Some Wednesday Ballacks

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Some Wednesday Ballacks

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 am

No Chinners this morning so a quick copy and paste from auntie Beeb!

Spain striker Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he will not discuss his future until after he has had a holiday following the World Cup. Torres is wanted by Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona - although no official bids have been made.
The Sun

BC says (He's leaving, just a question of where. No way a buyer for the club will come in before the end of the transfer window)

Arsenal are ready to pay £20m for German playmaker Mesut Ozil, having trailed the 21-year-old for months. Ozil has one year left on his contract at Werder Bremen.
Daily Star

BC says ( Bargain. C'mon City finger out time)

Manchester City have been linked with a £16.5m move for Cologne's Germany forward Lukas Podolski.
Daily Mail

BC says ( Would be nice to have two world cup winners in the team !)

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is lining up a £13m move for FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz.
Daily Mirror

BC Says ( Guess this confirms that Torres is gone)

Manchester United have made discreet enquiries about the possibility of signing Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, who they were keen on recruiting before he moved to Spain from French side Lyon.
Full story: Daily Mirror

BC says ( Discreet means, hello can we have Benzema for nowt cos we have no money!)

Sunderland are exploring the possibility of a season-long loan deal for Ghana's young striker Dominic Adiyiah, who is at AC Milan.
Full story: Daily Mail

BC says ( Aahh Sunderland wary of falling for the old World Cup performance of a lifetime then go back to sleep scenario)

Portsmouth left-back Lenny Sowah has rejected a move to Wigan in favour of a switch to German side Hamburg.
BC says ( Hmmm Wigan or Hamburg Wigan or Hamburg... I know Wig.....er actually fuck it Hamburg)

West Ham are expecting a bid from Aston Villa for Scott Parker. The Hammers are bracing themselves for the move when Villa midfielder James Milner makes his expected £25m switch to Manchester City.
Full story: The Sun

BC Says ( Dont hold your breath. City should walk away from this before it gets silly. Milner is bad value above £20m)

Villa manager Martin O'Neill, who accepts he is fighting a losing battle to keep Milner, is ready to strike a £30m deal with City for the England international. He wants £15m and Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha in return.

Full story: Daily Star

BC says ( Fuck off O'Neil. If Milner is worth 30, Ned is worth 12 and Superman at least the same. Milner is not worth it. Walk away Marwood)

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has held fresh talks with Robbie Keane about a possible loan return for the Spurs striker. (Various)
Celtic have opened talks with Scunthorpe over a £2m deal for striker Gary Hooper. (Scottish Daily Mail)
BC doesn't care

OTHER GOSSIP
England boss Fabio Capello's frustration with his side's performances apparently surfaced before the World Cup had started, when he smashed a glass tray in anger at half-time of the warm-up match with Platinum All-Stars.
Injured onlooker Michael Ballack has been ousted from the Germany's World Cup camp after a big rift with current captain Philipp Lahm, who insists he will not give the armband back to the former Chelsea star when he is fit again. The midfielder joined up with the squad last week to act as a cheerleader - but will not be present for the semi-final against Spain.
Full story: The Sun
England Under-21 defender Dan Gosling has walked out on Everton for nothing because the club failed to put a new contract offer to him in writing. Everton made a verbal offer to Gosling but the Premier League sided with the player because of the club's administrative error.
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says Uruguayan World Cup star Diego Forlan - who left Old Trafford in 2004 after an unsuccessful spell - could have been a Red Devils hero and the club sold him too cheaply. Full story: Daily Mirror
France captain Patrice Evra has been ¬handed a month off by his Manchester United manager Sir Alex ¬Ferguson to help him recover from his World Cup nightmare and marathon season - one more week than other United players who starred in South Africa.
Full story: Daily Star
West Ham co-owner David Sullivan insists that he wants to retain the services of Robert Green despite the goalkeeper's blunder against the United States at the World Cup.
Full story: The Guardian
AND FINALLY
American space agency Nasa has joined in the criticism of the Jabulani World Cup ball. Aerodynamic experts from Nasa's Ames Investigation Centre stated the ¬Jabulani becomes unpredictable at speeds above 44 mph and also blamed the ball's light weight of only 440g for its poor flight and lack of ¬consistency - known as the 'knuckle effect'.
Germany's Mesut Ozil has ridiculed England for saying they were bored between games in South Africa. Ozil said: "If you find the greatest tournament on earth boring, then you probably shouldn't be there."
Last edited by blues-clues on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Re: Some Wednesday Ballacks

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:22 am

blues-clues wrote:
Manchester City have been linked with a £16.5m move for Cologne's Germany forward Lukas Podolski.
Daily Mail

Yyyynnggghhh...... although I shouldn't probably say anything about Podolski, being a MOD and all. In fact, I just wait to see what majority think about him. Majority are always right.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:31 am

Injured onlooker Michael Ballack has been ousted from the Germany's World Cup camp after a big rift with current captain Philipp Lahm, who insists he will not give the armband back to the former Chelsea star when he is fit again. The midfielder joined up with the squad last week to act as a cheerleader - but will not be present for the semi-final against Spain.

Complete lie. He left because he needs further treatment on his injury which he cannot get in South Africa.

There is no big rift.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 am

Lahm
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby razor400 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:49 am

Heres why we really love Chinners Bollox

[urlnp=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413668-2010-fifa-world-cup-wag-of-the-day-zaira-nara-diego-forln-argentina]Wag of the Day[/urlnp]
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Chinners » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:20 am

Good work BC & Razor, thanks

Sorry for my tardyness this morning folks, unavoidable crisis on at the mo. . . .
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:21 am

avoidconfusion wrote:

Complete lie. He left because he needs further treatment on his injury which he cannot get in South Africa.

There is no big rift.

Thanks for the inside track on Daily Lahm.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:33 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

There is no big rift.

Nice pic of Philipp here,obviously he is on the left.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:38 am

blues-clues wrote:Germany's Mesut Ozil has ridiculed England for saying they were bored between games in South Africa. Ozil said: "If you find the greatest tournament on earth boring, then you probably shouldn't be there."

Spot on Ozil, stupid arse england should be shot
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:56 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

There is no big rift.

Nice pic of Philipp here,obviously he is on the left.

A pic of Stephen Hawkins would've been more appropriate.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Vhero » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:59 am

blues-clues wrote:
Daily Mail

Yyyynnggghhh...... although I shouldn't probably say anything about Podolski, being a MOD and all. In fact, I just wait to see what majority think about him. Majority are always right.

Fuck what others think mate say what you want MOD or not.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:20 am

blues-clues wrote:
Daily Mail

Lukasz "GERMAN?!" Podolski would've been a cracking signing 18 months ago. We're doing a bit better than that now and he'd be squad fodder/Europa starter at best. That said, he is one of those players that I've always wanted to see have a crack at the PL and I admire his out-left-or-right-up-top versatility. I'd be happy if he came.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:48 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
blues-clues wrote:
Daily Mail

Lukasz "GERMAN?!" Podolski would've been a cracking signing 18 months ago. We're doing a bit better than that now and he'd be squad fodder/Europa starter at best. That said, he is one of those players that I've always wanted to see have a crack at the PL and I admire his out-left-or-right-up-top versatility. I'd be happy if he came.

Podolski is fucking ace.
he'd be starting on the left of a midfield 5 for me.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
blues-clues wrote:
Daily Mail

Podolski is good for Germany.....in club football he is godawfull. And I don't mean "not really that good" but completely shite.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:25 pm

tis true
he hasn't mustered much since he left cologne the first time - absolute disaster at Bayern Munich

I wish we would stop all this nonsense and sign Dzeko
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:28 pm

We were linked with Pod last year, or was it the year before? Old agent talk.

I honestly think our striker signing is waiting for the Torres situation. If he says 'no' then it will be Dzeko, except that I'm not really sure where we stand wrt Ibrahimovic. He may be number 2 on the list.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 pm

You are so pathetic, honestly. And you call yourself a Mod/Admin... you're a childish twat and that's about it.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum