Official Premier League Games (21/08/10 - 23/08/10)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Official Premier League Games (21/08/10 - 23/08/10)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:08 pm

blootoof wrote:yu nytid looked poor he he

I agree mate, how many times did Fulham get a chance? I was reading Buffoon's statement on our back 4, saying that none of them would get into the likes of Uniteds team. Well Mr Baboon, if you think that the likes of Evan's or O'Shea are some of the greats, then you are a bigger fool than I thought.

I'd say that they are going to struggle to challenge with the players they've got, but from that showing from the referee I'd suggest that I'm totally wrong.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Great performance by Fulham. Even in the face of Satanic stuffiness they still get a point. Admirable. Went toe to toe with the rags & almost beat them.

Love to be in the pub with Villa fans now as they all discuss what Ireland's best position is. One of the most shockongly lethargic debuts I've ever seen & then to top it all he suddenly starts sprinting forward at 0-4 to try & get his debut goal, after barely breaking from a jogging pace previously but stands & watches again when they lose the ball. What a fucking self obsessed lazy shithouse the bloke is.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Great performance by Fulham. Even in the face of Satanic stuffiness they still get a point. Admirable. Went toe to toe with the rags & almost beat them.

Love to be in the pub with Villa fans now as they all discuss what Ireland's best position is. One of the most shockongly lethargic debuts I've ever seen & then to top it all he suddenly starts sprinting forward at 0-4 to try & get his debut goal, after barely breaking from a jogging pace previously but stands & watches again when they lose the ball. What a fucking self obsessed lazy shithouse the bloke is.

Abysmal wasnt it !!............I wonder what the tabloids will say tomorrow ?....probably something along the lines of Ireland has to be given time to "GEL" with his new team mates.!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Great performance by Fulham. Even in the face of Satanic stuffiness they still get a point. Admirable. Went toe to toe with the rags & almost beat them.

Abysmal wasnt it !!............I wonder what the tabloids will say tomorrow ?....probably something along the lines of Ireland has to be given time to "GEL" with his new team mates.!!

They'l be hoping Milner has a stinker to balance it out otherwise it'll look like we got a bargain. Imagine if it was the other way round & we'd just sold Milner & bought that wanker!! Imagine the comments on here!!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Lord Lucan strode past doing windmills on Shergar, and me mate said Ireland was playin. I told the drunk cunt to fuckoff.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Thank god we sold Dunne. Has continued where he left off in the end of last season.

Ireland made few neat passes but overall really poor.

Didn't watch Rags game but good result.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby gillie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:05 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:Considering that United are not obsessed with us.... they have spent the first 4+ minutes of the fulham game singing their "this is how it feels to be city" song.... and they're still belting it out!!! Sad twats!!!

They sang it for over 7 mins non stop and they call us bitter.Deluded obsessed rag bastards.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Thank god we sold Dunne. Has continued where he left off in the end of last season.

Ireland made few neat passes but overall really poor.

Didn't watch Rags game but good result.

Spot on. ANother gaffe by Dunney. Loved the guy at City but the time had come, and we got good money for him. He always has got a major gaffe in him Im afraid.

As for Irelands debut, personally I blame Kevin McDonald for not "having a relationship" with him. Eithe that or it will of course be Mancini's fault. Villa just learned that Ireland cant play midfield unless its a 4-5-1 and the team is built around him. He got totally dominated by Barton's tasche.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:As for Irelands debut, personally I blame Kevin McDonald for not "having a relationship" with him. Eithe that or it will of course be Mancini's fault. Villa just learned that Ireland cant play midfield unless its a 4-5-1 and the team is built around him. He got totally dominated by Barton's tasche.

Wo wo wo woh, it's because he's not used to playing in his preferred position, didn't you know!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:38 pm

I thought this was a new season...

1)Ireland over-run and average when things arent exactly right for him
2)Barton being a cunt
3)press having a biggy pop
4)scholes carrying scum
5)scum getting an og
6)scum gifted a bent pen
7)scum team includes a tranny
8)ref gives scum "just one last attack"
same old
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby gillie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:I thought this was a new season...

1)Ireland over-run and average when things arent exactly right for him
2)Barton being a cunt
3)press having a biggy pop
4)scholes carrying scum
5)scum getting an og
6)scum gifted a bent pen
7)scum team includes a tranny
8)ref gives scum "just one last attack"
same old

Aye nowt changes does it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:57 pm

Yep, it looks like their matchwinner from last season, Og, has got off to a flyer.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby pears12 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 pm

I really enjoyed the villa vs newcastle game.. Andy Carroll looks like a very good striker in the making, I like his commitment to chase balls down and pressure defenders, but even as goals piled on commentators kept refering to offside decision against Ashley Young, I saw Ireland out there but i not convinced he was playing at all he looked like a slow moving object wandering around midfield.
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby gillie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:48 pm

pears12 wrote:I really enjoyed the villa vs newcastle game.. Andy Carroll looks like a very good striker in the making, I like his commitment to chase balls down and pressure defenders, but even as goals piled on commentators kept refering to offside decision against Ashley Young, I saw Ireland out there but i not convinced he was playing at all he looked like a slow moving object wandering around midfield.

Because he was a slow moving object wandering around midfield even Joey outran him lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:15 am

Like everyone I watched Villa with a close eye on Ireland and he really did look like a little boy lost. It's true he needs time to get used to a new team but I would have expected an all energy performance even if things didn't come off for him but he just didn't seem that bothered.Where I expected him to be looking for the ball , making angles to get involved, look for one twos and break forward he actually seemed to do the opposite and condense the space and often make it hard to pass to him. Even when he got it he seemed happy to just pass it on sideways or backwards rather than turn and try to create.

As for Dunney , he seemed to have got the same disease.I also thought at times he didn't look bothered which I don't think I have thought before even when he had a bad game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Like everyone I watched Villa with a close eye on Ireland and he really did look like a little boy lost. It's true he needs time to get used to a new team but I would have expected an all energy performance even if things didn't come off for him but he just didn't seem that bothered.Where I expected him to be looking for the ball , making angles to get involved, look for one twos and break forward he actually seemed to do the opposite and condense the space and often make it hard to pass to him. Even when he got it he seemed happy to just pass it on sideways or backwards rather than turn and try to create.

As for Dunney , he seemed to have got the same disease.I also thought at times he didn't look bothered which I don't think I have thought before even when he had a bad game.

If we were to go back to the last time Ireland started a game for Mancini, I think somewhere in that thread will be me describing the EXACT same behaviour; Ireland creating angles that made it impossible for people to pass to him, seeking out opposition players & standing next to them & making forward runs straight into large groups of defenders where a pass to him would be impossible. I said then I believed he didn't want the ball & was sometimes deliberately hiding.

Late in the Villa game he suddenly decided to join in & started sprinting forward making himself available for the ball in attacking positions hoping for the glory of a debut goal. Dunne's performance imo was also typical of his City performances when things went wrong. In fact the whole thing reminded me of one of the disaster days both have been involved in at our club. Glad both are gone.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum