PL Final Day Games May 19th

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

PL Final Day Games May 19th

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu May 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Well here we go will we make history? Whatever happens I’m sure we are all proud of our team’s effort & performances, especially during the unbeaten run, in the face of shall we say, major obstacles. Come on City we can do it.

All the games K.O. at 16.00 UK

Arsenal v Everton

Brentford v Barcodes

Brighton v Ten Bob rags

Vinny’s inbreds v Forrest

Chelsea v Bournemouth

Palace v Villa

Horrible dippers v Wolves

Luton v Fulham

Treble winners v Hammers

T’Blades v Trophy dodgers
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: PL Final Day Games May 19th

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 16, 2024 3:11 pm

games are split between sky and tnt
ours is on sky
tarquins are on tnt
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 16, 2024 5:20 pm

Cheers for these throughout the season HDS. Much appreciated my friend
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 16, 2024 5:29 pm

Just to confirm - we are playing Sunday ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 16, 2024 6:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Just to confirm - we are playing Sunday ?

Yes Carl
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 16, 2024 8:48 pm

Seeing all the games have to be played at the same time on the final day, why can't the wankers have them all at 3 o'clock, when football should start.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 16, 2024 9:10 pm

patrickblue wrote:Seeing all the games have to be played at the same time on the final day, why can't the wankers have them all at 3 o'clock, when football should start.

Sadly for you and your commute, it's all about global tv figures/wonga.

The Americas comfortable, Europe are used to evening kick off, it's only when you get to India and further east and south where it gets a little shitty.

Although on the flip I think the likes of Pretty Boy Blue it's one more he can stay on bed.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 16, 2024 9:17 pm

He he, I turned up on the wrong day once, and that was traveling from Newbury where I was living at the time.
We were at home to Everton and they kept changing the time and date, I think it was something to do with Everton having to play a cup game. I can't really remember why they kept changing it (certainly wasn't us in Europe in those days). Anyhow this was the first (and I think only) time a top tier game has had a morning kick off, they scheduled it for 11:45 on the Sunday.
I was totally confused and turned up on the Saturday, along with my girlfriend at the time and wondered why it was so quiet.
Anyway, we had a couple in the near empty Mary D's where the penny dropped. We ended up in a B&B in a pub somewhere in the peak district.
On the way back to Manc in the morning we stopped for breakfast at a cafe somewhere, ordered two full englishes, and they turned up all in batter. Sausages, bacon, eggs, the lot. Never come across that before or since.
Then most bizarrely of all, Danny Mills of all people scored a worldie from thirty yards to give us the first goal of a 2-0 win.

I've just had to look it up and it was 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ILt2R1-sc
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ruralblue » Thu May 16, 2024 9:38 pm

patrickblue wrote:

He he, I turned up on the wrong day once, and that was traveling from Newbury where I was living at the time.
We were at home to Everton and they kept changing the time and date, I think it was something to do with Everton having to play a cup game. I can't really remember why they kept changing it (certainly wasn't us in Europe in those days). Anyhow this was the first (and I think only) time a top tier game has had a morning kick off, they scheduled it for 11:45 on the Sunday.
I was totally confused and turned up on the Saturday, along with my girlfriend at the time and wondered why it was so quiet.
Anyway, we had a couple in the near empty Mary D's where the penny dropped. We ended up in a B&B in a pub somewhere in the peak district.
On the way back to Manc in the morning we stopped for breakfast at a cafe somewhere, ordered two full englishes, and they turned up all in batter. Sausages, bacon, eggs, the lot. Never come across that before or since.
Then most bizarrely of all, Danny Mills of all people scored a worldie from thirty yards to give us the first goal of a 2-0 win.

Since my Mum snuffed it last November I've been waking up at 4 - 4.30 am. So most days come tea time I'm fucked and have a Nanna nap. I have no trouble getting to sleep and sleep really deep yet have the most surreal of dreams. Anyways only two weeks ago....,....

I went to sleep on getting home about 4.30pm, forgot to set my alarm (hour and half), woke at 7.30 thinking I'd slept in for work. Had a proper rush round, quick shower made my butties and raced to work. Opened up, filled the geezer, got everything ready for the day. At 8.45 I rung one of my staff to which they answered "what the fuck you ringing for at this time of night!!!"

What makes everything so much fucking worse..... it was a Friday evening! We don't even open weekends.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu May 16, 2024 9:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:Cheers for these throughout the season HDS. Much appreciated my friend

Thanks notts appreciate that mate
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri May 17, 2024 6:17 am

patrickblue wrote:

The ridiculous reason that the time was change for that match was we had Sun Jihai and they had Li Tie and they wanted people in China to be able to watch.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bear60 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Thanks HDS for all of these this season
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby salford city » Fri May 17, 2024 7:23 am

patrickblue wrote:

Remember it well and as Mase says, all to do with the Asia viewers fucking bizarre time wasn't it looking back
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 17, 2024 9:21 am

CTID Hants wrote:

Yes Carl

I can’t remember how many times I’ve got the time wrong , let alone the date , due to the time difference- also google has also fucked me up a few times as now and again it gives me Mexico time lines ( obviously my fucking fault for not googling properly )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri May 17, 2024 9:56 am

CTID Hants wrote:

Yes Carl

Your final league game. Make it a good un…. Your encouragement and support throughout the season has been
A huge blessing to the community.
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 17, 2024 12:45 pm

ruralblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Since my Mum snuffed it last November I've been waking up at 4 - 4.30 am. So most days come tea time I'm fucked and have a Nanna nap. I have no trouble getting to sleep and sleep really deep yet have the most surreal of dreams. Anyways only two weeks ago....,....

I went to sleep on getting home about 4.30pm, forgot to set my alarm (hour and half), woke at 7.30 thinking I'd slept in for work. Had a proper rush round, quick shower made my butties and raced to work. Opened up, filled the geezer, got everything ready for the day. At 8.45 I rung one of my staff to which they answered "what the fuck you ringing for at this time of night!!!"

What makes everything so much fucking worse..... it was a Friday evening! We don't even open weekends.

Did that once after an all night party on a Saturday night when i was about 19 or 20. Woke up at 7, got dressed and ready, got on my Goldwing, at the time and headed off for work. As I'd driven about 10 minutes I thought it odd that the sun was in my eyes, in the west.

It was Sunday night. Worse still, being young and it being late 70s, I didn’t even have any money to join the boys at the pub.

Felt a right twat
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri May 17, 2024 7:40 pm

Bear60 wrote:Thanks HDS for all of these this season

Cheers mate
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri May 17, 2024 9:58 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Seeing all the games have to be played at the same time on the final day, why can't the wankers have them all at 3 o'clock, when football should start.

Sadly for you and your commute, it's all about global tv figures/wonga.

The Americas comfortable, Europe are used to evening kick off, it's only when you get to India and further east and south where it gets a little shitty.

Although on the flip I think the likes of Pretty Boy Blue it's one more he can stay on bed.

If you’re referring to me I get up and watch every single game no matter what time, love to see how many back home would work sleep around a 3am kickoff like I do.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carolina-blue » Fri May 17, 2024 10:00 pm

Echoing others HDS , Thank you for these all season
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Sat May 18, 2024 6:52 am

Thanks very much HDS. Always very useful threads.
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum