18 departures so far

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

18 departures so far

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 am

So while the media continues to bang on about

'City have too many players'
'How many new signings can they fit in?'
'City will have to get rid of x midfielders'

we have quietly moved on - albeit mostly on loan initially - 17 players if you include Caicedo and Weiss, which seem to be completing right now.

No chance of any articles about a reduction in numbers but great increase in quality I suppose? No, thought not!

Stephen Ireland Undisclosed Aston Villa
Craig Bellamy On Loan Cardiff City
Nedum Onuoha On Loan Sunderland
Kieran Trippier On Loan Barnsley
Andrew Tutte On Loan Rochdale
Ryan McGivern On Loan Walsall
Adam Clayton On Loan Leeds United
Javier Garrido Undisclosed Lazio
Benjani Released
Sylvinho Released
Gunnar Nielsen On Loan Tranmere Rovers
David Ball On Loan Swindon Town
Valeri Bojinov Undisclosed Parma
Martin Petrov Free Transfer Bolton Wanderers
Paul Marshall Free Transfer Walsall
Vlad Weiss On Loan Rangers tbc
Felipe Caicedo On Loan West Ham tbc

EDIT - Robbie Mak added
Last edited by john@staustell on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: 17 departures so far

Postby King Kev » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 am

It's definately a point worth making.

We have fewer players this season than we had last but the 'experts' in the media still keep banging on about our massive squad.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 am

King Kev wrote:It's definately a point worth making.

We have fewer players this season than we had last but the 'experts' in the media still keep banging on about our massive squad.

Yep. 50 players I heard we had yesterday leaving the impression we need to get rid of 25 in the next two weeks. Still why let the facts get in the way of a good story.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby irblinx » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:13 am

Jeff Stelling did some pretty amazing maths on Soccer Saturday last week where us doing a swap deal for Milner added 1 to the number of players in our squad (making 38 according to them IIRC), with that kind of genius on the case it's hardly surprising the press in general seem incapable of hitting the subtract key on their calculators
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Crossie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 am

I hope the players who are going out are having all their wages paid by the loaning club. I know Bellers isnt. But we are fucking mugs if we let a club off 25% or even 50% and we carry on paying the rest. Richest club in the world or not, we still need to act smart.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:26 am

irblinx wrote:Jeff Stelling did some pretty amazing maths on Soccer Saturday last week where us doing a swap deal for Milner added 1 to the number of players in our squad (making 38 according to them IIRC), with that kind of genius on the case it's hardly surprising the press in general seem incapable of hitting the subtract key on their calculators

I have always found Stelling pretty anti-City. Others dont agree as he's a good old chap, amusing etc. But he definitely has it in for us. After Sven signed all those players he tipped us for relegation, much to the amusement of the other panelists 2 months later.

As it turns out, if the season had gone on another 4 weeks he would've been spot on!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:
irblinx wrote:Jeff Stelling did some pretty amazing maths on Soccer Saturday last week where us doing a swap deal for Milner added 1 to the number of players in our squad (making 38 according to them IIRC), with that kind of genius on the case it's hardly surprising the press in general seem incapable of hitting the subtract key on their calculators

I have always found Stelling pretty anti-City. Others dont agree as he's a good old chap, amusing etc. But he definitely has it in for us. After Sven signed all those players he tipped us for relegation, much to the amusement of the other panelists 2 months later.

As it turns out, if the season had gone on another 4 weeks he would've been spot on!!

What the hell?????

We finished 9th with 55 points? 20 points above relegation zone. That would've been one hell of a 4 weeks if we ended up getting relegated.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

What the hell?????

We finished 9th with 55 points? 20 points above relegation zone. That would've been one hell of a 4 weeks if we ended up getting relegated.

come on, if anyone could have managed that we could.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Craig B » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:33 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Are you sure it was Stelling who tipped us for the drop? I seem to remember it being Merson. Didn't think Stelling really did much in the way of 'tipping' anyhow.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Grob » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Robbie Mak to Nurenburg
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 pm

On 1/9/10 the media will be well and truly gutted when we have the same 25 man squad as every other side in the league.Should put that well highlighted issue to bed once and for all.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:22 am

Grob wrote:Robbie Mak to Nurenburg

was just about to write that one myself then, so thats 18 :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:02 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Grob wrote:Robbie Mak to Nurenburg

was just about to write that one myself then, so thats 18 :-)

Yes I spotted that one yesterday. Got my original list off Sky Sports website, which is pretty accurate, but for some reason they forgot this one.

SSN is not accurate, but DO include Robbie Mak on their list.

Best alter the thread title!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Murph » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 am

Is it pure ignorance? coz it would only take 10 mins to check the facts.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:02 am

Murph wrote:

but it only takes a millisecond for a non-bitter / non-agenda reporting cunt to realise that one player in, one player out leaves the squad with the same number as they started with
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Murph » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Murph wrote:

but it only takes a millisecond for a non-bitter / non-agenda reporting cunt to realise that one player in, one player out leaves the squad with the same number as they started with

Well that's what I'm alluding to, surely they must know the facts, but for whatever reason they have chosen to scaremonger instead.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:26 am

Murph wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Murph wrote:

Well that's what I'm alluding to, surely they must know the facts, but for whatever reason they have chosen to scaremonger instead.

According to the O/S we have 34 players listed as in the senior squad.

That is before the imminent departures of Robbie & Given, and of those who remain 8 academy graduates will realistically play little or no part in the Premier League, and being U21 I believe they don't count anyway, and Johnson probably won't be seen before xmas.

There is our 25 man squad sorted, which will be down to 23 when Given & Robbie go, potentially with RSC to go too, taking us down to 22 senior professionals.

Spurs for that matter have 29 senior professionals in the squad
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players ... files.html

Yet according to Harry the wrinkly faced cunt, we are going to have a problem keeping our players happy? I don't think so. I just think that there is a perception that we have all these players kicking around Carrington trying to get in the first team, because they are forgetting that we are in the process of shipping out the first wave of Hughes' signings and the remnants of Sven's.

Like you say Murph, it only took me a few minutes to check these facts and there really is no excuse for misreporting of this.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:31 am

Murph wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Murph wrote:

The way it works is; some City hating twat such as Merson, Parry (or Platt) makes a sweping statement off the top of his head, the rest peddle it as fact without bothering to find out any details. It eventally gets forgotten or disproved. Time passes. They repeat it as if it had actually happened & use it as evidence to back up another pile of garbage smeone else has invented, and so on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Murph wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Murph wrote:

The way it works is; some City hating twat such as Merson, Parry (or Platt) makes a sweping statement off the top of his head, the rest peddle it as fact without bothering to find out any details. It eventally gets forgotten or disproved. Time passes. They repeat it as if it had actually happened & use it as evidence to back up another pile of garbage smeone else has invented, and so on.

bit off topic but as a passing point if you read any match reports from last nights game, there is so much anti-city bullshit. Ok respect for Mario but talk about twisting what happened to make a cheap shot at City, the players or Mancini.
It is only going to get worse methinks.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: 18 departures so far

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm

There are still a couple of idiots on this site who think that talk of papers being anti City is a load of bolloks........Some journalists and some pundits continue to be ANTI CITY..........anyone who says different are fucking just as idiotic as the culprits that make this shit up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum