Brilliant post by a Citizen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Brilliant post by a Citizen

Postby Beeks » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Mate posted this up on his facebook status...he found it on another forum...enjoy!

The fans over in the Borough Of Trafford, repeat their mantra, 'been laughing at Citeh for 34 years'. Well apart from the fact that we've been lauging at ourselves for 34 years, so the knuckle-draggers over at Debt Central are hardly ... See moregoing to upset me, let's analyse this 'statement' in depth.

34 years takes us back to 1976. At that time the only Manchester based club in our county were the last to win the Division 1 title, that's what the Premiership used to be rags in case you're confused, the F.A. Cup, the League Cup and a major European honour.

Roll on from 1976-1989, the biggest, bestest and richest club in the world in that time managed to win two F.A. Cups, 77 & 85, more than Citeh, but for a club of your 'magnitude'-abysmal, along with being being humiliated at Maine Road when they though that they only had to turn up to win in September 1989.

The 'fergie out' campaign had begun in earnest.

Brings us to January 1990, a FA Cup tie at the City Ground, ferguson one game from the sack, and despite Forest ripping them apart, they fluked a winner.

So rags from 1976 to 1991 you were a little team with delusions of grandeur. You were nothing on the domestic scale, never mind the European one, but you've never been known for your humility and the knowledge the majority have of your club is minimal to say the least.

Now comes the turnaround and your 'golden age', all we hear from you is that we've spent self-generated income..Hmmmm... Lets' look at this shall we?

This was achieved primarily through a Stock Exchange Flotation in the immediate aftermath of the formation of the Premier League. Fantastic foresight by your board, it meant that you didn't have to sell rancid meat to local schools, and it gave you the resources to buy the best available at that point in time, significantly SKY TV were a major purchaser of the shares and consequently, your club were beamed into the living rooms of every armchair fan on a regular basis, with United receiving the associated revenue streams that went with this ‘promotion/advertising’ on such an enormous scale.

Following this initial promotion, Utd began a period of dominance unseen since Liverpool of the late 70’s and 80’s and the formation of the Champions League was even more instrumental in the clubs at the time creating the little cartel or G14 as it liked to be known. As long as Utd kept winning and constantly on television, you were guarenteed income, and furthermore, as long as the said cartels could carve up the golden goose between them, then stuff the rest of football. That is a fact. So when you bleat the pious mantra, 'City's money is unhealthy for football' think back. I know thinking is difficult for a lot of you, David Gill said so recently.

On the subject of David Gill, hehas pointed out recently, that the sales of your club shirts in the Asian market is one of THE major revenue streams into your club. Should City become as succesful, the fair-weathered elements, who have no affinity with the club, beyond wishing to bask in some reflected glory, will switch sides. On a recent visit to India, I noticed many locals in rag shirts, when I asked them how did they come to support them, the answer was that we see them on television winning all the time, but we quite like Chelsea too. Hmmm.

Furthermore, condescending comment of Sheikh Mansour being a ’sugar-daddy’ again smacks of pious, self-righteousness. I would argue that your club would love such an owner. One that is investing his ‘own’ money, not just into player transfer fees and wages, but also in the redevelopment of East Manchester, thus creating jobs and renovating one of the most deprived regions in the country. A fact missed by the anti-Manchester City media.

Which brings us to Platini and his proposals, which laughably, the rags agree with 100%'

Manchester City, should we become successful, and there is no reason why we shouldn’t, will become ’self-generating’, however, I will close with a few questions.

1-Should those clubs with significant debt be barred from European Competition and unable to purchase players until the debt is cleared in full? Whether that debt is being serviced is a moot point.

2-Do you seriously think that UEFA will be allowed to continue with Platini’s proposals? The player quota scheme has already been thrown in the bin following an EU directive stating it restricts player freedom as well as being unethical.

3-Sheikh Mansour is an extremely intelligent man and he is completely and utterly committed to making Manchester City the best club in the world. Do you really believe that he will just lie back and accept these nonsensical proposals, proposals that allow the accumulation of debt to go unchallenged and punish those that are putting liquidity into the game?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Brilliant post by a Citizen

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Amen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Really good post that IBH
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby SORTED » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:50 pm

A fantastic little riposte if I ever saw one. Thanks IBH.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Great post.

One problem. Far too much logic and common sense in there for a Rag Fan to comprehend!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Burt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Good un Bish. I may use this quite a bit in the next few days if you don't mind mate:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:50 pm

blues-clues wrote:Great post.

One problem. Far too much logic and common sense in there for a Rag Fan to comprehend!

becuase you just know that any rag is going to go all Vicky Pollard on your arse "but yeah but no, but yeah"
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Really good post that one with plenty of good comments stored to the old memory bank
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Crossie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Copied and pasted to my facebook too, i hope your mate doesnt mind
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:creating jobs and renovating one of the most deprived regions in the country.

Fucking hell, they are giving Liverpool a makeover too?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum