Glazers £1.1billion in debt.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Glazers £1.1billion in debt.

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:48 pm

If you remember back to what happened at Leeds, i think there was a lot of 'that wont happen to such an important club'.
But it did. The key thing is the tipping point.. if the Glazers keep allowing the debt to rise without doing something structural to curb it, then at some point the debt will outstrip both the capacity for them to pay it and at the same time any sensible interest in taking them over and taking on that debt. However big they are, if they take it to the point where they are starting to be in trouble they wont find any buyers or 'rescuers' and then they are in the territory Leeds found themselves.

Now we are seeing more of the story coming out of Liverpool and it is obvious to connect the struggles that have gone on with the owners to the poor overall performance on the pitch.

There is a tipping point for all organisations, regardless of how big or 'safe' they are or appear.. if it isn't respected or events mean control of the situation is lost.. anything can happen.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 pm

When/If the scum get into financial trouble then the government will step in, guarenteed. Unfortunately they will never be allowed to collapse. The prick who spent good licence payers money on this report is a scum fan himself, based in London of course. and has stated he will not renew his season ticket. Like he fuckin has one anyway!
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:40 pm

By season ticket he means Sky Sport subscription - I bet he's really rebelling by not renewing his ESPN subscription on top of it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Fish111 wrote:When/If the scum get into financial trouble then the government will step in, guarenteed. Unfortunately they will never be allowed to collapse. The prick who spent good licence payers money on this report is a scum fan himself, based in London of course. and has stated he will not renew his season ticket. Like he fuckin has one anyway!

well the report aside, the Glazers have published the debt as 1.1Billion, i see now they have come out with the statement that the assets are worth 2 Billion.

that of course is their own estimate.. and at current valuation of those assets. If they have overestimated the value of the assets and some of those assets fall in value and they dont address an increasing Debt they will become steadily more unattractive to investors and buyers.

If they dont win anything this coming season, then they might find themselves with things closing in rather than looking expansive.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Vhero » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:12 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Fish111 wrote:When/If the scum get into financial trouble then the government will step in, guarenteed. Unfortunately they will never be allowed to collapse. The prick who spent good licence payers money on this report is a scum fan himself, based in London of course. and has stated he will not renew his season ticket. Like he fuckin has one anyway!

well the report aside, the Glazers have published the debt as 1.1Billion, i see now they have come out with the statement that the assets are worth 2 Billion.

that of course is their own estimate.. and at current valuation of those assets. If they have overestimated the value of the assets and some of those assets fall in value and they dont address an increasing Debt they will become steadily more unattractive to investors and buyers.

If they dont win anything this coming season, then they might find themselves with things closing in rather than looking expansive.

Indeed those assets of 2 billion are there ENTIRE assets though which is more than just the scum. Each of those have debt on too. How are these guys still doing business?? They are gonna live on loans till they die. Dodgy as they come they are. They build an entire empire on debt and everytime they look to be going under they buy something else with money they don't even have to fund there existing debt and the banks let them. They live the life of luxury.. They die and some poor cunts have to pick up the pieces..

Eventually they will either die or the banks will eat them alive....
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

CitizenYank wrote:Rolling Stone? Really? That's like trying to find the Engine Specs on a
2007 Chevy Silverado in Mother Jones magazine.

I mean not to bash Rolling Stones chameleon like ability to transform any
corpo-garbage pop into accepted journalistic cheese wiz, but the US economy??

Jann Wenner's tampon FONT is still under the assumption that Bush is still in office
and conservatives are out pooring sugar in Obama's gas tank (literally and figuratively.)
I can't wait for the connect the dots puzzle on how the BP oil tragedy is related
to Malcolm Glazer's hair jell.

The last time Rolling Stone did any in depth journalism is when they put that cross dresser Lady Gaga
on the cover. His/her ugliness is on scale with Man _____'s IOU output.

yr wide of the mark on both counts in relation to the article i cited and Gaga.

Sorry, dipshit.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby JonnyAsh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
The Glazer family's ability to keep control of Manchester U***d is in doubt again after it emerged the American owners are struggling with debts of £1.1billion.

The revelations, to be made by BBC's Panorama programme on Tuesday night, expose £400million of previously unknown debt and cast more uncertainty over how much money manager Sir Alex Ferguson will be given to strengthen his squad this summer.

The programme Man Utd - Into the Red centres on the Glazers' ailing shopping-mall empire, run by their company First Allied Corporation, and is based on the findings of City analyst Andy Green, a U***d supporter who has joined the anti-Glazer green and gold campaign.

Green said: 'The Glazers have called the US property market appallingly badly. They borrowed more money at inflated valuations right at the top of the cycle.

'These are people who tell us not to worry about Manchester U***d debt because they are great businessmen. In their core business in the US they got it absolutely wrong.'

Green found the Glazers owe almost £400m on mortgages on 63 of their 64 shopping malls. Many were taken out with Lehman Brothers before the company went bust, triggering the global recession in 2008.

Green's findings also show that many of the malls fail to generate enough income to cover the mortgage, and he claims the Glazers have been so badly caught out by the collapse in US commercial property values that some of their properties are in negative equity.

The banks are so worried about the loans that 28 of First Allied's shopping centres have been put on a 'watch list', and Green discovered that four have gone bust in the last two years.

On one property alone owned by First Allied -Crosswoods Commons in Columbus, Ohio - the Glazers have negative equity of more than £1.4m after the receiver who took control of the site in February admitted he was struggling to find a buyer in the recession and expects to sell for less than £1m.

Green said: 'Around a quarter of them cannot pay the interest on their mortgages already. Another quarter are coming off interest-free deals and, when those interest-free deals end, those shopping centres won't be able to pay their mortgages either.

'So the whole thing adds up to a real cash-flow problem for the Glazer family.'

As well as showing their present financial difficulties in America, the investigation also raises a question mark about the Glazers' takeover of U***d in 2005.

The family borrowed £500m to buy the club and paid the remaining £272m in cash, but Green has discovered that they remortgaged 25 of their shopping centres in the six months before the takeover.

He said: 'One has to ask: was the cash they put into Manchester U***d just debt, but from somewhere else?'

The Glazers' leveraged buy-out of U***d has since plunged the club £700m into the red. Combined with the £70m the family owe against their NFL team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, news of First Allied's £400m debt pushes the total past the £1bn mark.

The key issue hanging over the Glazers, say Panorama, is how they continue to service their debts. With some of U***d's payment in kind (PIK) loans soon to be charged at a toxic 16.25 per cent, it questions whether the Glazers can stay in control even though they maintain the club are not for sale in the face of public interest from the Red Knights consortium.

The Glazers declined to comment about First Allied. A spokesman has said the family do have debts of at least £1bn but added they have assets worth more than double that.

However, Panorama also point out that Tampa Bay are in the bottom three of the NFL's wage table, while U***d have yet to make a major signing since Cristiano Ronaldo was sold to Real Madrid for £80m a year ago amid doubts over Ferguson's transfer budget.

U***d claim the manager has access to up to £100m for new players, and chief executive David Gill has insisted the PIK repayments have nothing to do with the club.

When asked about counter- claims by a Glazer source that the family may indeed use the club's money to pay off those loans in the future, a U***d spokesman said: 'The club stand by everything David Gill told BBC radio and that the PIKs have no recourse to the club's assets.'

Neither the Premier League, the FA or new sports minister Hugh Robertson were willing to be interviewed by Panorama.

But Wigan chairman Dave Whelan, who considered buying a majority stake in U***d for just £11m 20 years ago, said: 'I don't think anybody can be satisfied with how Manchester U***d are being run because we're talking of three-quarters of a billion pounds of debt.

'That can't be the right thing to do and cannot be the right thing for professional football in the UK.'

Panorama: 'Man Utd – Into the Red' will be shown on BBC1 on Tuesday at 10.35pm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1284528/Revealed-The-Glazer-familys-staggering-1-1billion-debt-stun-Manchester-U***d-fans.html

I wouldn't necessarily agree there, I think they are being run just fine, keep up the good work!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 am

It never rains but it pours:

http://www.cityam.com/news-and-analysis ... ew-tickets

Man United fans slow to renew tickets

MANCHESTER United owners the Glazer family continued their miserable week with news that only a third of the clubs fans have renewed their season tickets.

With just four days remaining before the deadline imposed by the the club, only 18,000 of United’s 54,000 strong season ticket base have renewed their seats.

United fans are renowned for leaving it until the last minute before they sign-up for another season but City A.M. understands the number at this time last year was around 30,000.

Fans hope the numbers reflect a growing protest against the American owners, who have saddled the club with more than £700m of debt.

Supporters group Must are understood to hope as many as 15,000 fans will forgo their tickets this year in a bid to force the Glazers to sell their stake in the club.

More misery was heaped on the family last night with the screening of a documentary revealing an extra £400m of previously undisclosed debt tied to the family’s US business interests.

Despite this they maintain Old Trafford is not for sale and will not consider a fans’ bid of around £1bn
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby chemicalboy99 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:19 am

Even so we still have to fear this mighty warchest they apparantly have what with the £80Million raised from the Ronaldo deal and the £47Million we gave them for Tevez (copyright...Daily Mirror).

Just wait until there's "value" in the market and be awestruck.
Image Boj is back!!
chemicalboy99
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby john68 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 am

I do hope the Tevez statement was ironic mate cos we never paid the rags a penny for Tevez. He wasn't theirs to sell and the Trannie cash seems to have been absorbed into the debt paying system...or someone's pocket.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby SORTED » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:13 am

john68 wrote:I do hope the Tevez statement was ironic mate cos we never paid the rags a penny for Tevez. He wasn't theirs to sell and the Trannie cash seems to have been absorbed into the debt paying system...or someone's pocket.

D'oh.
SORTED

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 am

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum