Try Kompany centre back?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Try Kompany centre back?

Postby paulmclaren » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:16 am

With our central defence absolutely sheezen.
I think we should try Kompany c.b instead of Lesscott?
As my signature agrees with :D:D
Just because Lesscott costs 24 fucking million quid does not mean he shouldn't be dropped lol.
Or maybe Toure?
Toure is highly experienced but he's hardly been playing well either.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Try Kompany centre back?

Postby Colin the King » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:31 am

Kompany is a good player but it's frightening watching him play in defence. When in midfield, he can get away with tugging at shirts and tackling recklessly but those things would likely end up in penalties and ultimately goals if he played in defence. I think he has plenty to offer- although yesterday wasn't one of his better moments- but in a midfield role. He has a lot of energy and passes the ball well.

Anyway, why does the Lescott witch-hunt continue? How about giving him a decent length of time to settle in. Why does there always have to be a scapegoat?
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 am

Colin the King wrote:How about giving him a decent length of time to settle in.

Don't be daft.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 am

Colin the King wrote:Kompany is a good player but it's frightening watching him play in defence. When in midfield, he can get away with tugging at shirts and tackling recklessly but those things would likely end up in penalties and ultimately goals if he played in defence. I think he has plenty to offer- although yesterday wasn't one of his better moments- but in a midfield role. He has a lot of energy and passes the ball well.

Anyway, why does the Lescott witch-hunt continue? How about giving him a decent length of time to settle in. Why does there always have to be a scapegoat?

Quite right CTK. Bench seems the only safe place for Komps at the moment.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:44 am

I think Lescott has been playing pretty well and last Saturday was a bit of a blip. Toure however hasn't been convincing and my preference would be to see Nedum in there now rather than wait till January. I know he wasn't great in the 2 sub performances but he has great quality as he proved last year and I would expect he would get through his dodginess very quickly if he started games.

Don't expect it to happen though.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:11 am

I expect Upson to be brought in for January and Lescott to be moved into left back.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dronny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I expect Upson to be brought in for January and Lescott to be moved into left back.

They mentioned on SSN's yesterday that a Prem team was in for Upson in Jan, I then went out and don't know who it was.....was it us?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 am

Dronny wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I expect Upson to be brought in for January and Lescott to be moved into left back.

They mentioned on SSN's yesterday that a Prem team was in for Upson in Jan, I then went out and don't know who it was.....was it us?

God imagine the abuse Upson would get if we signed him and he had a bad game.........if i was him i would stay put!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dronny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Dronny wrote:

God imagine the abuse Upson would get if we signed him and he had a bad game.........if i was him i would stay put!!!

Ha ha ha prollee very true Fuey, for me Upson isn't the answer, I've always thought he was ponderous, slow and loses concentration in games. I must admit much of my views are when I've watched him in through the gaps in my hands when he plays for England. Having said that he's not the answer I'm not too sure who else would be available?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:54 am

Dronny wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Dronny wrote:

Ha ha ha prollee very true Fuey, for me Upson isn't the answer, I've always thought he was ponderous, slow and loses concentration in games. I must admit much of my views are when I've watched him in through the gaps in my hands when he plays for England. Having said that he's not the answer I'm not too sure who else would be available?

Worry all you like but i'd put a lot of money on him pulling on a sky blue shirt in January

MH is a long term admirer and switching Lescott to LB seems nailed on
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dronny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:56 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Dronny wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Dronny wrote:

Worry all you like but i'd put a lot of money on him pulling on a sky blue shirt in January

I don't doubt it one bit, I can't but help it would be counter productive to Lescott's chances of going to SA and also his confidence.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:57 am

Colin the King wrote:Kompany is a good player but it's frightening watching him play in defence. When in midfield, he can get away with tugging at shirts and tackling recklessly but those things would likely end up in penalties and ultimately goals if he played in defence. I think he has plenty to offer- although yesterday wasn't one of his better moments- but in a midfield role. He has a lot of energy and passes the ball well.

Cos I think if you buy a player for 20+ mill pounds he should be able to do what you paid all that money for.
Get better as time progresses, yes, but I think he should begin by playing at a high standard anyway.
All this it takes time is for the players the quality of Titus Bramble not somebody you want to take us to be champs.
He should be shit hot from day 1.
Rag_hater

Postby Dronny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 am

Rag_hater wrote:

Cos I think if you buy a player for 20+ mill pounds he should be able to do what you paid all that money for.
Get better as time progresses, yes, but I think he should begin by playing at a high standard anyway.
All this it takes time is for the players the quality of Titus Bramble not somebody you want to take us to be champs.

When you moved out to Alicante from GB were you fluent in Spanish the moment you got off the plane?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 am

Dronny wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

When you moved out to Alicante from GB were you fluent in Spanish the moment you got off the plane?

Somewhat tangential that innit.I didnt come to Spain to make a living therefore my level of Spanish was not an issue.
We have bought Joleon to be a high quality defender in which department he has been a little lacking.
I haven't criticised JL in any thread before ,I only did it in this because I dont accept this gelling theory as an excuse for poor performances.
I dont see the point of buying good players if they are gonna neeed time to bed in.
As I said before I think they will get better the longer they are with us but to begin with the should be at a very high standard.
If to say hypothetically we were to get Kaka at Xmas,I would expect him to be exceptional from day 1 and the get better as time went on.
Look at our Robson he was brilliant in his first game and has got better since then.
Rag_hater

Postby Dronny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Dronny wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Somewhat tangential that innit.I didnt come to Spain to make a living therefore my level of Spanish was not an issue.Agree, but moved out there to live at a fair expense I'm assuming? Therefore I doubt you felt overly comfortable in new surroundings?
We have bought Joleon to be a high quality defender in which department he has been a little lacking.
I haven't criticised JL in any thread before ,I only did it in this because I dont accept this gelling theory as an excuse for poor performances.
I dont see the point of buying good players if they are gonna neeed time to bed in.How many goals did Anelka score for chelski in his 1st season?
As I said before I think they will get better the longer they are with us but to begin with the should be at a very high standard.
If to say hypothetically we were to get Kaka at Xmas,I would expect him to be exceptional from day 1 and the get better as time went on.He's hardly set Real Madrid alight has he?
Look at our Robson he was brilliant in his first game and has got better since then.
In his away games?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Worry all you like but i'd put a lot of money on him pulling on a sky blue shirt in January

No disrespect here mate, but unless you are privvy to some news source that we are not (....yes, that's right, it's getting towards our favourite "ITK" festival season) on what possible evidence are you saying that this "seems nailed on"

Because I have heard nothing whatsoever that makes it seem like a remote possibility even? So I am perplexed at the basis for your certainty

Please explain?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm

ant london wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Worry all you like but i'd put a lot of money on him pulling on a sky blue shirt in January

No disrespect here mate, but unless you are privvy to some news source that we are not (....yes, that's right, it's getting towards our favourite "ITK" festival season) on what possible evidence are you saying that this "seems nailed on"

Because I have heard nothing whatsoever that makes it seem like a remote possibility even? So I am perplexed at the basis for your certainty

Please explain?

Hmmm

You seem to be taking offence at a lot of my posts recently?

I'm just saying that out of all the bullshit spouted from various sources on the net/papers/sky etc. that this one has the most legs

It's no secret that Hughes is an Upson fan

We were looking at him and Lescott at the same time in the summer

I genuinely think he will be a City player in January...the 'nailed on' simply means in my head it sounds like the most logical buy...not necessarily the most popular buy...but he's definitely a 'Hughes Player'

Sorry if I have offended you with my speculation

;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:18 pm

You are very offensive....it's easy to take offence. I'd go as far as to say that doing so is rather enjoyable!!

haha

Ah ok, now I get where you're coming from. I don't disagree with the Hughes player part. I, myself, agree with whoever said (Dronnosaurus?) that he always strikes me as a touch ponderous.

I'd prefer us to sign some cover and establish who is our best partnership from the resources we have.

For the record, giving Toure the armband now seems a bit of an unwise move. I'd like Nedum to be tried there.....even give Micah another rinse....or A N Other new CB.

The question I cannot answer though is who would I make captain. Other than Shay there doesn't seem to be a single player who is nailed on to start every week.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Hazy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:32 pm

I backed away from starting a thread on Dunney, has anyone thought about him Running round Wembley with the cup. Now that would be funny not !
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:36 pm

i don't. And i think that would be a mistake.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum