Toure's Agent

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Toure's Agent

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:54 pm

What the fuck is going on? I know some are gonna be on saying we don't know the full story etc, but everytime we enter negotiations for a big name player I keep hearing how amature we are. Check this out:

Yaya Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk claims the Ivory Coast midfielder could form part of the deal to bring Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas back to Barcelona this summer.

Toure has long been linked with a move to England with Manchester City, captained by older brother Kolo, thought to be leading the race for his signature.

City's cross-town rivals Manchester United are also reportedly interested, while Kolo's former club Arsenal have been monitoring him for several years.

Last week Arsenal rejected a £29million (35million euros) offer from Barcelona for Fabregas as they look to keep hold of the Spain international but if Toure is thrown into the mix as part of an improved bid, the Gunners could reconsider.

Seluk has previously revealed that a move to the Barclays Premier League was all but a done deal and hinted Toure was set for a move to Eastlands, something he now feels is not the case.

"There's a lot of interest in the deal (for Toure)," Seluk told Rac-1. "Arsene Wenger likes him and Arsenal are interested.

"If the conditions are good, everything can be finished soon.

"He could come into the Cesc deal and Barca and Arsenal are struggling to come to an agreement.

"Everything has changed with City, because they talk a lot but then afterwards they don't appear to be a rich club but rather a bankrupt one."

Barca confirmed today they had slapped a 35million euro price-tag on Toure, something which Seluk last week insisted was too high.

Toure was a key member of the Barca side that lifted six trophies in 2009 and he extended his stay at the Nou Camp only last summer, but he appeared to fall out of favour in the latter part of the season.

Barca president Joan Laporta is resigned to letting Toure go, and feels Arsenal must be prepared to do the same with Fabregas.

He said: "If a player of this characteristics, who also has the privilege of being Arsenal captain, announces to the club that he understands his time there has come to an end and he wants to continue his career at a club like Barca...

"I always want players in my club who want to be there and they should have that commitment.

"If a player shows legitimately that he does not want to be at Barca, immediately I open the doors and defend the interests of the club, but I try to reconcile them with those of the player and the buying club."
Original Dub

Re: Toure's Agent

Postby Mike J » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:56 pm

really fucking sick of this. either we are just being used or the people doing our negotiating are absolute clowns.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby french_tony » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Sounds to me like he demanded crazy wages and we rightly told him to fuck off.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:04 pm

What it means is the agents see City involved so they ramp the price/terms up, we tell them to fucl off/get real and so they throw their toys out of the pram.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Dameerto wrote:What it means is the agents see City involved so they ramp the price/terms up, we tell them to fucl off/get real and so they throw their toys out of the pram.

I also believe this to be the case...too many clubs are seeing city as "desperados" and up the price to ridiculous amounts and we seem to be playing hardball - fucking right imo.

The way City seem to be doing it seems pretty simple - they know the financial clout of most teams out there which is why they are playing the waiting game - RM want so many players in and only have x amount to play with, City know this and so offer a few million more than them and see what happens.it make's sense to me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby aaron bond » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 pm

He's just angry for 2 reasons:
1. Because Barca slapped a huge price tag on him
2. Because we're unwilling to pay it

He saw big £££ signs when he knew City were interested and thought he'd get a nice big agent's fee, but as we won't be held to ransom he spits his dummy out.

Also, if Barca value Toure at £30m and have also offered that to Arsenal for Fabregas, we should offer £40m for Fabregas just to bump the price up.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby dazlebluefrog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:26 pm

carn't see him coming to us ,do we want him is more the question,is he a money grabbing t-at like his brother ?still if i was in their place from the same background i'd take the money and fcuk it, if i played for a club that are willing to give XXX amounts of euros for a season or two tell them all the bullshit they want i'd come out with ,for example "well i've come here to win trophies this is a massive club with great ambitions ",when really they don't give a fcuk about us ,i wonder if you asked most of the money grabbers a few questions about us like last time we won the league , the fa cup ?league cup ?the year we won the ecwc?how many would get them right ?

anyway he'll be sold to the arse and maybe 15/20 millions euros in his bag for Arsene with fabregas going home
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:31 pm

We have said absolutely zero on this - all the noise comes from:

a) Barca who want to use us to up the price / value with Arsenal or screw us to get some funds for a push on Fabregas

b) a totally fucking desperate agent who is worried about his payday

I think our silence is right - and professional rather that amateurish - our negotiators need to be ruthless and play our strong hand well - we have the money - clubs should work with us at the right level and in the style we want - not just think they can mug us

This window is important for being clear that we are big boys - and if you want to get your snout in our trough - then respect please
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

And while we're at it - blacklist the mouthy little piss-ant agent so he gets no commission from us in future.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Grob » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 pm

I think he's coming. This agent is trying to do business in public to try and drum up other interest and make us move quicker.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:What the fuck is going on? I know some are gonna be on saying we don't know the full story etc, but everytime we enter negotiations for a big name player I keep hearing how amature we are.

What camp you in Dub because you seem to intimate that we are doing things wrong?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Grob wrote:I think he's coming. This agent is trying to do business in public to try and drum up other interest and make us move quicker.

I think that you are poss very well spot on - sounds like a man who has a pot there so close he can smell it - but is desperate to get the deal closed
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:44 pm

He's not worth 35 million euros. I think even his agent knows that. Let's hope they do discounts.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:"Everything has changed with City, because they talk a lot but then afterwards they don't appear to be a rich club but rather a bankrupt one."

I don't get it (Again!), is he saying we won't pay the price or his salary? Either way, it seems pretty certain that his agent is not happy, but why, hadn't he already signed for someone?

Edit: Just seen the 35 mil quote, now you are taking the piss!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:We have said absolutely zero on this - all the noise comes from:

a) Barca who want to use us to up the price / value with Arsenal or screw us to get some funds for a push on Fabregas

I think our silence is right - and professional rather that amateurish - our negotiators need to be ruthless and play our strong hand well - we have the money - clubs should work with us at the right level and in the style we want - not just think they can mug us

This window is important for being clear that we are big boys - and if you want to get your snout in our trough - then respect please

Actually apart from Mancini saying ignore much of what is said in the media we have said absolutely zero on pretty much everything transfer related. Even the Boateng deal was low key and I'll admit I like it. Clearly we are being more circumspect and clearly some people ain't happy about this. So far we have signed Boateng and made an offer for Milner. Outside of this everything else is just speculation, gossip and fantasy coming from all parties except one. Us.

It will be fascinating to see how it pans out.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:We have said absolutely zero on this - all the noise comes from:

Actually apart from Mancini saying ignore much of what is said in the media we have said absolutely zero on pretty much everything transfer related. Even the Boateng deal was low key and I'll admit I like it. Clearly we are being more circumspect and clearly some people ain't happy about this. So far we have signed Boateng and made an offer for Milner. Outside of this everything else is just speculation, gossip and fantasy coming from all parties except one. Us.

It will be fascinating to see how it pans out.

Nice one Bob, I like your way of thinking.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 pm

french_tony wrote:Sounds to me like he demanded crazy wages and we rightly told him to fuck off.

This. The Agent is a twat anyway.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby gillie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:04 pm

They can ask what they want in wages but if they really want to come they wont play hard ball coz they will lose ultimately.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby blootoof » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Fuck off to Arsenal and take that useless cunt of a brother back with you.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 pm

blootoof wrote:Fuck off to Arsenal and take that useless cunt of a brother back with you.

I would actually like him to come to city but as for his brother.....Id fuck him off to whoever,he made me spit at the tv too much.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum