City v Rags Official Match Thread *****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City v Rags Official Match Thread *****

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:17 pm

s1ty m wrote:
City64 wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:Kev was THE problem today - should not have been selected. We all know it and could see he was fucking up the flow for the last couple of games.
PG is a tit.

Other culprits were no worse than they usually are - Sterling dithering Jesus missing etc etc. and we normally get away with it.

Kev's performance sank us unfortunately.

Yes this for me too.

KDB and Sterling both sank us but our pathetic start delivered a mortal blow .
Woeful day .

Yep. The 2 biggest names were shocking. Jesus was indescribably bad.

Jesus is shit most of the time but because he runs like a demented rabbit he gets a bye from some City fans and then when he does score (Usually after 80 odd minutes of playing shit and missing numerous other chances ) that gets him in the first team for the next game.

Foden watches all this and even though he doesn't say anything negative in the press , you know deep down hes disappointed not to play...he has to be watching some of the shit Baldie picks ahead of him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:At the end of the day Pep fucked up with team selection and tactics actually it could have been worse if rags had taken all their chances, fucking sick like any City fan

Some fans are Sick Harry.........others just shrug their shoulders and carry on to the Southampton game.

Good advice Carl
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:At the end of the day Pep fucked up with team selection and tactics actually it could have been worse if rags had taken all their chances, fucking sick like any City fan

Some fans are Sick Harry.........others just shrug their shoulders and carry on to the Southampton game.

Good advice Carl

For the record..I'm sick and tired of Baldie bending over for the rags and whats worse is..he doesn't care too much about it...

My phone hasn't stopped all day.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:13 pm

Bit of a shaker that. Goodnight blues, the pain will pass I'm sure.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:05 am

For me winning a derby was always poor consultation while watching the Rags win the PL titles in the 90s and 00s.

Today was very disappointing with a worrying trend of big match selections that do not work and Brown's inclusion causing issues.

But it was only disappointing. Win the PL and today will be of little consequence.

The bigger concern is the CL. Keep making team selections like today and throw in Brown's mandatory selection and we will be out.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:54 am

Dimples wrote:For me winning a derby was always poor consultation while watching the Rags win the PL titles in the 90s and 00s.

Today was very disappointing with a worrying trend of big match selections that do not work and Brown's inclusion causing issues.

But it was only disappointing. Win the PL and today will be of little consequence.

The bigger concern is the CL. Keep making team selections like today and throw in Brown's mandatory selection and we will be out.

Winning the champions league is going to be very difficult mainly because of two reasons.

1 Peps ability to fuck up in big games. And his inability to learn from it.

2 No top goal scorer, the type you need in tough tight games, the sort of player who gets one chance and buries it. We dont have that. Teams like PSG and Bayern do. More often than not it IS the difference at that level.

If we can win it with those two factors in play, it would be a miracle.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:51 am

Dimples wrote:The bigger concern is the CL. Keep making team selections like today and throw in Brown's mandatory selection and we will be out.

100 % that will happen. We have a every precedent since he came here. Monaco, Criminals, Spuds, Lyon.
All of them had tactical brainfarts.

There are really slim chances everything will actually turn out good when you, as a manager, don't see the problem & you think everything went great yesterday.
I am convinced he is putting the defeat on Taylor, not on the tactics. And yes, Taylor is part of what happened yesterday, but it is your fault you had time to avoid the car crash, but you didn't.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Do we have any other choice. Painful day, move on FFS I have no rags giving me shit today yet. Not sure they will tbh.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:06 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Do we have any other choice. Painful day, move on FFS I have no rags giving me shit today yet. Not sure they will tbh.

That is also part of the issue though Hazy, we move on until the next time when we fall off again at the same spot -Pep will not learn from this and he will do it again in an important game. He will 100% play foden and bernie on weds
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:43 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You said the same the previous 3 losses to the rags Hazy - Sorry , I can’t move on as I’m sick and tired of our “genius” fucking up against them - most of us predicted he would fuck up again with his team selection and what happens —yep , he fucks up -
He will never ever win the CL with Man City - ever .

Winning the Prem is all PeP cares about whereas fans like me care about so much more than just winning the Prem - pride is everything adn getting beaten by the Rags time after bastard time is a fucking disgrace .

It’s been said many times , Baldie couldn’t give a flying fuck that we lost to them - his post game interview was disgraceful .

And some wonder why I think he’s a cunt !
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:47 am

Anyone feeling better? Anyone moved on?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You said the same the previous 3 losses to the rags Hazy - Sorry , I can’t move on as I’m sick and tired of our “genius” fucking up against them - most of us predicted he would fuck up again with his team selection and what happens —yep , he fucks up -
He will never ever win the CL with Man City - ever .

Winning the Prem is all PeP cares about whereas fans like me care about so much more than just winning the Prem - pride is everything adn getting beaten by the Rags time after bastard time is a fucking disgrace .

It’s been said many times , Baldie couldn’t give a flying fuck that we lost to them - his post game interview was disgraceful .

And some wonder why I think he’s a cunt !

Carl mate I am on your side on this, but it will say champions 2020/2021. I hate the fuckers and Pep needs to sit down with Kiddo, Phil F and get it into his head, we treat the game as a must win. The sooner the better, Even a nod top the fans - Sorry FFS - The reality is we have to go again and thats what Pros do.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:03 am

PeterParker wrote:Anyone feeling better? Anyone moved on?

Not feeling better but time to look forward and make sure we’re ready for three points on Wednesday. That game is an absolute must win now.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:05 am

london blue 2 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Anyone feeling better? Anyone moved on?

Not feeling better but time to look forward and make sure we’re ready for three points on Wednesday. That game is an absolute must win now.

take the medicine recover and get back on it on Wed. We do not want a bad run to be the new run !
Last edited by Hazy2 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Just some thoughts.
Bernard and Forden were needed for an energetic performance.
Walker and Cancelo should have been full backs.
KDB shouldn't have started at the expense of a winning formula.
Rodri and Gundogan I still a poor combination.
Mahrez having one or two reasonable performances doest make him reliable for big games.

Agree with this and I might add that Ferna should have started as he is made for such games. In addition to getting the starting lineup wrong, Pep fucked it up with the subs. What was the point of subbing Walker for Cancelo at 2 nil ?? Should have taken of Jesus or Sterling and moved Cancelo forward. Foden should have started of course and then with one sub still available he doesn’t bring on either Kun or Bernie when we’re chasing the game !! Nobody can deny the long streak of winning games but with games like this one with obvious mistakes, it’s obvious that Pep doesn’t admit mistakes and that’s why he doesn’t correct them. God help us if we get to a difficult CL match !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:43 am

Those history channel plastic swamp donkey wankers can fuck off .
Of a bigger concern is the form of KDB he looks ropey as fuck and miles off it . Has he become a liability just when the team hit peak form ?
Huge issue !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:27 pm

on reflection, i am just grateful to be able to see us play.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:05 pm

Pep gives the Rags another 3 points.

Might as well forfeit these games, saves us having to also listen to him sucking their dicks after every Derby.

I actually feel like he deliberately stiches up in these games..

KDB has been blowing out of his arse within minutes of every game he has played since being Shoe horned back in the side. Not only is he woefully unfit, he is looking like absolute shit, playing like shit. And spending most the games walking around losing the Ball, and waving his arms in the air, mumbling at team mares like a petulant teenager.

We were lucky against West Ham, and Wolves, but Pep just had to push his luck didn't he..

And what for ffs ?,.....to get him fit for the fucking Euros. He is no benefit to us right now, he dosent even deserve to be on the Bench.

How the fuck has he un-surped a winning formula in Phil and Bernado ?

It is like the Bald fucker get bored with winning and has to feed his ego.

Within the first 5 minutes yesterday of KDB trotting around like a lame Race horse it was evident we needed Phil.and Bernado energy.

He can not change it, because that means he made a mistake, and his ego never makes mistakes..

This is why we never come back from losing positions.

This is when his ego becomes detrimental to the team. He only reacts when we are 2 goals down and not enough time left.

I am not a spoilt twat,we will lose games,thats the narure of football.

All our high profile defeats though have been 100% on him.

Name another manager who would have still had Bernado on the Bench at the end of that game yesterday.

Phil did more in 20 minutes than than the rest did the whole game.

I feel like he is deliberately trying to fuck Foden off,who knows maybe he wants him to go to Bayern with Leroy.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Did sky ever show a replay of the cut back from Jesus where he appeared to be wiped out in the box? Looked like a stonewall pen to me, did anyone else see it?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby branny » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:00 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Did sky ever show a replay of the cut back from Jesus where he appeared to be wiped out in the box? Looked like a stonewall pen to me, did anyone else see it?

No. It was just Tyler saying "the check is complete".
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum