Our Favourite players are leaving!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Our Favourite players are leaving!

Postby lythamblue » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Although it sometimes pains me to see the likes of Ireland, Neddy and most certainly Bellamy being frozen out and moved on, and also the likes of Micah, SWP and Vladi looking like it is difficult for them to even get a game ..... I am actually getting quite ambivolant towards it.

Originally, I thought we could be making some big mistakes, but what I keep reminding myself is .... WE NEVER ACTUALLY WON ANYTHING WHIST THEY WERE HERE! Maybe, we are too sentimental about them and they are not as good as we thought they were?

Yep, Mancini is probably right ..... they have all had their chances to bring us success .... time for a shake up now methinks.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Our Favourite players are leaving!

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Most of my favourite players or ones I rated as the best, have been suddenly dumped out of the club when, imo playing perfectly well, in all the years I've been watching City. Very few have left when imo they had nothing to offer. Bell & Lake notwithstanding.

Lee, Marsh, Tueart, Barnes, Owen, Kidd, Francis, Stuart, Moulden, Bishop, Kinkladze, Quinn, Berkovic, Goater, Anelka, SWP, (Robinho), Bellamy.....

At least Bellamy's only my 2nd favourite player but perhaps we'll flirt Tevez next season..

In the past we've mostly been weaker afterwards & fucked up but hopefully that will change this time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lythamblue » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Most of my favourite players or ones I rated as the best, have been suddenly dumped out of the club when, imo playing perfectly well, in all the years I've been watching City. Very few have left when imo they had nothing to offer. Bell & Lake notwithstanding.

Lee, Marsh, Tueart, Barnes, Owen, Kidd, Francis, Stuart, Moulden, Bishop, Kinkladze, Quinn, Berkovic, Goater, Anelka, SWP, (Robinho), Bellamy.....

At least Bellamy's only my 2nd favourite player but perhaps we'll flirt Tevez next season..

In the past we've mostly been weaker afterwards & fucked up but hopefully that will change this time.

Ted , are you suggesting that our inherrant ability to self destruct ..... is still alive and well and has actually now impregnated the body of Bobby Manc too?
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_R » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:59 pm

This proves what we already know. When we were signing or using these players we knew they were top 6 material but not top 4.. at the time we were asking 'are they the WORLD CLASS players we want' and the answer was no. Now the look at the players we are bringing in. We need to accept that we are moving onwards and upwards and we cant carry no passengers.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Most of my favourite players or ones I rated as the best, have been suddenly dumped out of the club when, imo playing perfectly well, in all the years I've been watching City. Very few have left when imo they had nothing to offer. Bell & Lake notwithstanding.

Ted , are you suggesting that our inherrant ability to self destruct ..... is still alive and well and has actually now impregnated the body of Bobby Manc too?

I'm saying that without the huge funds available we would undobtably have fucked up again but luckily we're loaded so the sheer stupidity currently being exhibited won't cost us as much. In the thread on Mancini's 25 you can see how people are now happy to rate RSC, Jo & Vieira as more useful than Bellamy & Ireland, whereas they were slaughtering those same players just a few days ago. Bizzarre.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 pm

I have to admit that I hate the thought of the academy lads not being good enough. I think Ireland can be twice the player milner will ever be, I also think that ned can be englands number 1 choice as centre back if he sorts his injuries out.

The whole change of manchester city fc will sit a little uncomfortable with me for a while, whilst I get used to the new city.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dikdik » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:37 pm

After 38 years of shattered dreams I can confidentally predict that City will self destruct this time like they did on all the other times before. (apart from 76)
I am too old to become an optimist.
Thank you and good night.

Bah humbug!
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby dazby » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 pm

It's very sad. I had hoped we could keep our core and surround it with talent. Our core is getting smaller and smaller.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 pm

dikdik wrote:After 38 years of shattered dreams I can confidentally predict that City will self destruct this time like they did on all the other times before. (apart from 76)

Bah humbug!

spoken like a true blue, lets enjoy our dual heart attacks in may 2011
Wonderwall

Postby Burt » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I have to admit that I hate the thought of the academy lads not being good enough. I think Ireland can be twice the player milner will ever be, I also think that ned can be englands number 1 choice as centre back if he sorts his injuries out.

The whole change of manchester city fc will sit a little uncomfortable with me for a while, whilst I get used to the new city.

I like Superman but I can't see how he's twice the player Milner is. As for Ned being England's number 1 well as much as I also like him, I think that's really being Blue blinkered mate. Wake up and smell the coffee. If we are to get amongst the big boys then we have to face reallity.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
dikdik wrote:After 38 years of shattered dreams I can confidentally predict that City will self destruct this time like they did on all the other times before. (apart from 76)

Bah humbug!

i thought it was just me who thought like that!!
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Burt wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I have to admit that I hate the thought of the academy lads not being good enough. I think Ireland can be twice the player milner will ever be, I also think that ned can be englands number 1 choice as centre back if he sorts his injuries out.

I like Superman but I can't see how he's twice the player Milner is. As for Ned being England's number 1 well as much as I also like him, I think that's really being Blue blinkered mate. Wake up and smell the coffee. If we are to get amongst the big boys then we have to face reallity.

ned is quality when he gets an injury free run, he has proved it and shown us how good he can be. However, I reckon the lad is injury prone and its such a shame.

Irelan has brilliance than I have not seen in milner, howeve, I am willing to be proved wrong and as long as they wear the shirt...........
Wonderwall

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:15 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Burt wrote:

ned is quality when he gets an injury free run, he has proved it and shown us how good he can be. However, I reckon the lad is injury prone and its such a shame.

Irelan has brilliance than I have not seen in milner, howeve, I am willing to be proved wrong and as long as they wear the shirt...........

I agree with Burt .......Ned cannot pass the ball for shit..One of the worst Ive seen for City -IMO he will never be an England great or even a regular.
He's city through and through..but he is at that age whereby I think he would have to do a huge turn around in his form and his injury proneness to sway me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:17 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Burt wrote:

I agree with Burt .......Ned cannot pass the ball for shit..One of the worst Ive seen for City -IMO he will never be an England great or even a regular.
He's city through and through..but he is at that age whereby I think he would have to do a huge turn around in his form and his injury proneness to sway me.

Spot on Carl!
the_georgian_genius

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:30 am

At least WW is talking about in Ned in a relevant topic.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Colin the King » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:49 am

It's quite likely that tomorrow's starting XI won't have a single homegrown player in it. Maybe it's a pragmatic choice and the best one for us to succeed, but I still find it a bit upsetting. Am with Bob on this one, it's great that we're moving forward and have a team full of stars but it'll take a while to get used to the new City.
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john68 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:28 am

This is Manchester City in name but not as we used to know and love. This is another being altogether.

We used to be a football club that had a business side and the money we made was to fund the football we played.
Now...we are a business that because of our massive capital oputlay, plays football in order to make money.

We used to be supporters of our club.
Now we are customers of their club.

We supported a football club.
Now we buy the product.

Before you jump all over me, I am making no moral judgement on this but we have to be aware that changes have taken place and we have to choose to buy into it or opt out. Before we make that choice, we have to understand that the "old order" won us nothing for too many years, whilst the "new order" promises World domination. The old way allowed us to be sentimental over "Favourite" players who weren't quite good enough, whilst the new has less room for sentiment but players who should deliver silverware.

Please remember...that the end of one era...is the rebirth of another.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Kladze » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:33 am

When push comes to shove, we are fans of the laundry.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Bah humbug!

Yeah in Dublin's Fair City !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:47 am

The king is dead, long live the king...
ENIAM NAM