Glory Hunters

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Glory Hunters

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:26 am

Breks wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
Worldwide I was say our fanbase is not orginally from Manchester these days. We are every bit as bad United were 10-15 years ago in terms of a global perspective.

I was in South East Asia for six weeks in the summer. Only Barca have a bigger presence than us on the street. City tops everywhere.

Were a global brand now so we aust have to accept that.

what are you hunting Breks lad?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:32 am

My Mrs must be a glory hunter then.

Never followed football until we got together and now is hooked to the point where she actually asks to come to games with me.

I'll go home and tell her that it must stop, because Breks doesn't like it
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby frankswift » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:41 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I am a glory hunter: I started supporting City in the late sixties when we were winning everything.

Moi aussi.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Scatman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:47 am

Invisible Man Fan wrote:My Mrs must be a glory hunter then.

Never followed football until we got together and now is hooked to the point where she actually asks to come to games with me.

I'll go home and tell her that it must stop, because Breks doesn't like it

She should be ok as long as she only goes for the entertainment and doesn't cheer when they score
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 am

Breks wrote:I don't care where your from, if your a glory hunter you can fuck off. That's including any mancs. People on here go off on a tangent and miss the whole point. Mard arses

Learn English, or get back to Bongo-Bongo land, or wherever you're from.

Turd.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:53 am

Unfortunatly there have been real fans like Brek's for a while.What is a relief is that gringo's are like Miss RH do not tolerare the narrow mindedness shown by some and, are in the majority
What is really sad is that most of these real fans are well happy at what the Glory Hunting Sheikh has done for us.
Rag_hater

Postby Breks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:53 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Learn English, or get back to Bongo-Bongo land, or wherever you're from.

Turd.

Racist fucker. How many Muslims did you slaughter back in the 90s?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Breks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 am

One thing is for sure, I can get every bodies attention.......

It's all about the game and how you play it!
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 am

I really think that this can have a double meaning. Yeah, there are a lot of new fans out there that will change their perspective in a heartbeat if we were broke, however, i love to bit that we are so rich because that is a huge pain in the arse of our rivals.

After we lost with Chelsea i saw big names in the media here (rags mostly) posting on twatter or facebook: thanks maureen, great job maureen etc.

Dunno about you lot, but i fucking love this, most of them are scared shitless when they hear our name. So we have glory hunters around us? Fuck it, bring them in. That will take the piss even more.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby clippo22 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 am

You got everyone's attention, but now everyone thinks your a dick!

Well played!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 am

Breks wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Learn English, or get back to Bongo-Bongo land, or wherever you're from.

Turd.

Racist fucker. How many Muslims did you slaughter back in the 90s?

None, alas. But I did kick a kid called Karim in the knee back in about '93, if that helps. Are we friends now?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 am

If we want to compete at the top level and remain there then we simply need all the hanger on we can get. They spend more money on things like tops and gifts than your average "hard core" fan. We need the revenue to keep with in the ffp, its part and parcel of becoming a big club.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Breks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:20 am

clippo22 wrote:You got everyone's attention, but now everyone thinks your a dick!

Well played!

And what? Am I supposed to breakdown into floods of tears.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Breks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:22 am

Communist and glory hunters all now identified. How easy was that.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:35 am

frankswift wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I am a glory hunter: I started supporting City in the late sixties when we were winning everything.

Moi aussi.

Just seen this thread and find it sad, perplexing and not a little alarming.

I was born in Yorkshire and, having never lived in or near Manchester, I qualify for the 'foreigner' category of City supporters.

As a very, very young lad, I became (because of Bert Trautman) 'City daft' after the 1956 FA Cup triumph, so I also qualify as a 'glory hunter'. In spite of the relegation problems in the early sixties, I continued my glory hunting trail with Uncle Joe's magnificent side, followed by the hopes and relative optimism of the later seventies.

As a season ticket holder in the yo-yo years of the eighties, despite witnessing two relegations, the glory hunting continued with two promotions. The nineties were problematical, to say the least and thereafter, the rest is (recent) history even though by the time that our owners took control, it looked as though the Club was, financially speaking, about to 'go to the wall'.

Today, as the glory hunting continues, I'm quite happy to watch the Club's fanbase expand and I don't begrudge anyone, irrespective of their age or previous affinities, supporting City - why should I, when I'm a glory hunting foreigner myself ??

In posting this thread, however, I do wonder if Breks - with his views - is tortured by some deep seated Freudian complex which is trying to reach the surface in this way. Apologies to him if this comment causes any undue offence.

Anyway, all I can say is let the glory hunting continue for decades to come.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 am

Breks wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Why let them? You could just ignore them.

It's hard to when your at a Champs league game and a load of foreigners are sat near you being dicks and talking in their own language and thrn mockingly mimicking songs we sing in English.

You are going to hate the new coca cola ad.
ross.mcfc

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 am

CuteMancs wrote:
Somewhat off topic, but I have some hot Gings in my time ;)

I've snatched a bit too !!
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Breks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I was born in Yorkshire and, having never lived in or near Manchester, I qualify for the 'foreigner' category of City supporters.

As a very, very young lad, I became (because of Bert Trautman) 'City daft' after the 1956 FA Cup triumph, so I also qualify as a 'glory hunter'. In spite of the relegation problems in the early sixties, I continued my glory hunting trail with Uncle Joe's magnificent side, followed by the hopes and relative optimism of the later seventies.

As a season ticket holder in the yo-yo years of the eighties, despite witnessing two relegations, the glory hunting continued with two promotions. The nineties were problematical, to say the least and thereafter, the rest is (recent) history even though by the time that our owners took control, it looked as though the Club was, financially speaking, about to 'go to the wall'.

Today, as the glory hunting continues, I'm quite happy to watch the Club's fanbase expand and I don't begrudge anyone, irrespective of their age or previous affinities, supporting City - why should I, when I'm a glory hunting foreigner myself ??

In posting this thread, however, I do wonder if Breks - with his views - is tortured by some deep seated Freudian complex which is trying to reach the surface in this way. Apologies to him if this comment causes any undue offence.

What you being a cock for? You know full well the type of people I'm talking about.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Breks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Plenty of teams in Yorkshire. And racing pigeons, apparently.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 am

I obviously started supporting City the day of the takeover.

Since then, I spent more than £50k following City, flying across the continent, for away trips sometimes.

I am a happy glory hunter, but do I give a fuck.
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum