it.. little details or whatever i see. Im confident. If you are not so confident then thats fine. If we fail tonight against Wigan then my confidence will start to slip for sure.. so lets see
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Bluez wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

True, but look at the comparative records against top 4 teams.
http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/ ... atType=AG4
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum