***Treble Winners v Arse CS Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Arse CS Official Match Thread***

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:27 am

I don’t give a fuck about this game, they scored a fluke goal in 101at minute, and then we fuck up on pens, look upon it as a good work out for players clearly not match fit.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:17 am

Never happy at losing any game to be honest. Especially in the manner we did

And seeing Arsenal lift the shield is galling as it gives them a mental boost before the season

In the grand scheme of things, we treat it as another pre season friendly, which is largely true, but it is a game at Wembley with a pot on offer and i’d sooner have won it and not seen Arsenal celebrating.

Will the Super Cup game be the same? Or is this considered a “proper” cup?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stupot » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:33 am

I don't give a fuck about the game either. Never missed a Wembley final other than Tottenham in the Covid year but never been to a Community Shield. Only person who counts it as a pot is Mourinho.
If it gives them a mental boost the same as the dippers last year that'll do me
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:52 am

their "win" glosses over some major issues for them...
havertz is wank, rice is a poundshop rodri... that said, thought timber was pretty decent
we didn't get out of 2nd gear and dominated 75% of the game
given that he's returning from injury, i thought kev looked like he was moving like his old self when he came on yesterday having looked like he was running in concrete boots for the last couple of months of the season. foden looked good too and kova looked like he'd been playing with us for years. was a bit disappointed with alverez who huffed and puffed but had no cutting edge, hopefully phil will replace him on friday v burnley. shame that erling went off when we brought phil and kev on - he needs one, or both of them, to be effective
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:13 pm

Far as I'm concerned it was a pre season kickabout.
We've much bigger fish to fry.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:Never happy at losing any game to be honest. Especially in the manner we did

And seeing Arsenal lift the shield is galling as it gives them a mental boost before the season

In the grand scheme of things, we treat it as another pre season friendly, which is largely true, but it is a game at Wembley with a pot on offer and i’d sooner have won it and not seen Arsenal celebrating.

I reckon Pep will see this Super Cup as a European trophy, he won it twice with Barca and once with Bayern
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Never happy at losing any game to be honest. Especially in the manner we did

I reckon Pep will see this Super Cup as a European trophy, he won it twice with Barca and once with Bayern

The European Super Cup has more prestige than the Community Shield. It's only the winners of the main Uefa competitions that are in it, the way the Community Shield is we should have been presented the trophy before the game and then asked if we wanted to play the previous seasons best losers in a kick about. That's how highly I rate the Community Shield and I think Pep is along the same thinking.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:28 pm

There are only four competions worth winning. Bin lids , super cups, World club cups etc are all nonsense.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:46 pm

ATV or whatever it’s called ( I catch it on tic toc)
Giving us fans shit about how we don’t deserve a team like we have due to fans at Wembley yesterday church mice & Fucking off not staying for the team
Bit different as we don’t live around the corner Cunts
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:05 pm

I was sitting in a bar in Peurto Pollensa next to an Arsenal fan who turned out to be one of the biggest wankers I've ever met. These cunts think it's a major trophy they won yesterday but can't work out how they don't have the mentality to win the real major trophies come May and June. We've seen off United and Liverpool and these Tarquin cunts won't be with us for long. Arteta was always short of top class as a player and his mentality as a manager is the same, wants to win and hates losing but can't comprehend sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war. Come on you Blues.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:40 pm

carolina-blue wrote:ATV or whatever it’s called ( I catch it on tic toc)
Giving us fans shit about how we don’t deserve a team like we have due to fans at Wembley yesterday church mice & Fucking off not staying for the team
Bit different as we don’t live around the corner Cunts

Two things to say..... due to the boycott by our hardcore fans it was inevitable that our allocation would get snapped up by tourists and it was.

On Jubilee tube there was a New Yorker who'd flown with his 2 sub 10yr old lads and a Scandinavian couple with a 7yr old.

First 15 minutes of the match it was like musical fuckin chairs with cunts in half and half not sitting in the correct seats etc to the point we told them to fuck off.

At the end...... yeah sure we walked the second it was over but i am telling you now we were 50/50 on the tube with their "fans" on the tube away.

Arsenal Fans TV on YouTube has provided the world and i do mean the world with much more hilarious embarrassing shit than us losing a friendly.

I went for my usual couple after work this evening and listened to a convo between a plastic murderer and plastic gooner.....

Scouse "got lucky" gooner "we've got one more trophy than you" scouse "so far"

At which point i pointed (courteous of NB i think) that we technically we had won it without turning up and only turned up out of respect that it was a charity match.

Oh apparently according to the plastic gooner Haaland was anonymous, Grealish got owned and Saka raped their bloke.

"No way they will beat us again, top 4 will us, city, newcastle and united (because they've spent big)

:lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:23 pm

s1ty m wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:So Akanji is our boo boy of the moment? Poor choice - my current preference is Kova, he killed most of our attacks after the first 20 mins

Absolutely not. Boo boy? We are allowed to criticise, surely? You think he's good enough? I respect any opinion from solid Blues like you, my take is that he is a ticking timebomb every time he plays. Roll on Josko. Won't boo any of them, the exception being that other atrocious defender, Cancelo, who also bizarrely attracted praise from some quarters. Nuts, IMHO.
Could change my mind after reading this from Pinocchio :lol:
https://www.manchestercity.news/absolut ... enal-loss/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum