Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hart

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:33 pm

Hart perhaps could have done more with the first goal, although he clearly couldn't see it and with it being so close in and so many bodies in the way he had virtually no reaction time.

The second goal he could do nothing about. The cross came in as nobody pressed the ball, the Polish lad peeled cleverly onto Sagna instead of Kompany, the ball bisected them both and it looped in off his shoulder, off the post and in. Joe had no chance with the header and it was too far out for the cross.

So far we only have 4 players who are playing well this season and one of them is definitely Joe Hart.

As for his distribution, a few went astray last night, but this constant urging for him to release it quickly, too many times there is no counter-attacking option on. Equally we have little height further up the field so kicking it long is difficult to pick a pass and teams are pressing us high up the pitch as they know we like to play from the back, hence why him releasing it early is not always easy and not always on.

As for Neuer - yes he is better than Hart but I thought his distribution was ordinary last night - several times in the first half he played short passes to a City shirt or played one of his team-mates into trouble. He made a couple of good saves.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:Hart perhaps could have done more with the first goal, although he clearly couldn't see it and with it being so close in and so many bodies in the way he had virtually no reaction time.

The second goal he could do nothing about. The cross came in as nobody pressed the ball, the Polish lad peeled cleverly onto Sagna instead of Kompany, the ball bisected them both and it looped in off his shoulder, off the post and in. Joe had no chance with the header and it was too far out for the cross.

So far we only have 4 players who are playing well this season and one of them is definitely Joe Hart.

As for his distribution, a few went astray last night, but this constant urging for him to release it quickly, too many times there is no counter-attacking option on. Equally we have little height further up the field so kicking it long is difficult to pick a pass and teams are pressing us high up the pitch as they know we like to play from the back, hence why him releasing it early is not always easy and not always on.

As for Neuer - yes he is better than Hart but I thought his distribution was ordinary last night - several times in the first half he played short passes to a City shirt or played one of his team-mates into trouble. He made a couple of good saves.

Neuer s usually excellent but sometimes he tries to be too clever and last night was one of those times, not least with his time wasting.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:02 pm

My view on Hart is that he reached his maximum level, from this point on, he can't get better and we have two options, we either sell him or keep him like he is now. He will make some great games, but then will be the reason we fail to win points.

Last season we won the league in spite of him. As harsh as this sounds, this is the case. He cost us a lot of points the past two seasons and will continue to do the same.

If we need a example of how a keeper must grow, we need to take a look at De Gea.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Love the bloke, hate the 'tache. Get it sorted Joe, I'd have had a black marker through it by now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blue-nova » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:As for Neuer - yes he is better than Hart but I thought his distribution was ordinary last night - several times in the first half he played short passes to a City shirt or played one of his team-mates into trouble. He made a couple of good saves.

If you watch any goalkeeper regularly they'll make mistakes. I remember a couple of years ago someone putting together a list of mistakes Hart had made, explaining what he should have done and explaining that he should be replaced by Neuer. There was a punch when he should have caught, a rush off the line which didn't work out, trying to push away an attacker at a set piece.Five minutes on YouTube and I found Neuer making every one of those mistakes.

Even in a good season, across all competitions, keepers will be letting in dozens of goals. They're the most obvious culprit in every one of those goals, and if you look for faults you'll find them. The fact that we care more when Hart lets in a goal means that we'll naturally be more critical - and I suspect it would be a marginal difference even if we could bring in any keeper we wanted.
My Man City quiz book (now in print as well as Kindle) still outselling the rags! I'll be able to afford a Balti pie soon!
Just published a Christmassy Football Joke and Quiz Book too!
blue-nova
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:25 am

We need an upgrade.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby shortagain » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:36 am

All the comments are interesting & just goes to show how many ways people view things.

I think Joe Hart is a good keeper & would be difficult to improve on, but why can't he improve on some of the problems himself. Distribution is the most obvious and seems to be a no brainer to me, yet at 27 with loads of experience he doesn't seem to be able to remedy that flaw in his game.

Perhaps it the coaches responsibility!
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:41 am

I would also say he is clearly a leader within the team and the squad.

He is a proven quality keeper over a number of seasons and he came back from his poor start to last season very well.

He has played well this season and has been a key member of the side and why we have won the number of trophies we have over the past few years.

Must be kept as our number 1
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:44 am

All the comments are interesting & just goes to show how many ways people view things.

Indeed and there's no wrong opinion. That's what's great about this site.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:43 pm

shortagain wrote:All the comments are interesting & just goes to show how many ways people view things.

I think Joe Hart is a good keeper & would be difficult to improve on, but why can't he improve on some of the problems himself. Distribution is the most obvious and seems to be a no brainer to me, yet at 27 with loads of experience he doesn't seem to be able to remedy that flaw in his game.

Perhaps it the coaches responsibility!

Yes, you might say that, but Joe worked at City with Mancisidor and Battara. Those two gk coaches worked in their life with Toldo, Julio Cesar or Casillas.

The point is that Joe had two key moments in his career. His loan spell at B”gham when he grew a lot and then his first season here, the 2010-2011 campaign. We would expect in the 2011-2012 season for him to grow even further, but instead he reached a level and from there he lost his mojo.

So my point is this. If we look at Pants, he worked with those two from above like Joe did, but for me, Pantilimon left City twice the better keeper he was since he came here. You can see a huge progress at Pants, while Joe is somewhere stuck. It is not the coaches fault, but only his.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 pm

There are a heck of a lot of seriously average keepers playing at the top level , let's be thankfull we have England's number one and a good one at that .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:23 pm

City64 wrote:There are a heck of a lot of seriously average keepers playing at the top level , let's be thankfull we have England's number one and a good one at that .

True but all of our "rivals" in PL and Europe have far better. We don't score enough to cover for joes mistakes anymore. IMO we need to move on.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
City64 wrote:There are a heck of a lot of seriously average keepers playing at the top level , let's be thankfull we have England's number one and a good one at that .

True but all of our "rivals" in PL and Europe have far better. We don't score enough to cover for joes mistakes anymore. IMO we need to move on.

Only Chelsea possibly have a better keeper in the PL for me , but then again Joe Hart has won two titles , an FA Cup and a Carling Cup .........think the Chelsea keeper has won fuck all ? ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

He's made fuck all mistakes this season to be fair.

There are better out there but the very best are unobtainable and you have to consider is it worth spending money on a position to see a marginal improvement? Money that could be spent in other areas more urgently in need of strengthening.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:20 pm

City64 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Only Chelsea possibly have a better keeper in the PL for me , but then again Joe Hart has won two titles , an FA Cup and a Carling Cup .........think the Chelsea keeper has won fuck all ? ;-)

He's won stuff with Atletico, I haven't really seen him in action enough to compare him to Joe though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:49 pm

But to be fair, there is not a big pool for us to pick from. All the good ones are taken. Leno from Leverkusen looks interesting, but that might be it.

Lloris? Same as Joe.

Maybe Handanovic.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Wooders » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:57 pm

I agree with an earlier post - get Cech as it appears he maybe available come jan
I just have no faith in joe anymore - I've lived with the poor distribution but his whole game is decreasing in quality now
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby dazby » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Nonsense Wooders. He's as good as any out there and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:14 am

I'd swap him for manuel in an instant. Obviously.

But that isn't an option
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:02 am

dazby wrote:Nonsense Wooders. He's as good as any out there and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Well that makes you clueless then as De GAY is far better than him and so is Cech.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum