Isco

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Isco

Postby Socrates » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:26 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
same as the Hazard story then it sounds like.

However, we still paid the most agent fees in the league last season, didn't we?

I *get* not wanting to be taken as mugs, BUT if you are going to top the agent fee tables, and yr the sheik, then get yr balls out and get the fucking players.

If it's true...i am annoyed somewhat given the contradiction that those facts seemingly represent.

A team with Hazard and Isco and Jesus? Jesus.

Know what i mean?

cheers

It is very difficult to demand the Sheikh spends even more money on the club without sounding like a spoiled petulant child, as you just very ably demonstrated...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:47 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:It's reported that his father got £10m from Madrid as his agent which we declined to pay.

same as the Hazard story then it sounds like.

However, we still paid the most agent fees in the league last season, didn't we?

I *get* not wanting to be taken as mugs, BUT if you are going to top the agent fee tables, and yr the sheik, then get yr balls out and get the fucking players.

If it's true...i am annoyed somewhat given the contradiction that those facts seemingly represent.

A team with Hazard and Isco and Jesus? Jesus.

Know what i mean?

cheers

Hazard, Isco, Silva and Navas providing the creative element. That's the kind of strength and depth needed at the position if we are to challenge for Cl and league title at the same time. But if we now sign someone equivalent of Scott Sinclair instead we are only adding numbers not quality.

When they see something they need to go and get it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Risby » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:03 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Hazard, Isco, Silva and Navas providing the creative element. That's the kind of strength and depth needed at the position if we are to challenge for Cl and league title at the same time. But if we now sign someone equivalent of Scott Sinclair instead we are only adding numbers not quality.

The problem is, Isco seemed to be our top target for that position, like Cavani for the striker role.

Which players are equivalent to these two that are realistically available?
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 am

Slim wrote:If we get Reus, I think we'll be wondering why we have 1100+ posts on Isco.

Spot on.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sidSmith » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:30 am

Slim wrote:If we get Reus, I think we'll be wondering why we have 1100+ posts on Isco.

Absolutely. I think whoever we get will make Isco all a distant memory. Different to Hazzard as he didn't sign for anybody in this country.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Socrates wrote:
It is very difficult to demand the Sheikh spends even more money on the club without sounding like a spoiled petulant child, as you just very ably demonstrated...

Fucking. Woooosh.

You don't get it. For all your bluster you're a village tit.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Fucking. Woooosh.

Mmmm.

Looks as though you might have touched a nerve there Socs old chum.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mmmm.

Looks can be deceiving apparently. What the fuck do you have to say to that Mr Fucking Funnypants?
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Fucking. Woooosh.

Mmmm.

Too right, he has previous for this Mikhail. Never considers FFP, or the possibility that the Sheikh has a budgeted amount he wants to put in the club. Wonder if he can manage two consecutive posts without using misogynistic language at some point today? My money is on no.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Fucking. Woooosh.

Spend more, spend more, tits, pussy, fanny, get your dick out, spend more. What's not to get? Shall I wait here while you go get the rest of your idiot mates and form a posse?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Socrates wrote:
Spend more, spend more, tits, pussy, fanny, get your dick out, spend more. What's not to get? Shall I wait here while you go get the rest of your idiot mates and form a posse?

Dickcheese. Do the maths. Pay the agent bungs and have Hazard and Isco or buy Javi Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair etc. I know which I'd prefer.

No brainer.

Btw where's the misogyny? I can actually hold a conversation with a smart, talented, strong, beautiful woman. You probably shart yourself at the daydream while having a wank to Roddy Fucking Frame.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dickcheese. Do the maths. Pay the agent bungs and have Hazard and Isco or buy Javi Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair etc. I know which I'd prefer.

No brainer.

Btw where's the misogyny? I can actually hold a conversation with a smart, talented, strong, beautiful woman. You probably shart yourself at the daydream while having a wank to Roddy Fucking Frame.

Cheers

Well at least, if nothing else you got an S on the end of maths, good work Socc's ;-)
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:

No brainer.

Cheers

I demand you put a space in it. You space-ist.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:43 am

Risby wrote:

The problem is, Isco seemed to be our top target for that position, like Cavani for the striker role.

That was the point I was trying to make. There are few dozen, under 50 anyway, players who would improve us at all. When suitable playeris available we need to bag them. TThat's the job of the Spaniards.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:58 am

Risby wrote:

That was the point I was trying to make. There are few dozen, under 50 anyway, players who would improve us at all. When suitable playeris available we need to bag them. TThat's the job of the Spaniards.

We agree. I have no Mancinilicker agenda, but i just feel that after spending a cool billion on this project, what the fuck is 10-15M if it's the right story? I just feel like we're getting silly with the few players that are out there perhaps, and luckily we did some early stuff this summer so that it doesn't end up like last season in terms of quality, but it's not petulant to hope they act like one of the biggest clubs in the world if we want to be one. Chelski and Madrid had no issues paying the agent fee for the right players it seems. Again, both scenarios are conjecture, but it would tend to make a lot of sense given our early leads for both players, then letting other clubs in when the sitch got greedy.

anyway....yawn. Onwards and upwards.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Risby wrote:

We agree. I have no Mancinilicker agenda, but i just feel that after spending a cool billion on this project, what the fuck is 10-15M if it's the right story? I just feel like we're getting silly with the few players that are out there perhaps, and luckily we did some early stuff this summer so that it doesn't end up like last season in terms of quality, but it's not petulant to hope they act like one of the biggest clubs in the world if we want to be one. Chelski and Madrid had no issues paying the agent fee for the right players it seems. Again, both scenarios are conjecture, but it would tend to make a lot of sense given our early leads for both players, then letting other clubs in when the sitch got greedy.

My post had nothing to do with Mancini.

If you see some key player available you shouldn't be worrying whether we have enough money left for 10m reserve leftback. Just go for it. In fact, if we are looking to save money we need to stop buying truckload of these 10 to 20 million back up players every summer and instead go for one or two starters.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:19 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Risby wrote:

My post had nothing to do with Mancini.

If you see some key player available you shouldn't be worrying whether we have enough money left for 10m reserve leftback. Just go for it. In fact, if we are looking to save money we need to stop buying truckload of these 10 to 20 million back up players every summer and instead go for one or two starters.

yeah...i only mentioned the Mancini bit cuz someone would eventually....cough cough cough CARL

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:23 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mmmm.

Looks can be deceiving apparently. What the fuck do you have to say to that Mr Fucking Funnypants?[/quote

I would say that, to me, it seems you've been drinking too much vinegar, given the chronic cyber-halitosis that you perpetually spit out at all and sundry.

Have a nice day.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mmmm.

Looks can be deceiving apparently. What the fuck do you have to say to that Mr Fucking Funnypants?[/quote

I would say that, to me, it seems you've been drinking too much vinegar, given the chronic cyber-halitosis that you perpetually spit out at all and sundry.

Have a nice day.

i'll be having a fantastic day. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope you do the same.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:07 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

No brainer.

Cheers

Well at least, if nothing else you got an S on the end of maths, good work Socc's ;-)

Thank you, it is a major achievement for sure.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum