Training Tuesday 4/5

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 4/5

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue May 04, 2010 11:50 am

Warm sunny day at Carrington so nothing too hard for the players today. Good to see Barry back in full training but still no Ireland and Lescott was out working 1 to 1 and looking fine. All the usual warm up stuff and a little time behind the fence as a full squad with Mancini before they had a 9 a side game on half a pitch.

They all took part in the game apart from Tevez ,NDJ and AJ. Nothing wrong with any of them from what I saw in the keep ball circle fun so no doubt their stats indicated not too much work was right for them today.A couple of nice early goals from RSC cancelled out by Ibrahim and SWP.The latter an easy set up by Bellers who immediately berated somebody on not getting a pass or some movement quite right.And that's after they scored!

The game didn't last long and half then went straight in whilst Mancini took all the defenders aside for a long talking to. No doubt all about expectations and plans for tomorrow but nothing actually done with the ball. RSC and Ade did a little shooting practice and Vieira was doing a little stamina work with a physio watching closely.

Nothing left now but to beat Spurs.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 4/5

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 04, 2010 11:56 am

Nicely written without revealing any secrets to Twitchy's spies!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:59 am

Cheers for that Doug.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mike J » Tue May 04, 2010 12:01 pm

it must be a nightmare training with bellers sometimes!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

cheers DH.

Do you think the players are fazed by the possible implications of winning/losing this game, does the atmosphere feel like we're gearing up to a cup final? Or just another day at training?

Cheers

LB2
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue May 04, 2010 12:14 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

cheers DH.

Do you think the players are fazed by the possible implications of winning/losing this game, does the atmosphere feel like we're gearing up to a cup final? Or just another day at training?

Cheers

LB2

I didn't detect any tenseness at all in the group. A fair bit of fun and banter going on in the keep ball stuff and generally a very good atmosphere.More of just another day than anything special.All the work and talking has been done and now it's crunch time. No need for anything too strenuous or risk taking at the last minute in training.

The doc was targeted early on when there were just 3 passing in a triangle and the pass to him seemed always a little stronger than the rest.(by Tevez)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

cheers DH.

Cheers

LB2

I didn't detect any tenseness at all in the group. A fair bit of fun and banter going on in the keep ball stuff and generally a very good atmosphere.More of just another day than anything special.All the work and talking has been done and now it's crunch time. No need for anything too strenuous or risk taking at the last minute in training.

The doc was targeted early on when there were just 3 passing in a triangle and the pass to him seemed always a little stronger than the rest.(by Tevez)

Cool, I was kinda hoping there would by a more stern proffessional 'lets get the job done' kinda attitude as apose to the laid back fun style if you know what I mean? But I guess the result on the day is the main thing.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Whassat » Tue May 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Cheers Doug. The whole season boils down to these two coming games, two must win games if we are to play CL football next year. Come on City!
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby john68 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Cheers Douglas...was Walshie the sewer rat there?...:-)

I don't think we should have to worry too much about our lads freezing over the next 2 games. This stuff may be new to most fans but most of our players have been involved in major shit before, so should cope easily with the hype and tension.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby walshawblue » Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

ha ha know what you mean John.Wont be doing that again
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Blood » Tue May 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Cheers doug, top quality as always mate :D
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Svensational wrote:Cheers Doug, will training be on tomorrow as well!?

My guess is they might turn up at Carrington but they won't do any training. A little tactical walk though a couple of things at most.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 pm

in a lot of ways it looks to me like the team really enjoy the big games and the chance to prove themselves.

it is easy to get sucked in and not see the wood for the trees during a season, but this still a new team and they have a lot to prove. They are all here to try and turn City into a force.. not just have a good season and sneak into Europa League and pat each other on the back. They are not trying to play above themselves or punch above their weight or overachieve.. they want to build a platform of solid professional quality.

A lot of pundits and other managers are saying that if City get into the CL they will then go on to grab the title in 3 or 4 years because we will go and buy a load more players.. but we dont need to buy a load more players, just some key additions and cover. The team we have has only just started to look like a proper team.. and i am going to defy anyone who thinks they know what this current set are capable of based on what we have seen already. If we are only just starting to get it right.. and we have already scared the shit out of Chelsea twice, Arsenal twice, the rags are scared enough to take us very seriously indeed.. all before we really got our act together.

How do you think Chelsea and Arsenal are feeling about meeting us next season?
and that is before they like the rest of us see what this lot are capable of and get strengthened in the summer.

sorry to go on a bit and be off topic a bit, but look at the game tomorrow as a game between one team that is doing very well and has built upon doing well last season under old 'arry.. but they have achieved their long term 'trajectory' .. their work is to try and get 'on form' so they can sustain winning runs etc.. but the point is they know what they are about in terms of momentum.
The other team has only recently started to function properly as a team.. so the 'trajectory' if you graphed it out is only just starting on a rise.. City have been underachieving if you like.. and it is only now that we will see what they are capable of.. and it will now only be next season that we will see what that capabilty is in the context of a whole season.

Football is football so anything can happen in a one off game, but if we look back at this moment next year im betting that we will see as City and Spurs 'trajectories' cross it is the point where ours starts on a steep rise..

Our lads are not just showing they can get a CL spot, they are showing that they are the individuals who have complete right to it. And there my friends is the difference.

After watching 'Arry in his press conference he sounded like he felt Spurs were going to crack.. picking up on his words because he looks like he thinks that City may well just steamroller his lads on our way to what we want.

I doubt that any team right now would want to be standing in City's way.. and certainly not in front of a rabid crowd at eastlands intent on a lot of payback towards poor Spurs.
'Arry Rednapp looks like he knows they have landed the wrong moment
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Goataldo » Tue May 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Good stuff.

I wonder if Bellers will eventually go into management? Dunno about hairdryer, he'd have a bloody jet engine treatment I reckon. Legend.

BBS, I'm surprised you say that about 'Arry. I thought he looked and sounded quite confident in the last interview I saw with him. But then he talks to the press more than most, he might have given several since. He's put enough propaganda aobut in the papers, crowing about how at ease they(Spuds)are.

I pray that one day Redknapp will go to jail and Spurs get relegated.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby brite blu sky » Tue May 04, 2010 5:59 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Good stuff.

I wonder if Bellers will eventually go into management? Dunno about hairdryer, he'd have a bloody jet engine treatment I reckon. Legend.

BBS, I'm surprised you say that about 'Arry. I thought he looked and sounded quite confident in the last interview I saw with him. But then he talks to the press more than most, he might have given several since. He's put enough propaganda aobut in the papers, crowing about how at ease they(Spuds)are.

i watched the one on the bbc site.. he talked a lot about city. He definatley looked relaxed but i got the sense he was a bit resigned rather than quietly confident.. and his words about deserving 4th seemed out of place.. like he felt spurs deserve it on the basis of what they have done so far. Smacked to me like the start of an excuse. I got the strong sense from the whole interview that he was thinking that this is possibly Spurs main chance to grab a CL outing.. as he is convinced that City are going to be a fixture in the top 4 for quite some time and Scouce 1 and 2 are going to be up and round about where spurs will be.. so it is going to get more difficult. I thought he looked like he was getting ready for a letdown. Might be me reading too much into it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby cjhaz69 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:42 pm

doug, did u notice a tall guy in a grey suit today, hes a rep pal of mine (hudderfield fan), he was close to carrington with some time to kill today so he stopped to watch training, he couldnt see anything going on so he decided to tell the security gaurd he was there for the press conference and they let him in!! hes got the press conference on his phone and was sat next to the guy from sky, hes putting it on facebook later, some people have got some nerve!
cjhaz69
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm

cjhaz69 wrote:doug, did u notice a tall guy in a grey suit today, hes a rep pal of mine (hudderfield fan), he was close to carrington with some time to kill today so he stopped to watch training, he couldnt see anything going on so he decided to tell the security gaurd he was there for the press conference and they let him in!! hes got the press conference on his phone and was sat next to the guy from sky, hes putting it on facebook later, some people have got some nerve!

hahaha brilliant. But no I didn't see him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goataldo » Tue May 04, 2010 9:13 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Good stuff.

i watched the one on the bbc site.. he talked a lot about city. He definatley looked relaxed but i got the sense he was a bit resigned rather than quietly confident.. and his words about deserving 4th seemed out of place.. like he felt spurs deserve it on the basis of what they have done so far. Smacked to me like the start of an excuse. I got the strong sense from the whole interview that he was thinking that this is possibly Spurs main chance to grab a CL outing.. as he is convinced that City are going to be a fixture in the top 4 for quite some time and Scouce 1 and 2 are going to be up and round about where spurs will be.. so it is going to get more difficult. I thought he looked like he was getting ready for a letdown. Might be me reading too much into it.

I hope Spurs are gonna grab a clouting, and 'Arry's heading for a meltdown. It was a Sky interview I saw, couple of days back, just after the smarmy toad was being sarcastic about the 'keeper situation.

With a bit of luck you're right. I would relish his post match interview if we win. GIHS.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Return to The Maine Football forum