Barry's Handballs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barry's Handballs

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:25 pm

When I'm writing this we are 1-0 up 22 minutes into game so regardless of result this has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, last season I noticed that Barry gets lot of handball calls against him. I decided to start counting handballs by him. Just before I started this topic he had his SEVENTH handball of the season. What the fuck is wrong with him? Why does he do it all the time? That's fucking ridiculous and pisses me right off.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Barry's Handballs

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 pm

He's gotten away with more than that as well, I also watch for it every game.

Gotta be honest tho I shake my head with a wry smile and just say gareth at it again.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:54 pm

some of them may be well worth taking given how they might be breaking up play...i don't think he's stupid.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:01 pm

He seems to do it in a way that it's not classed as deliberate, so no Yellow card. I don't mind him doing it to stop the oppo's run away from our goal and if it is in the box, the ref is more than likely not to give it as it is hand to ball and not the opposite way around.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:02 pm

He did another in the second half on the edge of our area and got away with it
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 pm

craigmcfc wrote:He did another in the second half on the edge of our area and got away with it

Anytime Barry performs like he did today he can handle all the balls he wants.

Southern. Comfort.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:He did another in the second half on the edge of our area and got away with it

Anytime Barry performs like he did today he can handle all the balls he wants.

Southern. Comfort.

cheers

A couple of Southern Comforts to celebrate that cracking performance will do me just fine
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Nick » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When I'm writing this we are 1-0 up 22 minutes into game so regardless of result this has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, last season I noticed that Barry gets lot of handball calls against him. I decided to start counting handballs by him. Just before I started this topic he had his SEVENTH handball of the season. What the fuck is wrong with him? Why does he do it all the time? That's fucking ridiculous and pisses me right off.

Maybe because hes so slow/ the opposite of agile.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When I'm writing this we are 1-0 up 22 minutes into game so regardless of result this has nothing to do with it.

No offence nqdp but is that the best thread you can come up with?

uff.. while we are on the subject there is alot more than handling the ball that old Gareth gets away with.. again and again.

begining to think he is a bit of genius on the sly.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

No offence nqdp but is that the best thread you can come up with?

uff.. while we are on the subject there is alot more than handling the ball that old Gareth gets away with.. again and again.

begining to think he is a bit of genius on the sly.

best I can do?
It's annoying habit of his and will one day give crucial penalty or game winning freekick to opposition.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:29 am

I think he did give away something vital in one game last season. But this has been his habit for a long time now and I believe he gets away with it much more than he is penalised. Very good at making it look like his body, not his hand, and also at making it look accidentla as someone said.

Excellent game today, looked really classy. Funny player, you never know what Gareth is going to turn up, to paraphrase Hansen!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ezz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:24 pm

john@staustell wrote:I think he did give away something vital in one game last season. But this has been his habit for a long time now and I believe he gets away with it much more than he is penalised. Very good at making it look like his body, not his hand, and also at making it look accidentla as someone said.

Excellent game today, looked really classy. Funny player, you never know what Gareth is going to turn up, to paraphrase Hansen!

Anyone remember Steven Taylor at Newcastle handballing it to stop a goal going in at least twice? He went down like Elias in platoon as if he'd just been shot. Next thing, he gets up, rubbing his side to make out that it hit his ribs. I think he got away with it once, but got booked the second time.
Ezz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Happy days that handball!
[youtube]vl3HnU0HOhk[/youtube]
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY