Proper Football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Proper Football

Postby King Kev » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:43 pm

I have to say that this is the worst World Cup I have ever seen, for many reasons! The ball's shit, the weather's shit, the vuvuzelas are shit, the coverage is shit and on the whole, the football is shit. I'm sick of it already!

Does anybody want to talk about real football? What should we be aiming for this season? Top 4? A Trophy?

I really think we can finish 3rd or 4th this season and get to a cup final, I will be happy with that!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Proper Football

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:46 pm

An opening fixture statement of intent, we need to break the Spurs hoodoo.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:48 pm

King Kev wrote:I have to say that this is the worst World Cup I have ever seen, for many reasons! The ball's shit, the weather's shit, the vuvuzelas are shit, the coverage is shit and on the whole, the football is shit. I'm sick of it already!

Does anybody want to talk about real football? What should we be aiming for this season? Top 4? A Trophy?

I really think we can finish 3rd or 4th this season and get to a cup final, I will be happy with that!

Thank god somebody else thinks the same as me, it has been a shit world cup theres no buzz around it atall.

I think with the signing that we could get i think we should be aiming to go for the title.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Thank god somebody else thinks the same as me, it has been a shit world cup theres no buzz around it atall.

I think with the signing that we could get i think we should be aiming to go for the title.

That made think of vuvuzelas and chuckle to myself
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby ruralblue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Have to say watching that dire performance, that while I did hurt a little I did think how much that watching City play such crap on the odd occasion hurts me more.

Yeah PROPER FOOTBALL... whats that again??

oh, yeah. men running round with passion playing to WIN, pushing forward as one in achieving a dream. Yup City WILL push on next season Carling Cup and a ambitious 2nd in the LEAGUE.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

That made think of vuvuzelas and chuckle to myself

As soon as i posted it i thought some one was gonna make a joke about it lol
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Crossie » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 pm

The ITV match comentators, Andy Townsend and whoever the other one is, were sturing it up so much tonight, they were talking like 2 News of the World reporters.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:09 pm

As soon as the game finished I switched over - I will be in self imposed news exile until their next game.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:13 pm

I agree that it's been the worst world Cup i've ever seen so far & I don't think there's one top quality side in it. That will make it even more frustrating if England wuss out of it by being below par. Mourinho is right, International football is no longer the pinacle.

City could do Spurs in that 1st game if we have the likes of YaYa Toure in midfield. We were doing well in the middle of the pitch in the last game until injury changed things. Lescott will handle Crouch better than the CB's did last time. Lennon will be a nervous shadow of his former self once England have finished with him. (Torres & Gerrard will be keen to put their World Cup nightmares behind them & get us a goal each).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 pm

I am not incredibly old (31) but this is definitely the worst World Cup I remember for all the reasons you listed KK.

Especially the Vuvuzelas are really ruining it for me.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mike J » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 pm

i actually think the past 3 days or so have been quality.

watching england brings it down a few notches. they are shit.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Mike J wrote:i actually think the past 3 days or so have been quality.

watching england brings it down a few notches. they are shit.

Agreed. The second round of games have been much better but then the first round of group games are invariably dull affairs at every WC so I tend not to get that worked up about it. There is always a debate about the ball at every WC and usually the poor standard of officials so I tend to ignore endless bollocks about the ball and am relatively surprised about how good the reffing has been so far.

Throw in the fact that I don't even notice the vuvuzelas means I am thoroughly enjoying the WC with England's woeful displays being the only depressing factor.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:03 pm

King Kev wrote:I have to say that this is the worst World Cup I have ever seen, for many reasons! The ball's shit, the weather's shit, the vuvuzelas are shit, the coverage is shit and on the whole, the football is shit. I'm sick of it already!

I really really miss City and can't wait for City to be back. Top 4 finish with a good cup run.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:12 pm

I cant wait for Citys season to begin. Im actually looking forward to the last match. Me and my mates are coming over to the last match, to either COMS or the swamp depending who is at home (Im the only City supporter) but we're at Bolton and thats close enough to a home match for me.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

I really really miss City and can't wait for City to be back. Top 4 finish with a good cup run.

pffttt...we're winning the league. Slackers.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:57 pm

Sorry Kev, I can't hear you because of the Vuzevulas. Been a good WC you pack of whingers, with some good performances. If the Argentina game didn't impress you you are hard to please. If the Swiss win against the odds didn't impress you you are hard to please. The tournament has only just started. It will get even better.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby King Kev » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:05 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

pffttt...we're winning the league. Slackers.

cheers
We are third favourites (Skybet are only giving 5/1!) with most bookies so it's a target we should be aiming for but I reckon it may be too soon.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:00 am

What do you want to happen to the Manager if he fails his targets for 2010/11? i.e. 4th place and the Final of the Milk Cup or whatever it's called now...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:14 am

btajim wrote:

What do you want to happen to the Manager if he fails his targets for 2010/11? i.e. 4th place and the Final of the Milk Cup or whatever it's called now...

Yey! Let's go there again!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:16 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
btajim wrote:What do you want to happen to the Manager if he fails his targets for 2010/11? i.e. 4th place and the Final of the Milk Cup or whatever it's called now...

Yey! Let's go there again!

I'm merely asking the thread starter to confirm his realistic targets for next season. No different than was done in previous seasons.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum