The best Christmas Present!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The best Christmas Present!

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Just how will the other side of Manchester feel if/when they see us at the Top of the League on Xmas Day? Not forgetting the 6 day's we'll be there until they've got a chance to change it, and even then, we win again and BANG, we're top again ;-)

Mate, can you imagine?

I really hope we do these cunts, I hate Moyes, on top of the wanting to be top lark!
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Would be a good feeling to be top, but then it is really only symbolic when all the others have a game in hand or even two in the case of the rags. It does raise the pressure though both on ourselves to try and stay there, which is something City need imo, and on the others to make good in their games in hand.
I woudn't be shouting about it much though personally. I think if anything the press are likely to make the most of it.. with a kind of 'look City are top, the others have to catch up'

The extra pressure it might put on the team i think would be pretty useful, every single game will then be a battle to stay there and i still have a sneaky suspiscion that our players need that a bit to really perform.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby david yearsley » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:23 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Would be a good feeling to be top, but then it is really only symbolic when all the others have a game in hand or even two in the case of the rags. It does raise the pressure though both on ourselves to try and stay there, which is something City need imo, and on the others to make good in their games in hand.
I woudn't be shouting about it much though personally. I think if anything the press are likely to make the most of it.. with a kind of 'look City are top, the others have to catch up'

The extra pressure it might put on the team i think would be pretty useful, every single game will then be a battle to stay there and i still have a sneaky suspiscion that our players need that a bit to really perform.

Agree - three points is just the means to an end - forget about top just concentrate on winning the game - if we could dick them that would be a bonus - we must step up to the plate tomorrow night and hit top gear. Our fans must get behind every kick and roar them on
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Every football fan in the world looking at the best league in the world and seeing likkle old City perched nicely at the top, above United.

If Carlsberg could do Christmas?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Well every game is a now or never thing at this level. It is kind of strange really if you look back a few years.. personally i would have always said that every game is the one, but now we are not shit anymore there are less and less excuses in mind.. that just pumps up the pressure and expectation, we have no excuses, we are the real deal, we just have to make sure that we perform. Its great but also sharper and more acute, we are right in the mix, even a draw in the next half season will feel like abject failure and that we are throwing our chances away.

It is a bizzare in way.. i am looking forward to Monday's game so much.. we need the points, we need to get on a run, more than anything we need to show those rancid Toffees how to play football and purge the trouble we had with them for a while now and more than anything the shit they dealt us last season. Slimy fucler Moyes will be after putting another spanner in the City machine and will have his band of second rates as rabid as he can get them. Off again yapping about the Lescott saga, he really has a beef with us.
Mancini will have learnt though, he did a good job at Stoke and we were unlucky not to go ahead at the start and stupid to throw it away at the end, the performance though was ok. Moyes will try to stop us playing and they will make it very difficult, but we are learning as a team about ourselves and the power we have to pull teams out of shape. It may take a bit of time but i'm sure we will get the better of them tactically. The obvious problem is finding our shooting boots... but for this one i rekon that the Tevez saga will play in our favour and we will have one demonic squat little fucler out there hell bent on trouble. Im 100% convinced of that and although it is a serious problem playing Everton it will be Tevez that leads the charge. I just hope to fucl that they cant contain us and we get a breakthrough early on. Scouce 2 have a tendency to collapse a bit when their blocking game doesn't work, they take time to re-organise themselves. If we can get an earlyish breakthrough and we are up for it we can smash them into the ground.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum