Derby in Miami

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Derby in Miami

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Miami or Orlando? they are like 400 miles apart.

In Orlando -- try Cricketers Arms. Best place to go really. It's in a shopping mall/complex thingy, and it's a great place. They'll have all the matches on, some good pints and a good crowd.

http://www.cricketersarmspub.com/

cheers, and no you can't stay with me.

thats not a bad one, perfect if your on Idrive(have they changed the anme of the mall didnt it used to be mercana/mercado or somethin??) theres a decent one near another mall(not fla mall or premium outlet) not sure what its called but i watched games there and there goo.

The Cricketers Arms used to be in the Mercado on i-drive you're right mate, but that's now shut down so the pub/restaurant moved to the Festival Bay Mall further up i-drive

that's fucking right. Stalker. How the fucl do you know that?

cheers

Doomy let them watch the game at your mansion you miserable git he he he he.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 pm

gillie wrote:Doomy let them watch the game at your mansion you miserable git he he he he.

if it was a mansion the last thing i would do is let one of you fuclers in it.

It's all fleeting Gillie...the housing market in the US keeps dipping and eventually it won't be worth owning the fuclin thing. Sad really...esp. since i could have made a mint if i had been able to convince the trouble to let me sell it 3 years ago when it still had skyrocketing value based on nothing but speculation. Ah, the good old days.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:24 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

In Orlando -- try Cricketers Arms. Best place to go really. It's in a shopping mall/complex thingy, and it's a great place. They'll have all the matches on, some good pints and a good crowd.

thats not a bad one, perfect if your on Idrive(have they changed the anme of the mall didnt it used to be mercana/mercado or somethin??) theres a decent one near another mall(not fla mall or premium outlet) not sure what its called but i watched games there and there goo.

The Cricketers Arms used to be in the Mercado on i-drive you're right mate, but that's now shut down so the pub/restaurant moved to the Festival Bay Mall further up i-drive

cheers

Haha. Well despite you living there Orlando is still my favourite place on earth. I've been 5 times and on my second trip we stayed almost opposite the Mercado so went to the Cricketers Arms a couple of times. On my last trip the Mercado was virtually closed and the Festival Bay Mall had just been opened. They were doing a Ron Jons surf park round the back if memory serves me right.

Stayed not far from you on the last trip in a villa at Windsor Hills
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:39 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:If they are in Miami, they should drive up to Fort Lauderdale (about 35 minutes) and there is a pub there where a few blues (including me) will be. PM me if you that is where they are.

I'm sure I've asked you this before, but do you know a Blue from Fort Lauderdale I met in Budapest in summer 2003? His wife is mates with Whitesnake, and he did some of his education in Paris (although I'm not sure how much of it/which part).

BB, sorry I don't recall you asking. I have met a few Blues here, but I have not met any of their spouses. Is he American or English?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:24 am

craigmcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

cheers

Haha. Well despite you living there Orlando is still my favourite place on earth. I've been 5 times and on my second trip we stayed almost opposite the Mercado so went to the Cricketers Arms a couple of times. On my last trip the Mercado was virtually closed and the Festival Bay Mall had just been opened. They were doing a Ron Jons surf park round the back if memory serves me right.

Stayed not far from you on the last trip in a villa at Windsor Hills

remind yourself to forget to tell me the next time you are coming into town and we can make sure we don't hang out.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:35 am

Duly noted
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 am

Davenport is not far from me (i live in a town called Celebration which is near Kississimmee) but i have no reason to go there...there's nothing there. Could be ok. Might not. I have no idea really. Sorry i can't offer more.

I'd make a day of it and head into Orlando to the Cricketer's Arms. 20 mins drive and yr sorted.

90% of the time i watch matches standing up in my living room swearing at the TV, unless i'm traveling for work in which case i'll find a pub ,but not one in Orlando obv. Sorry.

cheers

EDIT: also, they must be coming over for Worlds at Disney, right? My daughter and her cheer team earned a bid last weekend, but might not go since they already have their senior team spending the cash outlay on new unis, etc to make a big splash. She's 11 so her team will have many more opportunities. It's fun tho for them...she always goes as a spectator.

cheers again. ;)

Celebration mate yeah? my brother got married there last year, ive been going to orlando for about 15 years and anytime we have new people with us we always bring them there to show them "the town like the one in the simpsons when homer gets a new job"

Whats the deal there?when it was opening we looked at showhomes for a nose they were amazing but didnt they have a stupid rule to actually buy them like they wanted x plumbers x electricians etc until they had someone for everything in the town?i could be miles off!!!

Are you american or english?and if american how you end up becoming ablue?

back to topic yeah id go cricketers arms if staying in kissimee, i dont recall any english boozers around that area but it was at least 10 years since i stayed there!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum