Andy Carroll???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Andy Carroll???

Postby Rae4685 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm

branny wrote:I'd have him because I think he'd score more than Jo, hold it up better than Ade, play more than santa Cruz and be suspended far less than Balotelli. With regards to standard I meant would he be overlooked by Bobby Manc in favour of other targets that may be considered world class such as Torres for example.

There was 22 players starting at st James park tonight and off all of them Torres touched the ball the least! He's a lazy sulky (even by balotelli standards) Wimp!!! Don't want him anywhere near our squad the girly primadonna.
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby david yearsley » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Very tempting after tonight - Llorente is my first choice or even Gomez if he could be prized away from Bayern but Carroll has entered the fray big time
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:24 pm

What.....a......fucking........goal.......! Still wouldn't have him, unless we swapped him for Mario!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Esky » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:What.....a......fucking........goal.......! Still wouldn't have him, unless we swapped him for Mario!

Horrible, horrible defending though. They gave him about 5 seconds to line the shot up from the edge of the box - not one player went in to close him down.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby aaron bond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 am

9secondlegend wrote:
branny wrote:Balotelli will be in and out. Bob obviously doesn't fancy Ade and Santa Cruz. Jo hasn't scored for years so he'd be an improvement there. Is he the sort of standard that we are looking to sign though?

standard as in 10 goals this season? or standard as in "big name" players?

I'm always wary of strikers starting a season like this. Remember Michael Ricketts?

He is in great form now but I'm reserving judgement until the end of the season.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum