4 strikers - is it enough?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 4 strikers - is it enough?

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If you look at how we've tried to have 2 for each position the CF spot doesn't match up. We don't really have ONE real genuine centre forward (other than mostly injured & soon to be gone RSC). They're also not the most reliable bunch; Ade, Jo, Balotelli. Talented players of course but hardly guaranteed performers & Ade is already a little bit miffed at becoming a squad player.

Perhaps it's just the case that none of the players available to sign are considered an improvement so we have no choice.

If that changes we could still see a last ditch signing imo.

The crap that he was saying the other day, I wouldn't trust Ade much and in fact would be looking to sell him. He was admitting being "upset" when he was on the bench against Spurs and also talked how his values and interests in life have changed since the shooting incident. Which is all understandable but from our point of view that sounds like someone talking who is mentally quite there.

Personally I would sell Ade (and RSC of course) and buy one quality centerforward. Whether that quality centerforward is Dzeko or Benzema or Ibrahimovic or someone else if of course up for debate. Straight swap for Benzema would make most sense since Real are apparently interested of Ade.

I don't know what to make of Ade but I feel tonight will be informative. If he runs around looking sharp & enthusiastic then we probably don't have a problem as I'm sure Mancini wil play him lots if he's up to it. If he swans around looking weird however, we've got a BIG problem as then we're basing our whole season on Tevez staying fit, or a 19 year old kid or Jo. Whenever teams take risks like that, sods law dictates that the main striker gets injured. It ALWAYS happens, every time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If you look at how we've tried to have 2 for each position the CF spot doesn't match up. We don't really have ONE real genuine centre forward (other than mostly injured & soon to be gone RSC). They're also not the most reliable bunch; Ade, Jo, Balotelli. Talented players of course but hardly guaranteed performers & Ade is already a little bit miffed at becoming a squad player.

Perhaps it's just the case that none of the players available to sign are considered an improvement so we have no choice.

The crap that he was saying the other day, I wouldn't trust Ade much and in fact would be looking to sell him. He was admitting being "upset" when he was on the bench against Spurs and also talked how his values and interests in life have changed since the shooting incident. Which is all understandable but from our point of view that sounds like someone talking who is mentally quite there.

Personally I would sell Ade (and RSC of course) and buy one quality centerforward. Whether that quality centerforward is Dzeko or Benzema or Ibrahimovic or someone else if of course up for debate. Straight swap for Benzema would make most sense since Real are apparently interested of Ade.

I don't know what to make of Ade but I feel tonight will be informative. If he runs around looking sharp & enthusiastic then we probably don't have a problem as I'm sure Mancini wil play him lots if he's up to it. If he swans around looking weird however, we've got a BIG problem as then we're basing our whole season on Tevez staying fit, or a 19 year old kid or Jo. Whenever teams take risks like that, sods law dictates that the main striker gets injured. It ALWAYS happens, every time.

It would be 'typical city' if after all the money we have spent that we would end up relying on Jo upfront

I'm going to have nightmares about that tonight
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:26 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

It would be 'typical city' if after all the money we have spent that we would end up relying on Jo upfront

Haha.

It would also be very unlike Mancini to take the risk. If we're not already in for a striker (which I think we may be) a dodgy performance by Ade tonight could lead to an interesting end to the transfer window.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Haha.

It would also be very unlike Mancini to take the risk. If we're not already in for a striker (which I think we may be) a dodgy performance by Ade tonight could lead to an interesting end to the transfer window.

.....and let's be honest, we're suckers for "interesting ends" aren't we? Here's hoping
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum