David Platt on SSN

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: David Platt on SSN

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Can we just have a cunt thread?

xx

Great idea!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

wasn't there a rumour he was joining mancini's team when mancio took over ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:No actually you're right. He's a cunt and it's worthy of telling everyone else. As are Merson, Lawro, Stelling, The Mirror, Rags, anyone who played in a U***d shirt (apart from those that also played in a City shirt), Adebayor, Ferguson, Hanson (the man), The Sun, The Times, Garth Crooks, Garry Cook, Green, Brazil, Lineker, Talksport, Redknapp, The Telegraph, Hince, MEN...

Can we just have a cunt thread? I'll happily put myself in there before anyone makes that quip. There then might be some free room for a small amount of topics which aren't just a tirade of abuse aimed at media personalities that will never hear or give two shits about what you think of them.

xx

You actually believe there is little or no room for other topics?

Why don't you start a topic purely for one-liners that give out about all the other topics on the board. That way, there won't be a one liner in every single thread from you, giving out about said thread?

OR, and here's a real novel idea.....

If you see a thread title that bores you, don't open it.

Some people like certain threads that are started, some just don't, but the idea is to try to create serious debate/fun/information that can get the forum contributing in some fashion. When you've actually tried to create ONE of these elements in ONE thread, rather than snipe at those who have attempted to, then maybe you'd have a leg to stand on.

Until you think you're capable of doing so, then maybe you should just fire away with your idea of a cunt thread, because mate.... at least you're trying to create something.

Remember, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.... but it can be a little annoying if the only contribution one of the supposed cooks makes is to point out that you broke another egg.

xx
Original Dub

Postby AlpsMaster » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 pm

He did once score a great goal for England though so he has a licence to talk shite for the rest of his life.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby glossopblue » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 pm

on a par with bacon!!!
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:13 pm

I like threads slagging off journos & David Platt. I'd like to put him in the stocks & have a sponsored competition for charity to see for how many days people could continuously welly footballs at his head & try to get in the Guiness book of records for continuously wellying a football at David Platts head then try to beat the new record after a good night's kip.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Someone should show City/ Mancini this thread so he gets a better understanding about what kind of prick he actually hired.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby btajim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:33 pm

CityGer wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:He really is an odious human being. I dont go in for all the 'he hate city' nonsense when someone has a go at us but David Platt really is the worst football pundit about. He offers nothing that me, you or my dead gran could not tell you. He's as bland as Jamie Redknapp who at least is there for the mums to coo over.

There is one thing that sums up David Platts footballing knowledge. He told SWP he was not good enough to make it in the Championship and released him. Five years later Nottingham Forrest were in div 2 due the the massive debts he ran up and City sold SWP for nearly 30 million which would have whipped there debt and then some.

That's a fairly comprehensive, accurate summary of the situation.

Agree with the number of journo/pundit bashing threads too. We are becoming a rather sensetive lot.

I agree with what Ross says but I think Journo bashing is a fairly comprehensive thing in Football. Most people hate Lawro and Adrian Durham is victim of a hate campaign at Hereford United etc. He said some snide / snobbish things about using loan signings.

Besides, these personalities put themselves on the line by making their comments so public and we deserve a right of reply. Will they jump off their wallets?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:21 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Someone should show City/ Mancini this thread so he gets a better understanding about what kind of prick he actually hired.

Someone at city should have read this forum before hiring the cunt.

This isn't the first time platt has come up on here and not one positive word has ever been uttered about him by a city fan.

Infact i'm pretty sure i personally went on a huge rant on here about him when he was commentating on one of our games during the sven era.

HE NEVER HAS ONE POSITIVE WORD TO SAY ABOUT THIS CLUB. EVER.

Poor move city.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum