Old Shirts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Old Shirts

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Alright lads,

Does any know where I can get my hands on one of the 98/99 3rd strips (the Dickov kit as I call it)

I have searched high and low on the net and only found a few tatty examples on Ebay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Re: Old Shirts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Alright lads,

Does any know where I can get my hands on one of the 98/99 3rd strips (the Dickov kit as I call it)

I have searched high and low on the net and only found a few tatty examples on Ebay.

Cheers

If you had one, would you get rid of it?

It's not like the Rags and their Munich scarves!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sirgordonzola » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:07 pm

I have one and its going on Ebay
sirgordonzola
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers

I had one, but i passed it down to my cousin as it didn't fit me anymore......wish I wouldn't have now I'm a little older and wiser
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers

I had one, but i passed it down to my cousin as it didn't fit me anymore......wish I wouldn't have now I'm a little older and wiser

We Cityfans eh! I was due out in Bosnia at the time and had to watch it on BFBS. The switch went down in the 85th minute and I jumped over the balcony to enjoy my Birthdat BBq with the lads and girls before I went out. I was gutted until one of the lads told me it was back on and it was 2-1, the rest was history and engrained on my mind. Shirts, we've shit 'em, reality is what we are and that day said more to me than I've ever known; even more than the place I was going!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Man Dan. » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:21 pm

If its the kit we did Gillingham in then that was our 2nd kit....
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Man Dan.
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner

Supporter of: MCFC OK!
My favourite player is: Bernardooooooo

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Please dint say that striped luminous abortion of a strip

I'm struggling to remember a more hideous example of a kit
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby xavi6 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:45 am

www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk have a fair few of them

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Nice one xavi - one on its way

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:04 pm

xavi6 wrote:http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk have a fair few of them

how fucking much?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:11 pm

£45 quid, the missus has paid for it ( and she's a rag, even better)

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Return to The Maine Football forum