Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sterling

Postby zuricity » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I must be the only one here who thinks he is over rated, I am not bothered by this rumour at all.

For my money, he's all show and no substance.

If he played in our team, I think he'd be shown up for his overall lack of quality.

+1

Overrated , vastly overrated.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby aaron bond » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:11 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I must be the only one here who thinks he is over rated, I am not bothered by this rumour at all.

If he played in our team, I think he'd be shown up for his overall lack of quality.

+1

Based on what?

Last season, aged 18-19, he scored 10 goals and had 7 assists. That's an impressive return considering he wasn't playing as an outright striker. Even more impressive when you consider his age.

He has an excellent attacking instinct. Last year he had the opportunity to play with Suarez and Sturridge regularly and thrived. If he could play regularly with the quality of players we have, then he has the potential to be an excellent player.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Hmmmmm does he track back?!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby zuricity » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:20 pm

aaron bond wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

+1

Based on what?

Last season, aged 18-19, he scored 10 goals and had 7 assists. That's an impressive return considering he wasn't playing as an outright striker. Even more impressive when you consider his age.

He has an excellent attacking instinct. Last year he had the opportunity to play with Suarez and Sturridge regularly and thrived. If he could play regularly with the quality of players we have, then he has the potential to be an excellent player.

Based on what i have seen. Even live at matches.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Great potential. its not his fault he's being asked to carry an entire team this season in the absence of Suarez and the injured Sturridge. Pace to burn, young, loves taking his man on and also English. In our system he'd be a huge upgrade on Navas.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby AntMcfc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:09 pm

We should be doing all we can to sign him asap, the sky's the limit for him.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:56 pm

The definition of a hot young English prospect, the likes of which normally age so well.

I'm thinking Ashley young, David Bentley, SWP (hurts I know), Walcott etc.

Do any of these players go on to be world class players? Steer clear. Besides I'm not sure pellers would take being told steady.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:28 am

zuricity wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

+1

Based on what?

Based on what i have seen. Even live at matches.

Excellent response as ever from you.
Last edited by aaron bond on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaron bond

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:38 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:The definition of a hot young English prospect, the likes of which normally age so well.

I'm thinking Ashley young, David Bentley, SWP (hurts I know), Walcott etc.

Do any of these players go on to be world class players? Steer clear. Besides I'm not sure pellers would take being told steady.

Agree with you that young English players are always hyped up heavily, and often fail to meet the expectations placed on them. But that doesn't mean we should rule them out based on Young and Bentley. I think Walcott has turned into a very good player, but unfortunately is injured more than not.

For his age, Sterling's performances and contribution to the team were excellent last season. He caused us serious problems in our home match vs. Liverpool when we won 2-1.

Obviously there is no guarantee he'll go onto be a star like any of our own youngsters. But last season he played some excellent football with Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho. Regardless of our opinion of Liverpool, they caused many teams lots of problems last season. If playing with the talent we have in our squad, then he would be in the right place to become a success.
aaron bond

Postby Herb » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:38 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Wife beating cunt

Not fit to wear a City shirt for the obvious moral reasons - he's a nasty piece of work and we should avoid him like the plague out of respect for the many victims of shits like him.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum