*** Official Uruguay v Holland Semi-finals thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Uruguay v Holland Semi-finals thread ***

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:55 am

avoidconfusion wrote:That is the one thing that really baffles me. Van Bommel gets away with MURDER in every game... now he got booked at the last kick of the game when it doesn't even matter anymore when really he should probably not even be on the pitch anymore.

sounds like Didi Hamann
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:56 am

dazby wrote:They have been brillo and a joy to watch. Especially when they've had to put up with Kuyt pretending to be a footballer. At this stage I'd normally be wanting them to win but I have a hard on for the Spanish at the moment and have staked my life on them winning the whole shebang.

It's true....them playing with Kuyt is almost like playing with 10 men

he has looked fucking hopeless.....and bar the header (which was top top class) Robben couldn't finish his dinner last night.

I have to say, I bloody love Weasley Sneijder....what a player.

Very happy for the Dutch and we now have TWO MANCHESTER CITY PLAYERS POTENTIALLY APPEARING IN THE WORLD CUP FINAL?!??!?!?

(I can't see De Zeeeeeuuuuw keeping Nigel out of the team on Sunday, he wasn't a patch on the Wrinkly Dog, and I should think he'll still be having his teeth/nose sorted after someone karate kid'd him in the mush)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:18 am

ant london wrote:
dazby wrote:They have been brillo and a joy to watch. Especially when they've had to put up with Kuyt pretending to be a footballer. At this stage I'd normally be wanting them to win but I have a hard on for the Spanish at the moment and have staked my life on them winning the whole shebang.

he has looked fucking hopeless.....and bar the header (which was top top class) Robben couldn't finish his dinner last night.

Very happy for the Dutch and we now have TWO MANCHESTER CITY PLAYERS POTENTIALLY APPEARING IN THE WORLD CUP FINAL?!??!?!?

(I can't see De Zeeeeeuuuuw keeping Nigel out of the team on Sunday, he wasn't a patch on the Wrinkly Dog, and I should think he'll still be having his teeth/nose sorted after someone karate kid'd him in the mush)

You two are crazy. Kuyt has been very valuable for the Dutch team this WC. Sure Elia and van der Vaart might be more exciting to watch, but none of them do such a great job for the team. Football is not only about going forward (which Kuyt's done brilliantly by the way - he's been behind a big part of the Dutch goals this tournament).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 am

mr_nool wrote:
ant london wrote:

You two are crazy. Kuyt has been very valuable for the Dutch team this WC. Sure Elia and van der Vaart might be more exciting to watch, but none of them do such a great job for the team. Football is not only about going forward (which Kuyt's done brilliantly by the way - he's been behind a big part of the Dutch goals this tournament).

I was quietly following that discussion and found it somewhat bizarre. Kuyt has been nothing short of excellent thoughout the tournament. He actually carries the team during the rough spells in game. Would be close to being in the team of the tournament for me.

But hey, I'm A MOD and I'm not supposed to say my opinion, which according to master tacticians Ant and Original Dub would be wrong anyway, so I just try to keep out of the way of these football masterminds.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:00 am

A great article about tildsley having to do the commentry solo due to begleys sudden illness
well worth a read !
http://danielmaier.posterous.com/jim-jim
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
ant london wrote:

I was quietly following that discussion and found it somewhat bizarre. Kuyt has been nothing short of excellent thoughout the tournament. He actually carries the team during the rough spells in game. Would be close to being in the team of the tournament for me.

But hey, I'm A MOD and I'm not supposed to say my opinion, which according to master tacticians Ant and Original Dub would be wrong anyway, so I just try to keep out of the way of these football masterminds.

He is the dutch Paul Dickov. I am not blind to his workrate and the space he's created for others, but on a skill level- he really is laughable.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum