Kaka, now with more Kaka.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kaka, now with more Kaka.

Postby Slim » Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 am

KAKA: QUALIFICATION CAN HELP TO BUILD ‘SUPER TEAM’

KAKA: No regrets about rejecting City

KAKA, the superstar who snubbed Manchester City, believes tonight’s game is the gateway to glory for the winners.

The money and prestige of the Champions League will mean that City, and Tottenham, will have the opportunity to buy some of the best players in the world.

Kaka turned down City’s audacious £100million approach 18 months ago, then left AC Milan for Real Madrid in the summer. But now he thinks players of the calibre of Fernando Torres, Gianluigi Buffon, Sergio Aguero and Maicon will be interested in joining either club.

“The match between City and Spurs is so much more important than three points,” he said. “If City win it they can start their journey to becoming a super club.

“I have said that you couldn’t buy history but if City start qualifying for the Champions League, they can start creating their own history. And with the resources they have, they can create a super team very quickly.

“In World Cup year players’ price-tags will always go rapidly up if they have a good tournament and City will probably be one of only a few teams in the world who will be able to afford the crazy prices.

“If they beat Tottenham and ultimately get Champions League football then we can expect some of the world’s best to move to them in the summer.” Mark Hughes wanted to link Kaka with his fellow Brazilian Robinho who has since moved back to Santos on loan.

But Kaka, who has had an indifferent first season with Real, insists he has no regrets about rejecting City.

He said: “It wasn’t the right time and I always said I wouldn’t leave Milan unless they wanted me to.

“When Madrid wanted me and Milan accepted, it was the right choice for me because they are the most famous club in the world, but I would never dream of going to a club that wasn’t playing in the European Cup, no matter what the contract was.

“Most players think like this – that’s why City must get fourth place. If they do, they can be among the top teams in Europe within three years with their spending power.”

He added: “I am not their coach, I can’t say who they should sign, but Torres would be a great buy for them.

“He is proven in the Premier League and I guess he will want to be playing Champions League football and be at a club that has serious ambition. Like one or two other clubs in the world, City can bid fees clubs can’t turn down. After that, it’s up to them to convince the players it’s the club to sign for – and the way to convince them is offering Champions League football.”

Kaka believes City must strengthen their defence, not just their attack, if they want to gatecrash the Premier League title race next season.

City opted for Carlos Tevez after Kaka’s snub, but the Brazilian said: “Like all great clubs who win things, it’s important to build from the back. They could have Adebayor, Torres, Aguero, whoever, in the same team, but unless you have a defence that the rest of the team trusts, you are never going to win a title or European Cup.

“If they make fourth then Buffon, Maicon and players of that quality will suddenly be on their radar and that is when the rest of Europe will sit up and take notice.

“Their next match is so big, but I think they will probably win it. If they do, then it will be the start of a new and very big era for them.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... per-team-/

It's so much fun isn't it? When we are on the verge of qualification we see who is backtracking to put themselves in the frame for a transfer.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Kaka, now with more Kaka.

Postby guv111 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:00 am

What is it with Brazilians and City? If they're not slagging us off to anyone who will listen, they're saying they have "no regrets" about not signing for us. I think we moved on from our brief flirtation with Kaka some time ago: he should do the same. Ah, career footballers - so, so capricious...
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 05, 2010 6:01 am

"History" and "Champion's League" don't mix too well together. Champion's League is infant compared to history of football.But that would probably be too complicated concept for these mongtards.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Wed May 05, 2010 7:23 am

Ah would still love him at our club even after what he did and he supposedly isn't getting along well at Real Madrid so if we offer them the money they paid we could have a chance especially if Mourinho takes over.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beeks » Wed May 05, 2010 7:32 am

Hahaha

Kaka 'angling' for a move to City...you couldn't make it up!!

Can't believe how far we have come!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 05, 2010 8:28 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Hahaha

Kaka 'angling' for a move to City...you couldn't make it up!!

Can't believe how far we have come!

I know. The fact that he's been sat there in Madrid studying which areas we need to strengthen for next season! Ha ha. Then we got one story after another from Harry; 'City did this...blah blah', 'City will win the title blah blah', 'City are under pressure blah blah' 'City, City, City'

Meanwhile what have City had to say about Spurs? Fuck all. Times are definitely changing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ashton287 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:45 am

KAKA who, on 8 goals this season so far isnt he???

he'll be back at sau paulo FC next year on loan, meanwhile a £120 million bid for messi is looking like a good idea then they can use that money to buy shrek, 2 birds with one big pile of money
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Mike J » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 am

i hold no grudge against kaka for rejecting us. it wasnt exactly a suprise. he is a fantastic player and i would absolutely love to see him in a city shirt one day.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed May 05, 2010 9:03 am

Fuck off u twat. You wasted your chance.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 am

He blatently has regrets. You can tell.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Slim » Wed May 05, 2010 9:10 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:He blatently has regrets. You can tell.

No he doesn't, it says on the second line.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Blood » Wed May 05, 2010 10:20 am

Slim wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:He blatently has regrets. You can tell.

No he doesn't, it says on the second line.

Not direct quote though.

Still i'd never be shocked if he wanted to move here now, after all its well known how badly his move to Real Madrid has turned out, poor form on the pitch, huge clashing of ego's amongst other squad members, fans turning against him, the guy wants a move thats for sure.

Where though, who knows! There's only a handful of clubs who could afford to take him.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed May 05, 2010 11:46 am

Why would he have regrets? He's at one of the biggest clubs in the world playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Raul and Casillas. Why would he want to trade that in so he can scrap for 4th place with Micah Richards, Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge and moody twats like Bellamy, Tevez and Ade?
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Return to The Maine Football forum