Bellamy & spurs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy & spurs

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If he's so shit then why do we care? Surely he's no use to a top 4 side? Or could it be that it's a great big fat lie that he was released for 'technical reasons' ?

Funny but that's what I was thinking. It seems a bit petty that a guy not good enough for our 25 isn't allowed to go to a leading prem side just in case he hurts us? We can be like that if we want but it smacks of no class.

Im sure you said ages ago that it was a load of bolloks (words to that effect) the stories about a fall out between Bellers and Mancini.?...this was when I and others were stating that they never got on with each other.

Do you now believe this to be the case?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:57 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If he's so shit then why do we care? Surely he's no use to a top 4 side? Or could it be that it's a great big fat lie that he was released for 'technical reasons' ?

Funny but that's what I was thinking. It seems a bit petty that a guy not good enough for our 25 isn't allowed to go to a leading prem side just in case he hurts us? We can be like that if we want but it smacks of no class.

maybe, just maybe, it's bellamy that wants out and he has caused enough friction with Mancini that he's had enough. Maybe, just maybe, we know what he is capable of but have taken the decision that the TEAM may be better off without him. In that case, we don't want to give home to a direct competitor do we?

Maybe people are trying to find a reason for something that makes no sense whatsoever?

that's just the point. None of us know the actual reason!

It's not one of Mancini, or the club's best moments. Historically stuff like this has ALWAYS come back to bite us on the arse. Hopefully the quality of the present squad & manager is so high, that on this occasion it won't, but they're obviously not confident that won't happen or they'd sell him to Spurs. At least they've got the good sense to avoid that as, whatever bullshit they feed us, they know he's a dangerous player & a real asset to whoever gets him next.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:13 am

I'm sorry but how can anyone side with Bellamy or feel sorry for him (not just at this thread). This is a man who after yet another heartbreak on May 5th for our club was high fiving Redknapp and smiling away like no ones business whilst we all went home sick as thieves in the rain who by the way was at fault for the goal, add to that the siding with Moyes thing and his constant whinging and lack of respect not only for the manager but to us fans he can fuck off to Spurs for all i care.

Thanks for the goals at OT and for some impressive performances in your short time Craig but you don't fool me. Ta ra.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:18 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:I'm sorry but how can anyone side with Bellamy or feel sorry for him (not just at this thread). This is a man who after yet another heartbreak on May 5th for our club was high fiving Redknapp and smiling away like no ones business whilst we all went home sick as thieves in the rain who by the way was at fault for the goal, add to that the siding with Moyes thing and his constant whinging and lack of respect not only for the manager but to us fans he can fuck off to Spurs for all i care.

Thanks for the goals at OT and for some impressive performances in your short time Craig but you don't fool me. Ta ra.

That high 5 and also not backing the manager against Everton was a fucking disgrace.

I cannot tolerate disloyalty.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:25 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:I'm sorry but how can anyone side with Bellamy or feel sorry for him (not just at this thread). This is a man who after yet another heartbreak on May 5th for our club was high fiving Redknapp and smiling away like no ones business whilst we all went home sick as thieves in the rain who by the way was at fault for the goal, add to that the siding with Moyes thing and his constant whinging and lack of respect not only for the manager but to us fans he can fuck off to Spurs for all i care.

That high 5 and also not backing the manager against Everton was a fucking disgrace.

He's a fake carl, he'll run around do alot of wasted running that he doesn't need to do, call the ref and their captain a prick, shout at one of the soft minded players for making a mistake and in doing so he has everyone beleive he is the ultra professional, giving 100% every game and glad that we have such a passionaite dedictated player who gives his all and maybe even loves the club.

What club will his next one be? His 10th? at 31? Almost enough for a set to go round smacking 11 John Arne Rises's around the golf course.
the_georgian_genius

Postby kinkylola » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:19 am

I don't think bellamy is a fake ... no matter what was happening in his personal life or in his disagreements with mancini, when he was picked he always gave 100%, whether he had a good game or not, that is professionalism in the job.

What he is is very stubborn, very argumentative and arrogant (in that he believes he knows the best way and if you disagree with him you are dead wrong and he will be an ass about it)

It's hard to say much about him personally, we all know how much he gives to charity, and that is certainly a great thing ...

But I think he is troubled and immature in a lot of ways, and I think getting rid of him before balotelli is properly training with us is very important. They will not be good to have around each other, and I think it's time fore bellamy to move on.

I appreciate what he did for us, and like everyone else, I love the effort he put in on the field. But he is a trouble maker and a hot head and he has gone too far with his recent behavior, and he has done it on purpose to engineer a move. That is obvious. It is a shame that it had to end like this, but I do not blame mancini in the slightest, and anyone who feels they rightly can blame mancini really need to take a step back and look at bellamy's behavior without thinking about the 6 months when he actually produced.

Hate to bring this up here, but if a player said those things in fergie's team ... he would be out the door as soon as the last word left his lips. It is not conducive to team unity and it is not conducive to winning. Bellamy brought this on himself and through his behavior you can tell that he feels he is bigger then the club. fuck that. Goodbye bellamy, you will be missed ... but the time has come.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:26 am

I don't think it's fear of selling him to Spurs. It's more about taking a stand. It's clear to me now that he has been orchestrating a move to Spurs since last spring. Harry probably tapped him big time. Well we are not having it. We say his wages and we decide where and when he goes.

I like it. Club taking a stand against likes of Harry.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:41 am

I heard Bellamy used to send coded messages to the Germans during the war & was known to steal from old ladies after they'd looked after him them & given him cake. Not only that, but he was on the boat which brought the great plague to Britain in 1665. It's no surprise Mancini wanted him out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I heard Bellamy used to send coded messages to the Germans during the war & was known to steal from old ladies after they'd looked after him them & given him cake. Not only that, but he was on the boat which brought the great plague to Britain in 1665. It's no surprise Mancini wanted him out.

Me noticing him giving Harry a good licking after Spurs game wasn't exactly Alan Touring working with Enigma.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:42 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I don't think it's fear of selling him to Spurs. It's more about taking a stand. It's clear to me now that he has been orchestrating a move to Spurs since last spring. Harry probably tapped him big time. Well we are not having it. We say his wages and we decide where and when he goes.

I like it. Club taking a stand against likes of Harry.

this!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:12 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Im sure you said ages ago that it was a load of bolloks (words to that effect) the stories about a fall out between Bellers and Mancini.?...this was when I and others were stating that they never got on with each other.

Do you now believe this to be the case?

No actually I don't.There are always going to be "issues" around Bellamy because of the character he is but more so because of the way the media like to portray him and make more of things than is really there.So called incidents with Moyes and Redknapp were absolutely nothing and simply made into an issue by the media and a certain section of fans who like to shout about nothing when it concerns certain players.

Mancini kept picking him and he kept performing.Of course he wasn't the easiest player in the world but I believe he is quality in the dressing room and quality on the training ground and in matches.The latest Bellers interview isn't the reason he is on his way , it happened because he is on his way or knew that he would be.Not being selected for the squad is a surprise to me and many others but it's Mancini's considered choice bearing in mind all the new players coming in and the squad we now have plus also this quota crap.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

"High five" my arse. Where has this talk of a "high five" come from? I sat and watched the players leaving the field in close-up on Japanese telly and what they showed was Bellamy shaking twitchy's hand, smiling slightly then walking off in another direction scowling. And there was no talk of a high five in the thread that was opened at the time. So where has it come from?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:40 am

Maybe City also got sick and fucking tired of Harry's constant tapping up of Bellamy and will not sell to him out of principle?

Either way, good decision.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum