Glory Hunters

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Glory Hunters

Postby Chopper » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:49 am

I used to support manchester utd with my girlfriend but she broke up with me coz of my acne so i started liking city especially when they nearly signed berbatov who is my favourite player ive always preferred blue anyway and my tracksuit looks mint.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby kinkylola » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:08 am

Hi guys! What's going on in here?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chopper » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:26 am

kinkylola wrote:Hi guys! What's going on in here?

Breks is trying to find someone that shares same interests for long windy walks.
Chopper

My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:52 am

kinkylola wrote:Hi guys! What's going on in here?

They are calling you out. Fight back! Call to arms!
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Breks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:31 am

Wow this thread has had some serious attention. So many angry and upset people.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:48 am

Breks wrote:Wow this thread has had some serious attention. So many angry and upset people.

Wow, congrats!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 am

Breks wrote:Wow this thread has had some serious attention. So many angry and upset people.

And that's only being xenophobic.

You should start with racism next.
The results will amaze you even more.
Original Dub

Postby Breks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:43 am

Original Dub wrote:

What if I add some homophobia, ageism and sexism Into the mix?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:04 am

Breks wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

What if I add some homophobia, ageism and sexism Into the mix?

You add homophobia in and I will hunt you down.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ajardine » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:12 am

Could say that I am a foreign supporter. I am from the Midlands, supported City since knee high as my Dad had supported City since the 70's. He started City because they were the best team around at the time, so is he a glory supporter? Been there through the bad times, and there have plenty of them!
Being a City fan is a lifestyle, a rollercoaster ride, but a bloody good one
Ajardine
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Sergioooooo

Postby Breks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:53 am

Sister of fu wrote:

Lmao. I'm not scared of homosexuals, however I don't like rat's much I have a phobia of them.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Burt » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:00 am

Breks wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Lmao. I'm not scared of homosexuals, however I don't like rat's much I have a phobia of them.

Hopefully you will be meeting some of them very soon. Bon apetite garcon.........................
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:24 am

mr_nool wrote:
Herb wrote:Some of the ridiculous 'little city' comments that I've read in this thread were a real eye-opener to me.
I've been a match attending glory hunter since 1971, when I first attended Maine Rd, and one of the things that has always made me feel proud to be a blue - even in the very bleakest of moments - was the camaraderie and the way that City fans had a better level of banter, were more amusing, were always more friendly and accepting than the fans of other clubs.

The bigoted arseholes who've ridiculed themselves in here, by displaying a millwallesque hatred of the change in fan-base necessary to take this club to the next level, should just clear off and go and support Rochdale where they'll enjoy the small club environment pretty damn safe from being joined by a rush of new supporters.

I think that the sensible majority using this forum would support the view that there's nothing wrong in taking on a new passion at any age in life, be that learning to play a musical instrument, entering a new long-term relationship or even falling in love with Manchester City FC with it's glorious attacking football and welcoming fans . . well welcoming true fans in the main and a few arseholes soon to frequent Rochdale every second Saturday (I hope).

That's all fine and dandy, but have you sat among the Scandinavians, Dutch and Chinese with their double teamed scarves at Anfield, Bernabeue or Westfalen Stadion? A lot of them aren't fans of one team - just football tourists. I realise that we probably need them (and that I'm to some extent is one of them), but opening our stadium up to whole bunches of them will have an impact on the atmosphere.

I do welcome new City fans with all of my heart; after all I'm an overseas fan as well. It's just that I'm not under the illusion that the majority of new the football tourists at the Ethiad are City fans. They would go anywhere where there's great entertainment on display.

And (not aimed at you but at later posts) I don't think the OP doubts the devotion of Dazby, Doomy, or even myself. This thread is about what is to come. Larger and larger parts of the stadium will be filled with neutral football fans. It's probably necessary for the club, but we don't have to like it or fool ourselves into believing that every daytripper will turn into a life long blue.

No doubt having that opinion(probably with quite a few others) does not show other people how devoted you have been,it just shows how un-welcoming you are.
It's all well and good trying to put the argument across in a more P.C. manor but the point which is a daft one remains.
Rag_hater

Postby Colin the King » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:57 am

Rag_hater wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Herb wrote:Some of the ridiculous 'little city' comments that I've read in this thread were a real eye-opener to me.
I've been a match attending glory hunter since 1971, when I first attended Maine Rd, and one of the things that has always made me feel proud to be a blue - even in the very bleakest of moments - was the camaraderie and the way that City fans had a better level of banter, were more amusing, were always more friendly and accepting than the fans of other clubs.

The bigoted arseholes who've ridiculed themselves in here, by displaying a millwallesque hatred of the change in fan-base necessary to take this club to the next level, should just clear off and go and support Rochdale where they'll enjoy the small club environment pretty damn safe from being joined by a rush of new supporters.

I think that the sensible majority using this forum would support the view that there's nothing wrong in taking on a new passion at any age in life, be that learning to play a musical instrument, entering a new long-term relationship or even falling in love with Manchester City FC with it's glorious attacking football and welcoming fans . . well welcoming true fans in the main and a few arseholes soon to frequent Rochdale every second Saturday (I hope).

That's all fine and dandy, but have you sat among the Scandinavians, Dutch and Chinese with their double teamed scarves at Anfield, Bernabeue or Westfalen Stadion? A lot of them aren't fans of one team - just football tourists. I realise that we probably need them (and that I'm to some extent is one of them), but opening our stadium up to whole bunches of them will have an impact on the atmosphere.

I do welcome new City fans with all of my heart; after all I'm an overseas fan as well. It's just that I'm not under the illusion that the majority of new the football tourists at the Ethiad are City fans. They would go anywhere where there's great entertainment on display.

And (not aimed at you but at later posts) I don't think the OP doubts the devotion of Dazby, Doomy, or even myself. This thread is about what is to come. Larger and larger parts of the stadium will be filled with neutral football fans. It's probably necessary for the club, but we don't have to like it or fool ourselves into believing that every daytripper will turn into a life long blue.

No doubt having that opinion(probably with quite a few others) does not show other people how devoted you have been,it just shows how un-welcoming you are.
It's all well and good trying to put the argument across in a more P.C. manor but the point which is a daft one remains.

The PC movement is so grandiose that it now resides not in a mere house, but a manor.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Ajardine wrote:Could say that I am a foreign supporter. I am from the Midlands, supported City since knee high as my Dad had supported City since the 70's. He started City because they were the best team around at the time, so is he a glory supporter? Been there through the bad times, and there have plenty of them!

Son of Glory Hunter
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:06 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I see where you're coming from mate but tourist visitors to the etihad has to be a negligable problem compared to the droves of season ticket holders who march out of the arena from the 80th minute and onwards. If anything affects the mood of players and the mood of the audience, it has to be that. My guess is that these people aren't the most avid singers either. No doubt they will have followed City for a long time though.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Goataldo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Breks, if yours is a satirical account, you may want to ease off on the 'thick as fuck' approach, it's too much to be convincing.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Breks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Goataldo wrote:Breks, if yours is a satirical account, you may want to ease off on the 'thick as fuck' approach, it's too much to be convincing.

Woooooo
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby trout man » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:27 pm

I think Breks you are having a bit of a breakdown mate. I can't honestly believe that the vitriol you have spouted in this thread is a windup as it ain't remotely funny and I can't for one minute believe anyone on here would be as warped as your views convey. Take a deep breath, get some help and try a bit of mindfulness, works wonders. Good luck with the therapy.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby clippo22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:09 pm

I don't think having tourists in the stadium taking away from the atmosphere will affect us much. We have a fantastic home record, as do barca, bayern and other tourist destinations. Maybe we should take these tourists to the away games we struggle with? ;)
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum