Wednesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby Beeks » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:32 am

RAG: guys.we all know it. Chelsea and Mourinho proved that money can buy you success under the right circumstances.
Until now, we have placated ourselves with the fact that the circumstances haven't been right for City, but there are numerous scenarios where the circumstnaces could become right and they go on to actually win a trophy.

football tends to have cycles, maybe we're on the decline, maybe we're not. finding out and being part of the journey is the exciting part.

But one thing the City fans can't change is that ALL of United's success was created with the club's own money - not a big sugar daddy.
Just like Chlsea, they will never get rid of that stain.
Sure, the rentboys and bitters won't care.

But neutrals who are true fans of football always acknowledge this.

They know the Glazers have added nothing to the team and that the nucleus of the current side were here before the Glazers.
Manchester United was built on the team's achievements on the field and superlative work off the field.

Man United is the self-made billionaire, who is temporarily stretched financially.
Man City is the hooker who got picked up by a rich dude.

[strike]WAG[/strike] RAG OF THE DAY

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Wednesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:39 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Image

RAG: guys.we all know it. Chelsea and Mourinho proved that money can buy you success under the right circumstances.
Until now, we have placated ourselves with the fact that the circumstances haven't been right for City, but there are numerous scenarios where the circumstnaces could become right and they go on to actually win a trophy.

football tends to have cycles, maybe we're on the decline, maybe we're not. finding out and being part of the journey is the exciting part.

But one thing the City fans can't change is that ALL of U***d's success was created with the club's own money - not a big sugar daddy.
Just like Chlsea, they will never get rid of that stain.
Sure, the rentboys and bitters won't care.

But neutrals who are true fans of football always acknowledge this.

They know the Glazers have added nothing to the team and that the nucleus of the current side were here before the Glazers.
Manchester U***d was built on the team's achievements on the field and superlative work off the field.

Man U***d is the self-made billionaire, who is temporarily stretched financially.
Man City is the hooker who got picked up by a rich dude.

[strike]WAG[/strike] RAG OF THE DAY

Yeah, because we're fucking great ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:45 am

If thats the case how come they are so massively in debt ?

Why can non of them ever come up with a better answer than "the glazers"

we all know that its because "despite being the most lucrative club in the world, we overspent massively during our purple patch, for the most part on absolute flops, and now we are suffering the consequences" but you never hear that do you? They just bleat on about chelsea and city outspending them and how they did it "the classy way" - fucking idiots, I would respect them more if they were more honest with themselves
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Scatman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 am

Svensational wrote:They never paid for any of their sucess, honest...

Dimitar Berbatov £30.75 million
Rio Ferdinand £29.1 million
Juan Sebastián Verón £28.1 million
Wayne Rooney £27 million
Ruud van Nistelrooy £19 million
Anderson £17.3million
Owen Hargreaves £17 million
Antonio Valencia £16 million
Nani £14.7 million
Michael Carrick £14 million

Thats only a list of the highest fees paid each year as well.

That wasn't really the point he was making was it?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue in the face » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 am

Do those wankers actually believe the bullshit these people write?

Their success may not have been the product of a billionaire, but the sheer fuckin luck that they got the best manager around and he stayed. He's their sugar daddy. On top of that there is the added money brought in from Europe that was available to only the top clubs. Money that enabled them to stay top.

Lets see how the fuckers fare when they eventually get squeezed out of the champs league piggy bank. Lets see how far they get on "ALL of U***d's success was created with the club's own money".

Cunts.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

You have to thank the Glazers. They over valued the club and borrowed at a ridiculous rate of interest. The debt and the interest on it is what fucks them up. The club generates huge amounts of cash but not enough to pay the Glazers fees, the interest and keep on investing in players. Its pretty simple. Without the Glazers we would have been playing catch up for much longer, even with the Sheikhs money. As it is they could do a Leeds quite easily, with the Glazers continuing to suck until the last drop is gone. Then, because so little of the money invested is actually their own, they can simply walk away and leave the banks, suppliers and bond holders to squabble over the diseased carcass that remains.

I think that the investment in City was particularly shrewd as the Sheikh's team realised how vulnerable they had become and saw the opportunity specifically with City because of that vulnerability.

The Salford club and the red scouse have historically been attractive to investors because of the almost guaranteed level of cash they generated but in neither case is that guaranteed any longer. City, Spurs and Villa are all knocking on the door. Only Arsenal of the old Sky 4 are financially sound and have major investors in the wings.

The rag post makes some valid points but ignores the outrageous truth behind the so called history and the way the club has benefited from the Munich air crash. But that was their Sheikh moment and now we have ours.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 am

I love the way they're already positioning themselves for their future role, even before we've won a single trophy. They're basically admitting that without being able to keep outspending everbody THEY'RE FUCKED. Their academy won't produce the players & they need to keep spending fortunes to stay on top.

Exactly what we've been telling them for the last 20 odd years.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blueyorkie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:34 am

No mention of the fact that the rags iof the 50's and 60's were supported on the back of the bent butcher who sold condemned meat to Manchester schools. Or that the modern day equivalent on the strength of the Sky money.
Thanks should go to Taggarts greed which has lead to the Irish selling them off to to the Glazers and as time goes by the rags lingering death will become even sweeter.
49 years and I'm still here
blueyorkie
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby ashton287 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 pm

i can't wait for the day we finish above them and a rag tell's me "it's only because you've spend loads of money"
"ermmmmm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i'd rather be a fucking whore with £500,000,000,000 in the bank than a moaning old tart signing on anyday".

Guy tailoring my suit is a villa fan, even he said he doesnt mind us buying there best players because the money we pay is over the odd's mostly it helps there club in the long run aswell. Ask a fan of nearly any club and they hate the rags full stop yet most dont mind chelsea so much and they are ALL sick of the "BIG FOUR". It's only the rags who give a shit about what were doing and maybe everton but they can go suck it the mithering little tramps

City are re-invigerating the premiership, turning it from a forgone conclusion into an exciting competition again. We give other clubs huge amounts for players that lets them buy new players and makes it a more interesting and competative league.
To the rest of the Premier league YOUR WELCOME.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Fullartj » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:04 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH they are such a pack of Cunts! They really feel that they have a god given right to win the leaguie every year. Up until a few years ago they could buy anyone that they wanted in the league and now that they don't have the money anymore they are just jealous.

I say long may it continue!
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby JonnyAsh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 pm

The thing with the Rags, is that their high transfer buys have been going on for years. I remember they broke the British transfer fee in 1981 paying £1.5 million for Robson, and that fee was so high that the record stood for 6 years.
Those rag twats are in total denial and as indicated above, their transfers have always been high...until now when they are broke!
It's called jealousy and envy
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby dario2739 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm

It makes me laugh reading articles like this... the self same fans that bleat on about history, then show they know nothing of their own. United have been bailed out numerous times throughout their history and relied on wealthy benefactors instead of earning it themselves... what pisses me off is that one of them was us!!! Giving them the best part of a championship winning team including Billy Meredith when we were busted by the FA for illegal payments.
And as JohnnyAsh pointed out the fee for Robson was a record... it may not look like a huge sum of money to us now, but back then it was a big deal. I'm pretty sure the Viv Anderson transfer was a record fee for a defender which they also broke again buying Pallister!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Blue in the face » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:56 pm

[quote="

Image[/quote]

The owners of this instituition should be locked up for dressing the patients in rags.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum