Ban on wearing England shirts during WC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ban on wearing England shirts during WC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Theres enough evidence in this thread FROM CERTAIN POSTERS WITH FIRST HAND EXPERIENCIES to suppport the notion that the police are sticking their noses in yet STILL there are people on here that refuse to believe it.

pmsl.

THE POLICE (GMP) HAVE NOT BE ADVISED TO DO THIS....FACT

IT HAS BEEN ADVISED IN THE CROYDON AREA.

MEGA FUCKING FACT.

Although I agree overreaction.......

I bloody knew it Carl, all this talk of your jet set lifestyle, sexy women in nightclubs, fish tanks full of piharanes-sp, stunning wife and living on a beach when the truth of the matter is you live in Croydon....

Ha ha ..only just seen this......you got me !!

P.S I arrived in Mexico 3 days ago....what a fucking great place..got tickets to the Chivas V Manure match end of July as well.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby btajim » Sat May 22, 2010 10:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:IT HAS BEEN ADVISED IN THE CROYDON AREA.

MEGA FUCKING FACT.

How does someone who lives in South America truly know what's going on in Croydon? Do you know what a Croydon facelift is?

There was probably a dozen Chavs kicking bins over and swigging Stella in the High Street around Croydon after England last failed in a Tournament - but to pin it all on Replica Shirts is ridiculous. Thugs don't wear colours.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 22, 2010 10:54 pm

btajim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:IT HAS BEEN ADVISED IN THE CROYDON AREA.

MEGA FUCKING FACT.

How does someone who lives in South America truly know what's going on in Croydon? Do you know what a Croydon facelift is?

There was probably a dozen Chavs kicking bins over and swigging Stella in the High Street around Croydon after England last failed in a Tournament - but to pin it all on Replica Shirts is ridiculous. Thugs don't wear colours.

Granted, You dont truly know jack shit unless you actually live and experience it there for yourself........we are all guilty of quoting a so called reliable source as fact......whos right and whos wrong will always be up for debate.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun May 23, 2010 7:01 am

Well I'm not wearing the red England shirt i bought on holiday a few years ago, for a laugh. It's got Rooneys name on it , was 'dirt' cheap and he still had not signed for the filth.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Theres enough evidence in this thread FROM CERTAIN POSTERS WITH FIRST HAND EXPERIENCIES to suppport the notion that the police are sticking their noses in yet STILL there are people on here that refuse to believe it.

pmsl.

THE POLICE (GMP) HAVE NOT BE ADVISED TO DO THIS....FACT

IT HAS BEEN ADVISED IN THE CROYDON AREA.

MEGA FUCKING FACT.

I bloody knew it Carl, all this talk of your jet set lifestyle, sexy women in nightclubs, fish tanks full of piharanes-sp, stunning wife and living on a beach when the truth of the matter is you live in Croydon....

Ha ha ..only just seen this......you got me !!

P.S I arrived in Mexico 3 days ago....what a fucking great place..got tickets to the Chivas V Manure match end of July as well.

FFS.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Scoey » Mon May 24, 2010 7:34 am

Not about shirts, but in the same vein.

A street near me put George Cross bunting up across 2-4 houses on Friday. By last night a PCSO had been around and told them it was discrimatory as it was JUST the George Cross.

Now i don't know if they've been told to take it down or just been "advised" but the fact that there has been a visit in the first place is ridiculous.
Scoey
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby dario2739 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 am

Fuck me - this country's getting worse... we are the only country in the world that makes being proud and patriotic something to be ashamed of!
Can you imagine an American being told to take his flag down? Or anyone else from around the world, regardless of nationality...

On a similar theme a couple of nights back I watched the Cleveland Show... the little kid in it was disgusted to find out what the U.S. Confederate flag stood for... a flag that truly sybolises racial oppression if you think about it.
Now if I was to fly those from my car I guarantee you that nobody would say a word about it, yet I run the risk of being asked to take down my own national flag, in my own fucking country... sorry but i'll go to court first!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Slim » Mon May 24, 2010 7:58 am

While this has gone on for many many pages, I haven't read all of it but has anyone mentioned the fact that maybe the ban is in place to protect English supporters from local resentment?

I have a mate from South Africa and when he drove anywhere, he had a .44 revolver sitting on his lap, these people are just a bit crazy and I am not sure that was a cultural thing to do with him being black, honestly never asked, but there is every chance that someone seeing a crowd of people wearing the St George's cross could take a potshot just for shits and giggles.

Like I said, the shit he says makes me think the whole country is fucking bonkers.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dario2739 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:10 am

Slim wrote:While this has gone on for many many pages, I haven't read all of it but has anyone mentioned the fact that maybe the ban is in place to protect English supporters from local resentment?

I have a mate from South Africa and when he drove anywhere, he had a .44 revolver sitting on his lap, these people are just a bit crazy and I am not sure that was a cultural thing to do with him being black, honestly never asked, but there is every chance that someone seeing a crowd of people wearing the St George's cross could take a potshot just for shits and giggles.

Like I said, the shit he says makes me think the whole country is fucking bonkers.

That would be fine if it were just in South Africa, but this is happening in England too mate - pubs have been told they can't put up just the Cross of St. George for fear of upsetting other nationalities, so boozer's now have to string up flags of all the world cup nations! I'm sorry but what sort of country are we living in that won't allow the proud flying of it's own flag?
There was a good point on radio a while back... go to a public building (town hall etc.) in Scotland, Ireland or Wales and they will all be proudly flying their flags... then go to one in England..!
dario2739

Postby Slim » Mon May 24, 2010 8:12 am

dario2739 wrote:
Slim wrote:While this has gone on for many many pages, I haven't read all of it but has anyone mentioned the fact that maybe the ban is in place to protect English supporters from local resentment?

That would be fine if it were just in South Africa, but this is happening in England too mate - pubs have been told they can't put up just the Cross of St. George for fear of upsetting other nationalities, so boozer's now have to string up flags of all the world cup nations! I'm sorry but what sort of country are we living in that won't allow the proud flying of it's own flag?
There was a good point on radio a while back... go to a public building (town hall etc.) in Scotland, Ireland or Wales and they will all be proudly flying their flags... then go to one in England..!

I should tell you that the Union Flag(only called a Union Jack when flown at sea apparently) is flown proudly alongside the Australian and state flags at our State Parliament building. My dad being the patriot he is even went in, got them to take it down, turn it the right way up and put it back up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby crossan » Mon May 24, 2010 1:47 pm

This is England for crying out loud,any 'foreigners' who are offended by we English wearing our national teams shirts should catch the first available transport to their homeland..and do one.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon May 24, 2010 2:17 pm

crossan wrote:This is England for crying out loud,any 'foreigners' who are offended by we English wearing our national teams shirts should catch the first available transport to their homeland..and do one.

Where were you born?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby dario2739 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:25 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
crossan wrote:This is England for crying out loud,any 'foreigners' who are offended by we English wearing our national teams shirts should catch the first available transport to their homeland..and do one.

Where were you born?

Crossan is right in my opinion - for example if I was in France, and somebody had the French national shirt on it wouldn't offend me, nor would seeing their national flag flown... and I certainly wouldn't think I had the right to demand it taken down!
dario2739

Postby Chinners » Mon May 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Funny how some people can get offended by the wearing national flag/colours but don't get offended by national benefits, communities, support centres etc etc
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby dario2739 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:35 pm

To me it's not a case of offending anyone - it's very, very straightforward - this is England, the English flag should be flown proudly. It's not racist or offensive - it's a flag, like the stars and stripes, the tricolour of france, etc. etc. and shows you are proud of your nation.
I have no problem with foreign nationals living here displaying their flags.
dario2739

Postby simon12 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:52 pm

The problem is caused by PC fucktards who try and tell us how non nationals feel...without asking them. These are the people who should be hoisted up a flagpole. I will be flying and wearing what I like end of.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm

I'd like to hear from just one person who supports this notion.

Who created it?

Anyone with a brain knows it is ridiculous. I also concur with jim, the thugs don't usually wear colours.

If it was a ban on goin around with ur hood up, walkin like uve shit urself an sayin eyar mate lend us 20p then it would make sense.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 24, 2010 2:56 pm

dario2739 wrote:To me it's not a case of offending anyone - it's very, very straightforward - this is England, the English flag should be flown proudly. It's not racist or offensive - it's a flag, like the stars and stripes, the tricolour of france, etc. etc. and shows you are proud of your nation.
I have no problem with foreign nationals living here displaying their flags.

THIS.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Mon May 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Somebody who lives near me has just been told by the Police to take there flags down from there house as they are offending local foreigners who live on her street she told the Police no. They told her she could be taken to court (allegedly) in which she replied to take her to court as she doesn't care and then she went out and bought more flags and stuck them up...

This is not a lie this happened round the corner from me.. I stuck up a load of England flags I honestly can't believe what's going on right now.. My street is full of houses with flags up and luckily no foreigners living on this street.. Though this is going too far.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Bonkers stuff, right, i'm going to put up my 15ft City/st.Georges flag tonight ... bring it on PC Coppers!!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum